SciGama

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I am James. A software/cloud engineer from Orlando, Fl. Went to an IOT user group meeting in town and now Im hooked.:) I interested in doing development on these devices and looking forward to learning. Also I have a 5 year old daughter and she is hooked also. I have been asked to teach an 'Hour of Code' class at her school next week and these devices will likely be a focal point.

hassa

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:20 am

Hi.. greetings... i'm hassa from indonesia..... :)

topgunner

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 am

SciGama wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm
I am James. A software/cloud engineer from Orlando, Fl. Went to an IOT user group meeting in town and now Im hooked.:) I interested in doing development on these devices and looking forward to learning. Also I have a 5 year old daughter and she is hooked also. I have been asked to teach an 'Hour of Code' class at her school next week and these devices will likely be a focal point.
You are in the right place for knowledge. Welcome

IVI

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 am

Hello, I am Ivi from BJ, China, a fresh programmer. Today, 24th Oct, is Programmers' Festival in China. Wish all the coders worldwide have a good day. And very excited to enter this wonderland.

#include<stdio.h>
int
main(int argc,char* argv[])
{

int date;

if(argc!=2)
{
printf("./a.out date\n");
printf("As to date, you can try three different ones:1024,10240,10241. More internal meanings including Chinese Culture you can think, lots of fun, run it right now!\n ");
}

date=atoi(argv[1]);

switch(date)
{
case 1024:
printf("Happy Programmers' Day!");
printf("程序员节日快乐!\n");
break;
case 10240:
printf("Happy femaleProgrammers' Day!");
printf("程序媛节日快乐!\n");
break;
case 10241:
printf("Happy maleProgrammers' Day!");
printf("程序猿节日快乐!\n");
break;

}

return 0;

}

The Traveler

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Greeting to the RPi community!

By way of introduction my name is Jeff and I'm a long time programmer, network administrator and general all around computer technology tinkerer. I started with assembler as a kid 'way back in '75 and over the last 40+ years have added BASIC, C, C++, along with a number of shell and scripting languages, Bash, C shell and Korn shells, Python, Tcl/Tk, some Perl and Lua. I've used LINUX in from one distro or another (my current fave is lubuntu) for over 20 years and I think the Open Source model is smart and successful.

I look forward to sharing my ideas, projects and experience with the RPi community.

Cheers to all.
Last edited by The Traveler on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your Google-fu is weak Grasshopper. It is not the answer that enlightens, but the research.”

liodel

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi All,

Lionel from France here,

using rapsberry pi essentially for science exhibitions as interactive (or not) video / image player,
i'm trying to put a lot of them in a lot of other places (fablab, art exhibitions, other funky stuff...)

probably looking for help really soon... i'm stick on an opengl problem right now...

Glad to be here ! 8-)

maikodocty25

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:53 pm

My name is Thirdy. cute nerdy hot tech gamer.

d'z00

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Why, hello, and I'm pleased to meet you too.

Haven't yet bought a Pi board, I hope this forum will help me know which one to buy and so forth.

Sure enough, I will like this

topgunner

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:18 am

d'z00 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm
Why, hello, and I'm pleased to meet you too.

Haven't yet bought a Pi board, I hope this forum will help me know which one to buy and so forth.

Sure enough, I will like this
Welcome! Lots of stickies and helpful discussions around like that thread. You will surely enjoy here.

natasyawelly

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 am

hello, newbie here

pamelaign

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 am

I'm Charms, a bit of a novice. But a quick study. Hope to learn.

saikumar

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm

hello, we are from procorp technologies. we do the projects based on the Raspberry pi 3 processor.
we will do interfacing any module with Raspberry pi.
for more information, please follow us at:

PROJECTS BASED ON RASPBERRY PI 3: http://www.procorpprojects.com/raspberr ... -projects/

kzpm

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:03 am

Please allow me to introduce myself,
My work is in the IT business, I am a Full Stack Dev. Yes I like every aspect of our information society. In earlier days I was a Delphi (2) programmer for MS platforms, but in the late ninitees I switched to Caldera Linux and never went back to MS.
Three years ago I bought my first RPI.

My hobbies are bass guitar playing, McDonalds food, sunny weather, cars and soccer.

My company is OSmigratie. The "OS" part in OSmigratie means "Operating System" or "Open Source". We try to help education, government agencies and business to migrate to open-source solutions.
The website is (still in Dutch) osmigratie.nl.

