Giacomo217

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Ciao a tutti,
Mi chiamo Giacomo e in questo mondo sono ancora un Novellino. Sono circa 5 mesi che studio python e mi piace molto. Sto sperimentando il raspberry e piano piano faccio progressi!
Spero nel vostro aiuto è aiuterò anche io come posso!
Grazie del vostro supporto in anticipo!
Buona giornata a tutti

Samuel1982

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi there,

I'm a hydrographer, from UK.

hairofthedog

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:08 am

Hi, I'm hairofthedog, Im really new to any coding,,, I have an RPI3 with touch screen, and running

Raspberry Pi Desktop and managed to get my Boss GP-10 working (Guitar Processor) with QJACK for midi control

"the GP-10 has USB MIDI and is not class complient, their is an edtor program built by Colin Willcox, I'd like

to run, at first I tried the Linux version with a program (ExaGear) and both Windows versions along with (ExaGear and

Wine) that's suppose to make x86 apps work on ARM cpu's, but no luck... Look's like theirs just a few that

actually do work, Like notepad, etc...LOL! OK, Colin just put the source code up, and allows that I need to

install QT5 on my Pi and build from the code to run on ARM cpu's. But Man I'm really out of my wheelhouse on

this. Anyone want to try and see if it will run before I mess things up real good finding out it wont. then I'll

know to proceed or not.
Happy Thanksgiving.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloo ... les/GP-10/

rsoldie

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 am

Hi leute, durch meine absicht demnächst rente zu bekommen habe ich mehr Zeit für die kleinen dinge des Lebens, die auch noch Spaß machen. Und da weihnachten naht habe ich mir nun das rpi 3b zugelegt nebst kalender von conrad und hoffe auf noch mehr Spaß.
Zuletzt habe ich metallographie studiert. Die automation der haustechnik hat mich aber schon viel länger interessiert.
Nichts ist so schlecht, als das nicht etwas gutes daran ist...

renith

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 am

Good Morning Sir/Madam.

Firstly, I would like to say thanks for giving me this opportunity it's my pleasure to introduce myself.
My name is Teetu Kumar. I live in Noida (UP).
I completed B.Com from CCS University.
My hobbies are riding a bike and playing cricket.
My strength is I am a quick learner, honest, and hardworking.
My weakness is my communication skill but I am trying to improve it.
And as per my family background, I have a family of six members.
Father, Mother, and two brother & one sister. My father works in ARMY, and my mother is a homemaker.
My goal is the one when I will join any company then I will give 100% to the company.
That's all about myself.
Thank you.

More Details.. http://www.besanttechnologies.in/oracl ... alore.html

DidierAubin87

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 am

Hello everyone,
I'm from France :D

thehotskills

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:04 am

Working as a web designer, it's a typical and most basic errand to re-planned websites again and again with inventive and crisp thoughts yet unfortunately, the motivation or thoughts can vanish when we require those most.
Rather than thinking it might be a smart idea to invest some energy in TheHotSkills a website inspiration gallery to boost up your creation and observe on the others work done in the past for thoughts and motivation for responsive sites and break down how they are fabricated and how the design is sorted out on desktop and also on portable program.

sound_e_scape

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 pm

I really hope I get to build my dreams.

I am constantly frustrated with out of the box solutions where I can't help but to think, "If only this could do that" so I am going to build my own things as much as I can.

I'm pretty sure the Raspberry Pi is the right choice for me, but I have so much to learn.

Nice to finally be here.

wolbert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 am

Hello guys! I'm Albert. I joined to learn more about Raspberry Pi 3.

ConnorJohn

Hello From Nepal!!!

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 am

I'm waving at my microprocessor from a small village in Nepal. My walls are built from clay and wood, I eat the same meal everyday, and I'm here to help this village grow organic food. My name is ConnorJohn and I'm so happy that finally after eight months here, I finally found all the parts I need to begin my self taught engineering lessons.
I will be living in Nepal for 20 more months. Before joining the Peace Corps (a US-Based organisation) and being sent to Nepal to live with a Nepali family in their home, by myself, as they live- for Ag work for 27 months, I applied for engineering school after obtaining an Ecology degree. I was wait listed! So I decided to teach myself how to engineer, before reapplying after two years, surely winning their hearts with my know how and soft spot for humanitarian(and animal rights) work.
I have raised wolves and ravens, held eagles, owls, and raptors- made friends with coyotes and foxes. No kidding! I was a nature educator in the States. I might have more canine friends than human friends :D

Being in Nepal has been a perfect experience so far. I just gave a mushroom-growing training to 60 people asti. (that's two days ago in Nepali). I'm not saying it to brag, but rather because of how proud I am that I'm able to stand up in front of 60 people and speak their native tongue well enough to teach them about mushrooms.
These types of feelings made me realise that I shouldn't be realistic with my goals, that over time like a broken code discovered by a bored engineer, I should prepare for change- always look higher and always prepare for the assimilation of coding that brings me to find good places. And so I'll begin with my raspberry pi, my arduino, and my RexQualis Electronics Fun Kit, along with some sensors I found at Nepal's only raspberry pi store... it's called "Breadfruit." Pretty awesome. People here appreciate DIY more than most. Why would they not?

