prabhu123

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:47 am

thankyou im new to this rasperipi https://www.xenderdownloadforpc.com/

michael92150

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I am fascinated by raspberry pi and hear to learn and read.

Michaël

punishell

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Remi, I'm from Poland but living and working in Northern Ireland. I've started programming year ago and recently did get a first job.
Part of the project I'm working on is based on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev. 1. I hope I'll find some help here. Actually, I already did but there will be plenty more challenges and issues later on.

I like watching football, analysing statistics about it, looking for patterns (geeky things about beautiful game).
Basketball, TV Shows & Movies and whiskey. Simple hobbies for simple man.

If I can help , I always will but at the start of my journey mostly I need help. ;)

thewizard65

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm Brad, I go by thewizard65 and have since the late 70's early 80's when Game rooms were the hit, I got my handel by becoming the pin ball wizard of my home town in 1978-79. I am now Certified IT Tech messing around with micro processors and mini computers like the pi.

MadCarbon

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:20 am

Hi All,

Been tinkering for a few years. Got a 2 and 2 3Bs. Having trouble with a LAMP so thought I would join to see if you guys can point me in the right direction.

juanito.b1014

I can´t drag noobs into my sd card

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi,
this weekend i will recieve my raspberry pi.
I want to download noobs but i can´t drag it on my sd card.
Can someone tell me how to do it?
My SD card is 16 GB and i have already formatted it but it still goes wrong.
HELP PLEASE!!!! :roll:

zeroexct

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:14 am

Hi I'm Bryan, I'm a college student with a course in computer engineering. Recently I've been invested in working with raspberry pi in making a media server and later I'm planning to make a retro game console out of it. I have the basic grasp of languages such as C, C#, C++, Java, and as well as webdev languages/scripts too. But I'm not exactly at the level of developing programs professionally. But right now I'm kinda hooked with front end web design.

Aside from working with computer software, troubleshooting hardware problems are pretty much the thing I kinda dig. Been fixing laptops and system units for my family and cousins since I was 16. Nice to meet ya peeps :).

Tomarr

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi, I'm Dean. I'm a retired IT manager for a local TV station in North Texas. My first computer experience was way back in 1979 when a friend loaned me his TRS-80 computer and I learned to program in RS-basic. It was great fun and I haven't been computerless since. I'm very excited about the Raspberry 3 and it's ability to be a desktop computer and more! I haven't been working with it for very long, but I'm already amazed at what it can do both by itself, and when embedded with other hardware and software. You'll probably get a lot of questions from me, but I'll answer some too, if I'm able.

shopintex

Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:57 pm

hi , im masoud from iran , my job is Website designer

rishitghosh

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 am

Hi,I am Rishit .I am a student and I am here to learn more about the raspberry pi

Jackroom

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 am

Hello every one :D 8-) :mrgreen: ,this is Young,I provide USB camera module.

Mina camera module works well with rapsberry pi and used for industry security (Machine vision,3D pinter,robot,ATM,car and other embedded project),house security.

We recently launched the new usb camera and were wondering if you would like to use for your Video project(or write reviews) .

Wanna free ?

fill it ;) : https://goo.gl/forms/YEBK5gyk8iZUz6A92

tomcat53

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi,

I am a newbie from Canada. I am the principal of a small rural elementary school and I heard about the wonders of the raspberry pi in the classroom. I wanted to experience for myself before introducing it to my teachers and students.I bought one for me... err my son! ;) I discovered Scratch. Bought five pi's to begin my pilot project and that's about it. Got my son an AlphaBot2 thinking it would be programmable with Scratch, but it doesn't look like it. I'm not sure how I will get my teachers to by into this project. If it looks complicated to me, it will be too overwhelming for them. I hope to find support and motivation in this forum... Thanks.

JagVader

Let me Introduce myself!