Our company initiated a petition for the European Parliament last year. It tries to prevent selling pre-installed operating systems dominated by companies as Google, Microsoft and Apple.

escherbach

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:00 am

Hi, I'm James, middles age, been playing around with Raspberry Pis, Arduinos ESP8266, ESP32 etc in my spare time for a couple of years now, brings me back to my childhood memories, my friends and me playing around with ZX81s, Spectrums, BBC B, Commodore Vic, 64 etc. Forum has been great for learning and troubleshooting, but I have only just registered today. Thanks everyone!

postiejohn

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:37 am

I'm John, A postman with a PhD in physics! I've been using linux since 1990, before that it was VMS and UNIX, I refuse to use Bill Gates Bloatware. The pi is brilliant and the new stretch raspbian is pretty good. I have been slowly converting my family to the pi. I'm extremely worried about the security of big firms being run by people who think they know what they are doing and clearly don't. I also try to keep my internet footprint small, however as I'm getting on a bit and nobody else seems to worry, I decided to join up.

robertdaleweir

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:08 am

My handle is my name. I have a background in Math and Engineering. I have been using the 'NIX' OSes for many years. I have recently started a project which requires a Continuous Runtime which controls certain items in my home. I have been using a larger PC but I feel it is time to try the Raspberry Pi. I have just ordered a Canakit and I hope to get underway as soon as it arrives. I am glad to be a member of this Forum and I hope to able to contribute once I get some experience. Cheers...

wooddan22

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:24 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Dan. I am from Utah and I enjoy playing basketball and using my Raspberry Pi.

enricotognoni

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi, im a linux addicted user, i like raspbian, debian and arch archlinuxarm. I like to use raspberry Pi 3b as a desktop in the library to browse, play movies and to play board games. My lug adopted raspberry to learn and and play (http://novatelug.altervista.org/)
ciao!

bgbraga

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Bruno from Brazil.

TheTechKid

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi! I'm a kid from the US that is really interested in computers! I have 2 RPI3's and one RPI2, if you were wondering! :D
Stephen Hawking. We will always remember you.
1/8/42 - 3/14/18

AllanGH

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 am

Greetings.

I'm Allan, living in Southern California, USA.

I'm a 1980's-era UNIX user, who migrated to CP/M, then to Digital Research DOS on the 8088/86 platform; and have been a happy Linux user since Mother's Day of 1995. Moving away from RH at release 8.0, I've been using Debian as my main DTOS, with "play and test systems' running the gamut of the Open Source pecking order...just because a new distro is always entertaining to me. I did have an opportunity to work with the SimplyMEPIS distro for a few years, and found myself moderating the message boards over at mepis.org, and hosting a mirror, for the historical .iso files, as well as the new releases.

I'm not microsoft agnostic and, under the influence of insanely poor judgement, did in fact pass the full course MCSE certification exams. I have served as instructor in several computer literacy classes which forced upon me the indignity of dealing with various flavors of windows, and several iterations of productivity software. Upon the passage of nearly 10 years, I have quite recovered; yet, the scars remain.

I've been life-long involved in electronics engineering and applied technology fields, with periods of daytime served in front of a classroom, getting my hands grimy with whiteboard marker stuff, and nighttime served grading maths, circuit analysis, and principles of data communication exams. Having dutifully served my time with a stiff upper lip, I find that I miss it quite a bit of late.

In terms of programming experience, I cut my teeth on Niklaus Wirth's PASCAL, and moved over to iAPX86 assembler, and ANSI C All other programming dialects are something of a means to an end and, therefore, I find myself learning various syntaxes and semantics as a matter of necessity, and at the most inconvenient times.

Leisure time activities involve my family, for the most part; but there is also plenty of time to do some experimentation, research, and prototyping of devices that solve problems. A day without flux smoke filling the air above my desk is a day wasted, in my humble opinion.

Frequently my time is volunteered for me, for one project or another, which I don't mind as much as I make it seem at times; and it was my volunteered services which brought me into contact with RPi....specifically the 3B.

Since fulfilling my pro-bono duties, I have been dabbling quite a bit with the Pi and its variants--in addition to my other projects--and see the utility of this tiny platform in many contexts which need a bit more of a kick in the pants than a µC can provide.

Enough about me, now. I'll continue wandering the boards, here, to see what interests me.

################ EDIT ###############

By the way, apologies to all for the current squatter in the White House. I *certainly* did not vote for him.

################ /EDIT ###############
Last edited by AllanGH on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
##########################

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

atishagupta

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 am

hi

Menno Bouma

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:34 pm

I am Menno from The Netherlands. Helping out a friend with his Raspberry Pi and it's pretty cool, so I think I'll buy my own as well :D

couplands

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm based in the Peak District in the UK. I'm building a home automation project and hope to use the Pi and openHAB to keep everything under control.

Cheers

Simon

Giacomo217

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Ciao a tutti,
Mi chiamo Giacomo e in questo mondo sono ancora un Novellino. Sono circa 5 mesi che studio python e mi piace molto. Sto sperimentando il raspberry e piano piano faccio progressi!
Spero nel vostro aiuto è aiuterò anche io come posso!
Grazie del vostro supporto in anticipo!
Buona giornata a tutti

Return to “General discussion”