I'm sure you'll all be hearing from me soon enough, as I've got 20 months of free time in between my work. No family, no friends. Just me typing away late at night, lighting those LEDs or making my Kombucha heating station... Now I did have a Microsoft Surface Pro, dang, do I miss that. But Nepal's monsoon season decided that it wasn't fit for my service, and it fried completely. All i have now is my Pi (nickname to come), and finally am ready to power on. That being said, I'm sure I will ask many questions, because its the only processor I possess... and I rather not fry my connection with the rest of the world.

I just got another tattoo, a circuit board type design I drew. Looks like a circuit board on my forearm, but ends with dots resembling some of my favourite constellations near my hand. This was a symbolic gesture. I have been a lot in my life. I've lived in tipis and yurts. I've built houses and welded solar panel arrays. I've played with wolves (and the horses that they eventually ate) and hiked many mountains. Though there is so much out there, I believe its time to look inward. It's time to embrace the passion that has rested at my feet for my entire life. To build, to engineer, to create.

Thank you all!!!! Excited to be apart of the community and hopefully one day I will be able to contribute. I'm sure someday I will.

anros

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi !
I’m a geek of many flavors. I’m keenly interested in how the world works, as well as how peoples’ brains work and how we learn. I’m an education researcher and reformer by trade.
I'm complete newbie in the Pi, but I'm always interested in creating my own project sometime. Summer came and I decided no better time than now to begin.

JBa84

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I am Jochen, an electrical engineer with interests in the on- and off-road automotive business, especially in electro mobility, and renewable energy. In my private spare time, I love to be out, go bouldering/climbing or take my camera out, unfortunately, the later is fallen a bit asleep.

My first project with the Raspberry will be to setup a music streaming client with a Hifiberry hooked to the Raspi. Let's see, what will follow.

Post scriptum: Please, apologize my rudeness to post without introducing myself :(

credeagle

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi! I'm Cassandra, and I have way more experience with actual pie than I'll ever have with Raspberry Pi. My husband has been talking about getting one for a couple of years and I'd really love to get him one (it's why I'm here!)...but alas--I am ignorant. ;)
I am encouraging suggestions. Please message me if you're interested in talking me through it!

n1tr0

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm

hola ame llamo daniel soy de españa!!

mzjo

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself! "Hello"

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello I'm Jo. I'm a 60 yr old non-geek who has come to the pi as a replacement for a defunct, slightly melted, netbook because it has lots of genuine USB ports and doesn't need to use Android or Windows 10. I have been using Linux on and off for over 10 years without ever needing to get involved in using terminals and commandline and BASH. (Just for the record I don't code or program things either). I live in France although the passport (for what that's worth) is British.

The only project planned at present, with a friend pi-user from a local fablab, is to try to connect pies to screens from some of the dead laptops in our posession. At present mine is using either the domestic television (when no-one is watching anything) or a smaller recovered flat screen telly. I am waiting to recover a 3D printed box to fix the pi to the VESA mount on the back of the screen.

Thank you to the members of this forum who have already given me some very useful advice.

Cheers Jo

eezytron

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi. My name is Craig a retired bus driver in the UK. I have always been interested in computers and electronics but a busy working and family life never allowed me the time to get fully involved. That has now all changed and a less hectic lifestyle allows me plenty of time to finally get on with it especially with the wonderful Raspberry Pi.
Many thanks
eezytron :)

kiron

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:27 am

Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. For my background, I'm a Web Designer at Petstreetmall which is an online store that sells pet supplies. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.
Last edited by kiron on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

RubenC

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 am

Hi people,

Linux sysadmin and skydiver from Spain :)

Regards

dariushbabri

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Guys!

I am a software developer and I'd like to create simple project for educational purpose.

I love Raspberry Pi!

طراحی سایت

N1EYO

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Greetings and Hallucinations!

I’m Dave from Merritt Island 🌴Florida. USA.