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Hey everyone.
New here and to the Raspberry Pi. A little back ground. I'm hardware savvy but when it comes to code or any type of programing I can do a repeating DOS line and that's about it. I got the Raspberry for xmas this year and now my kids and I want to tackle probably the most difficult thing to do as beginners, an outdoor xmas light display to music. Yep I'm that guy.. Since I have no experience in any of this I'm looking for anyone to point me in the direction of how to, one- use the Raspberry, two-do the code for the lights (Sequence) to the music, three- how to mesh the two together code and music.
I have the electrical knowledge to hook up all the hardware ie. power, relays etc, but majorly stupid when it comes to any of this other stuff.. I look forward to any help.
Thanks again,
Jeff
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing"

DonaldS

Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:58 am

Hi all,

I am Donald Silverburgh and I am from Dallas, Texas. I am a Freelance Marketer by profession. I am a proud Husband and a proud father of a son and a daughter. I am very much delighted to be a part of Raspberry Pi Forums and I am sure that it would be an amazing experience. I would love to contribute to this platform and would help others. Moreover, I am an active person on Quora and answer a lot of questions related to Raspberry Pi. This has taught me so much about it and I am learning and getting much from it. I hope I will learn a lot from here.\

Thanks

codedoo

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi,

I'm Leonardo, I'm a developer, and I'm passionate about Raspberry after I started to think if it was possible boot a bare metal and load some kind of OS.
I needed a cheap PC and I bought a PI Zero, I found PI Zero awesome and I love it.

I drink coffee too, and beer, but not mixed :lol:

My first computer was a zx spectrum 48k and I'd like to have it again

Leonardo

keshlam

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Joe Kesselman, IBMer since before the IBMPC, software hacker since well before that, badly out of practice at hardware-level Unix admin but relearning it.

I was involved in a significant chunk of IBM's XML efforts (including serving on the W3C's DOM Working Group and being involved in the code which became Apache Xerces and Xalan); more recently I've had my fingers in Websphere Liberty and in some of the Watson Health projects.

If you websearch for "keshlam", you'll find everything else I've been involved in. About the only references that I know of which aren't me are "Kesh Lam" and Tempus Keshlam on TheManaWorld.

Current Pi project: A quick swing at getting the WiSH drivers (https://sourceforge.net/projects/wish) running to control old an old X10 interface. Those were written for an earlier Linux, and there are still some edges that need to be hammered back into place before it'll work, but I've posted what I've done so far to its mailing list. If it doesn't work fairly quickly I may resort to one of the other solutions, but Wish has the advantage of being easy to control from the command line, which would make it easy to tie into HA-BRIDGE and integrate into SmartThings.

courtesybear

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:52 am

Hi,

Just recently got a Raspberry Pi to build a retro gaming console with RetroPie. I got to set it up myself with all the very helpful resources online. Now I'm interested in learning what other possibilities there are with Raspberry Pi. I might end up getting another one to see what else is possible!

Be talking more in the forums!
Easiest RetroPie setup with my Raspberry Pi: https://goretropiegaming.com

Petra-Kathi

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi @all,

I'm a 58 year old German physicist and Raspi-maid ;)

I use the Raspis both for private and business use: I set up a low latency BTLE bridge to transmit midi signals from the Yamaha UD-BT01, glued to an EWI-USB wind controller with a power bank, to a standard Midi-in synthesizer. Another private application is a family calendar server on a NextCloudPi, saving 9/10 of the former power consumption in 24/7 operation.

Business applications are custom measurement system centered: acoustic mixture properties analysis; microphone test bed for quasi-simultaneous microphone capsule degeneration monitoring, multiple flashlight generator for fast scene illumination changes, ...

Further ideas are plenty, and the next Raspi is already waiting for the next project ... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Petra

travisfarmer

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:05 am

Hello, i am a 38 year old carpenter, with a wide range of hobbies geared around computers and electronics.
I first started programing in the 80's with a Commodore 128 (in 64 mode). i remember typing line after line of code from a magazine, only to get the dreaded "Syntax Error".
Currently, i mainly program on Arduino, but thought i would expand my knowledge to Rpi. I have a Rpi 3, and i have ordered a CM3L, along with a Chinese (cheaper) IO board. I look forward to seeing what projects i can come up with with my Rpi computers.

