Daanivd

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 am

Hi, my name is Daan and I am from The Netherlands. I have a background in Biology and have an interest in electronics and camera technology. I am seeing if I can use the Pi for camera trapping wildlife. So far I am completely self taught, so please forgive me if I say something stupid... :D

slanger

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello I'm Stephanie and I live near Syracuse, NY. I'm new to the Raspberry Pi! I do know a little about programming with Java, but I'm really unsure where I should start. I'd like to start a Raspberry Jam at the Manlius Public Library in New York. Mostly so I can meet others and see some project ideas.

Taylor90

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 am

Hi guys,
I am Dennis Taylor from US. I am new member here. Raspberry PI is quite new with me but I find it really interesting. Hope can learn a lot about it in this community.
It feels good to be lost in the right direction! :P

Dheeraj Bheemesh

Re: Introduce yourself!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:15 am

Hello! I am Dheeraj Bheemesh. I am doing my Master's in Germany. I am, presently perusing an internship and working on enabling autonomous driving and control of multiple robots. I am using Raspberry Pi for the project and I am new to this magic board. My intentions to join this community is to learn the programming on Raspberry Pi especially with C++ programming.

Regards,
Dheeraj Bheemesh

MobiloittePteLtd

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello, Raspberrypi

First, We would like to say thanks, Thanks for accepting our request to get register in this forums.

We called as a mobile app and web development company with 450+ developer and designers, Our Presence in India |USA | UK | Singapore, and Canada.

Working on the latest technology, Like IoT. BOTs, and Apps and some more, we use lots of smart devices and sensors.

As we work for Digital Especially on IoT, In this technology we use lots of electronic hardware as well as software to make a complete project like a microcontroller, Arduino board, Compiler, sensors, AVR ATmega16 and smarter devices.

We are looking forward for to get connect with all the repeated members soon.

Thanks.

iot.mobiloitte.com
www.mobiloitte.com.sg

simon1974

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 am

hi all
my name is simon and I have recently purchased a couple of raspberry pi 3 and I am need of some help getting rpi.gpio imported into python 3
when I have typed the import rpi. gpio as gpio it comes up with module not found but after doing a search in the forums and from what I have read that the rpi gpio is included in raspbian or am I doing something wrong

please help

briancobra

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:31 am

My name is Brian. Glad to join the community here. I joined because I always love to learn. Look forward to learning, sharing and growing.

Malix0

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am

I'm Massimo I'm from Italy, I work form a big company almost as software designer and PL/SQL developer. I really don't like PL/SQL but I do my best, because I love programming :-) So I also know Python, Go, Pascal, C#, PHP, VBScript and a little bit of other.
I own 3 RaspberryPi 1 B+, 2 and 3. I use the 3 as a media center, attached to my smart TV (not enough smart ;-) ), the 2 now is spare and I hope to use it for something interesting, the 1 is in a junction box behind my alarm control unit and I plan to use it for home automation. Now it run mosquitto MQTT broker and drive ESP8266, I want to use it to control my alarm too.

I have a family and we live in the countryside, my parents are retired and they work the land that gives us good fruits. I am too busy with work and with my passion, computers and I can not find the time to help them, but in the fall I take the time to collect the olives we use to produce an excellent oil.

Zheng Junruoyu

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 am

Hi, I'm Zheng Junruoyu. Really new here and have a lot to learn. But I'm very interested in Raspberry Pi and would like to make a model car with ROS. Hopefully I can reach my goal! I'm a Aerospace engineering student from China. Maybe one day I can put my Rpi on my UAV for route planning and visual obstacles avoidance. But I just can't connect my Rpi to a router :cry: I will overcome it, I promise!
Contact me via zhengjry@foxmail.com
Sincerely,
Zheng Junruoyu

SiberianSpForces

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi! I'm Seth, from the US. Got the Pi 3 for Christmas from my brother. I like games, so naturally it is primarily a Retro Pie machine. It's even in a Retroflag NESPi case. :P I look forward to seeing what other things this bugger can do and will always appreciate the help I may get when an issue comes around.