Ham radio station ~ N1EYO

Total N00b

MarkusJ

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Hello, I'm Markus from Finland. I work as an embedded software designer. I already made my first RPi tutorial for anyone who wants to enable the RPi 3 with Raspbian Lite Stretch as a bluetooth audio receiver. http://markus.jarvisalo.dy.fi/2017/12/m ... -receiver/

I started with my first RPi 3 two weeks ago and set it up as a webserver, git-server, owncloud server, mumbleserver, irssi client and have it running headless with the possibility of connecting to it via ssh, teamviewer or bluetooth terminal. There are no really good bluetooth terminals for android so when I have some spare time I will learn how to make android software and I will make my own or contribute to some open source program to bring a good bluetooth terminal experience to android. Currently I have the next two weeks completely booked after work because I sing in a choir and we have 9 Christmas concerts scheduled :)

A week ago I bought my second RPi 3 and I intend to make it a car entertainment system, navigation, theft prevention etc. I already have the bluetooth receiver thing working and have ordered a gps-module, 3g-module and a battery pack for it to run after the car has been shutdown. I made some modifications to my car already and I have a soft-power button to shutdown and wake up the pi on my car dashboard :) I still need a touch-display from somewhere and those other modules to arrive from china.

I love the Raspberry Pis. Next I might order some Zeros. I just need to figure out some project that I could use it for :D

See you around!

billfusion

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 am

Hello world (sorry could not resist)
Call me bill , I am an electronics technician, industrial systems technician. I have been at since first days of commodore 64 and in school it was mainframe and there was tube testers in the stores. Got my start with electronics with a model railroad . Have been an outside the box thinker (to some extremes some day) Worked with the most basic analog to circuits as complex as a video server used in TV studios. Worked with IBM, mac, iPad, android, mainframe, c64, pocket computer, kaypro, palm, CE and some very strange CNC type machines. Also work PLC and HMI of industrial control which means I have work with 440 volt 3 phase power.
BUT , I have also work with mechanical stuff as well, such as ship steam propulsion , water pumps, hydraulics , air compressors, oxygen separators, ozone generators.
Hobby wise, well its electronics, computers, model railroads, radio control , amateur radio music synthesizers

You can ask me any question as long as it is not sports.

mikealora

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 am

I am here because of you. I want to increase my skills and want to develop some skills.
Smart Home Devices provide support for smart home speakers(Amazon Echo, Echo dot, Echo plus, Echo Show, Amazon Tap and Echo Spot) and Alexa app https://www.smarthomesmaker.com/amazon-echo-support/

aparsonsuk

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 am

Hi all,

I'm Aaron i'm the head of ICT at a secondary school in sunny Dorset and all round geek.

we've had pi's in school now for about a year and a half with the main ones being a bank of 30 pi3's that where initially got for hacking Minecraft after a course i did at the end of 2016. It went down amazingly with the students so to help expand on this i went on the Picademy course in Manchester this year which was an incredible experience, which has helped me bring the physical side of computing with yet more purchased pi's into the classroom from using sense hats to just making LED's light up the student find the whole process engaging and fun seeing how aspects of computer science can link into the real world.

If your thinking of going on a PiCademy course then i'd def say do it as it's a fantastic experience and you get to meet a whole group of like minded people as well.

Into over.

MiilaMaheAedOU

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 pm

#include hello.h

my name is Michelle, I am Open Source Deveoper ( linux4michelle ) and long term Debian GNU/Linux user beginning with 2.1 Slink in 1999. I am PostgreSQL expert owning one of the biggest Historical databases in the world, run my own Courier Mail server (also with mailinglists), a load of Apache 2 webservers and my own mini cloud network. Hence, I have a bunch of root servers availlable to do many crazy things with it.

Also I am Electronic Developer and since 2014 co-owner of Miila Mahe Aed OÜ (translated: Miila Organic Garden) in Estonia.

OK, Miila Mahe Aed OÜ is an expermental BioFarm and the sandbox for my seconbd enterprise, which will be not more an enterprise, because I will create it as a Foundation with the target to develop 24V DC based Autonomous Power Supply Systems and all things arround.

Of course, anything will be Open Source under something similar to the GNU GPL v3.

However, the Foundation will offer also Dual Licensing under something similar ot the BSD MIT License for a fee to allow the use of our ideas to be included in commercial products and the same time to allow us to develop new things..

OK, only the provisory website of Miila Mahe Aed OÜ is up and running but I am already working on the website of the foundation.

So for now I am here, because I like to get into Raspberry PI 3 as lowcost platform, using CAN, and big TFT displays.
My main research and development are Datalogger (Wind and Solarenergy) , envirement measuring and controlling

May PI and the source be with you
Michelle

Return to “General discussion”