ricki21

What to do (with a PI)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:34 am

Hey guys I'm really interested in getting a Raspberry Pi ever since I heard about them but I know nothing of programing what could I do with one .... What do you do with one ? lol any advice and tips would be great thanks :)

Jessie

Re: What to do

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 am

ricki21 wrote:Hey guys I'm really interested in getting a Raspberry Pi ever since I heard about them but I know nothing of programing what could I do with one .... What do you do with one ? lol any advice and tips would be great thanks :)
You can do alot with one without knowing much or any programming. I usually use mine to watch videos off my media server, but now and then I run some emulation and play some classic games. On rare occasions I will tool around linux and try some of the user projects on here for the hell of it, one of these days when I have time I may start a project of my own with one but I wouldn't count on it. If none of that appeals to you though don't buy one just cause it's the cool (+ nerd weiner size) thing to have.

albatros

Re: What to do

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am

ricki21 wrote: What do you do with one ?
Hi,

with the Raspberry Pi you try to solve problems that you would not have without her. Many husbands will be reminded of someone. :D

Best Regards

Uwe

ricki21

Re: What to do (with a PI)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 pm

So you can play emulators on there ? I really want one live playing around with computers think I'm going to have to get one :) what's the best one to get?

wirelessmonk

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:56 pm

There is only one.

(Wait... hehe,nm)

A more appropriate question would be Where to buy one?

..and that, I'm afraid, depends almost entirely on your location and your sense of adventure.

ricki21

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 pm

well where should I get one? lol I live in Wales (Bridgend) to be more exact and what one should I get when I find where lol and what extras should I get and how much am I likely to spend ?

jamiesk

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm

I have mine controlling my immersion heater when the solar power makes enough power.

I got mine from here ... http://www.newit.co.uk/ ... I have nowt to do with the company, just a happy user :)
Pi1 (Nov 2012 loft)= 1KW immersion controller for Solar panel
Pi2 (Jan 2013 living room)=Play thing
Pi3 (Feb 2013 mobile)= Play thing with Tandy Ladder board,breakout board,Nokia display
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28193

Jim JKla

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

Return to “General discussion”