I first posted my intro in the wrong board (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=201855#p1255663) :oops:
but i thought i would elaborate a bit here.

~Travis

Mediomatricus

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm Mediomatricus. I'm afraid I'm French, but why couldn't a man my age be French? as Eric Satie once wisely put it.
I have been a Linux aficionado for several years now and I have just purchased a Pi 3 as it seems to be quite the fun toy.
I am in the discovery phase, customising the little bug to my liking.
My other fields of interest? Well, dogs, I love dogs, Japan where I lived for 20 years, Far Eastern and European old ceramics.
There you have it :)
Looking forward to knowing more about the Pi world! :)

itnavigate

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 am

Hi All,

I'm Colin.

I've done a little bit of R&D with Samsung SBC's for someone else, and now I have a opportunity to do some R&D of my own.

conradbethel

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Hello, Everyone! I am Conrad Bethel. I love to play games and watching movies and also I am learning Java. So hopefully I'll learn from this forum and also post my queries. Thanks to admin and team to accept my request and give me a chance to become the member of Raspberrybi.

bobbydurrett

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 pm

My name is Bobby Durrett. I do computer work for a living, mainly working on Oracle databases. Linux on x86-64 hardware is our current standard platform for our in-house databases and on cloud systems like Amazon Web Services so I have been learning about Linux itself and the open source software that runs on it. My blog http://www.bobbydurrettdba.com/ is mainly about my work.

I've been debating getting a Raspberry Pi just because I have heard so much about it. I use Linux virtual machines in VirtualBox both for work and for fun so I already have Linux and it runs on the same x86-64 hardware that I use for work so I didn't see much use for a RP. But, I don't have a system that runs Linux directly on hardware. I dorked with booting my home computer from a USB thumb drive using Linux but had trouble getting the Wifi to work right. Also it was a big hassle because the BIOS is setup to make it hard to boot from a USB drive.

So, I broke down and asked for a Raspberry Pi 3 and a related book for Christmas. I have not cracked open the book so I can't say if it is good or not. My biggest challenge was that I didn't get a micro SD card with NOOBS already on it so I had to try to download Raspbian from the RP site. I was able to download R. Lite but not the graphical version. I imagined everyone getting their new RP on Christmas day and the non-profit web site being overloaded with traffic from people downloading Raspbian or NOOBS. Eventually I figured out how to use Torrent to download the full version of Raspbian. Also, my home computer doesn't have a reader for SD cards so I had to use my work computer - don't tell anyone. :) I ended up buying an external SD card reader using my Christmas money so I can use it with my home laptop in the future.

Anyway, I've been very impressed with not only the device itself but with all of the support on the web. Anything I think of needing to do I've found with a quick Google search. It is remarkable how well the RP works with only 1 gigabyte of memory, especially with the full graphical version of Raspbian. I compiled 3 different Nethack versions and found a bug in their latest code - a bug that I introduced ack! For some reason the bug didn't show up on Centos 64 bit x86 Linux. Also, I was surprised that RP uses 32 bit Linux since it is advertised as having 64 bit processors but then again with 1 gig of memory maybe you only need 32 bits.

It is cool having some personal hardware that runs Linux. It is interesting that it is a different type of CPU than I normally use. But, still, I'm unsure what I want to do with it. There are endless possibilities but only so much time in the day to mess with it. It's a very well done machine and it has great support. It has so much potential but what to do next? It is a fun problem to have. :)

Bobby

johnl123

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Hello, my name is John. New to the Raspberry Pi and trying to get some things figured out and working. Need to do I2C servo motor control using GPIO, SPI for sensors :) . I am an electrical engineer and do hardware design mostly, so embedded systems programming is something I need help with ... hahaha. I'm sure this community here will be of great help with my learning the in and outs of the Raspberry Pi. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Sincerely,
John

Daanivd

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 am

Hi, my name is Daan and I am from The Netherlands. I have a background in Biology and have an interest in electronics and camera technology. I am seeing if I can use the Pi for camera trapping wildlife. So far I am completely self taught, so please forgive me if I say something stupid... :D

Return to “General discussion”