hmsnaveen95

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:51 am

I am Naveen, From Chennai India. I was 23 and currently Working In Hakuna Matata Solutions (https://www.hakunamatata.in/), It was an app development company and I am working as an Android app developer.
Hakuna Matata - The Happiness Of Digital Excellence
https://www.hakunamatata.in/

mojitox85

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

Hello everyone, my name is Antonio,im italian,32 years old, congratulations for the forum, I also recently immersed myself in the raspberry world, I hope to make new experiences thanks to all of you. :)

gregc

Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:12 am

Hi my name is Greg. I am using my RPi as an all-in-one computer that I will initially use to complete my MSc dissertation using Latex. After that is done (end of May) I intend to get stuck in to some programming projects with my son who has a B+ and a 2.

nibe

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Hello my name is Cesar,
i'm a big fun of Raspberry PI, I use it to run my console arcade with retro pi, it's super cool!
I love also do some experiments with the gpio to control stuffs, and developing with Pythin is super easy!

kaikorero

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am

Hi,
I'm Adrian from Germany, 24 years old and student of history and philosophy. I'm here, because I have a Rpi with Plan9 and need help (who doesn't? ^^)
I hope to learn a lot here and to contribute one day myself to the community!
Ex TARDIS mea hebdomada proxima dimittetur.

jameswilles

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 am

Hey all! I'm james. Ive only just recently discovered the raspberry pi.... ive always know about it but never really had a use for it before, now I've relised what these things can actually do, ive plunged myself deep in the the word of the pi, and so far, I like what I see!! 😁

Stifiejohn

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 am

Hello Everyone, I am Newbie Here.I am Stifiejohn, a blogger, fashionista, Fashion designer and Photography, Living in India.Currently Working at NGO for KIds.I am activity-ordinator. I love Modelling and Fashion World.I and my team have Top Fashion Industry Portal for Models, Directors, Photographers, Production house, makeup artists, kids Models, Teen models that gives the much-needed start to aspiring candidates.

CoolPlaysGaming

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello. I just recently set up my Raspberry Pi with NOOBS and figured out that I should join the forums because now my Raspberry Pi is working.

That's all. Seriously. Hidden text FTW!
There's a reason I haven't been active on this forum in the last few days

Main PC info
3GB RAM
Pentium dual-Core CPU 3GHz
Intel graphics card

8livesleft

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi,

I just got my Pi3 and I'm very happy to be using Linux again after a long hiatus. I was a longtime Linux user. Started when the first EeePC came out. Then upgraded to the EeePC 901. Experimented with various versions of Linux, mostly Debian based. So, when this came out, I thought I'd get back into it.

So far, I'm just using the Pi for simple nintendo games, some youtube and browsing. I plan to experiment more with the Pi but mostly for gaming and media to connect to my TV.

So, I'm definitely excited to learn from all of you.

See you around!

harms

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Felicitations! I had acquired my raspi to make a quick-hack style hard-disk repository for my music disks. But what I discovered is an amazingly powerful tool for applications halfway between "grown-up" computers and small-scale microprocessor based applications. Since Gtk runs well and smoothly on Raspberry, I will probably spend additional (and unforeseen :o ) time to give the disk-repository a nice GUI.

But, exploring this gadget I wonder whether it will not be an extremely useful complement for my micro-processor (AVR CAN) based housebus system. Some of my microprocessor nodes have grown to be overly complex, moreover, configuring the hardware with C-preprocessor declarations and Makefile is all but transparent and satisfactory, and yet an additional immediately apparent challenge is the replacement of the microprocessor-based touch-panels by a Raspberry base user-interface device.

I realise, the bottleneck is not what the Raspberry can do, but the time I can spend using it.

RonCete

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello, my name is Guillermo and I just bought a Raspberry ..., but I do not know why. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm getting old and I need to play with small toys again.

I hope to share and learn a lot here.

Regards

fixotip

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am

My name is Robert and I am blogger by profession. Today, I have updated my one post about linksys router.
https://fixingblog.com/linksys-wireless ... e-and-fix/
so if someone from you are having same problem. just read this blog and follow the instructions to fix the problem.

nicolone

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 am

hello to all

worcestershire

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:46 am

Hey to all, I'm David, 33, from the United Kingdom. I work as a software programmer and website design

I play with the raspberry pi in my spare time :-)
I'm a programmer and website designer.

pinstripebob

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi, my name's Garrett. I recently got a Pi 3 to use as a low-cost, easy-to-use automation unit. Hopefully I can use it to automate a couple little processes I have at home and at work.

I've been using Python, which is something I haven't touched in about 10 years, but it's fun to get back into it!

Return to “General discussion”