xxxlux

Received one instead of two Raspberry Pi

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm

This is e-mail I sent to [email protected] on Jan 6.

e-mail:
On 4.Jan 2013. I received your shipment. I found out that you delivered only one piece of Raspberry Pi instead of two which I had ordered and payed. In envelope I found Invoice nr. 1010218311, Date: 19. Dec 2012. Invoice Total GBP 48.15 or € 61.08 for Qty 2 Raspberry Pi Type B. The Invoice agrees with my order but no delivery. On custom declaration stated that the shipment has a weight of 100 gr. If you need some more information please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward for a quick solution.
Greetings,
Luka Tomovic

Since I havent received any answer does anyone advice me what to do.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Received one instead of two Raspberry Pi

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:46 am

Try emailing again -we cannot help here I am afraid. Or perhaps phone them up - that may work better.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

rickwookie

Sort yourselves out RS!

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm

xxxlux wrote:This is e-mail I sent to [email protected] on Jan 6.

e-mail:
On 4.Jan 2013. I received your shipment. I found out that you delivered only one piece of Raspberry Pi instead of two which I had ordered and payed. In envelope I found Invoice nr. 1010218311, Date: 19. Dec 2012. Invoice Total GBP 48.15 or € 61.08 for Qty 2 Raspberry Pi Type B. The Invoice agrees with my order but no delivery. On custom declaration stated that the shipment has a weight of 100 gr. If you need some more information please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward for a quick solution.
Greetings,
Luka Tomovic

Since I havent received any answer does anyone advice me what to do.
I was even more surprised to order one RPi from RS just before Christmas only for them to then ship me an empty (except for two dispatch notes, one mine and one for some random guy in Madrid who's full name, address, telephone number and RS account number I now have!) padded envelope.

Bizarrely, when I rang the customer service number on 'my' dispatch note and explained that I'd just taken delivery of an empty envelope (all ready for an argument, what proof did I have?), the CSR didn't hesitate is saying they'd simple send another one (not technically 'another' one though!) straight away. Oh, but not straight away because they're now out of stock so wont ship until the 7th January. Cheers RS.

I asked if it was a common occurrence for staff in their dispatch department to send out empty packaging, to be told "it does happen". Well RS, why does it happen and what are you going to do about it?!

I would suggest a system that adds expected shipping weight to the package bar code so that after packaging but before dispatch the packages a weighed with a potential for an "unexpected (lack of) item in the baggage area" alarm.

So, yes, I'm not a bit surprised that you could receive only half your order. I would say just ring them and let them know if they're not replying to your email.

On another point I was a bit miffed to see the so called 'security' seals on my pink Pi box (on the unit I finally received today) not properly attached thus rendering them useless. What are they there for anyway?

More annoying was the 'Made In China' sticker. I have subsequently learnt on this forum today that only Farnell make Pis in the UK and that all RS boards come from China, and that this is public knowledge. Well maybe it's public knowledge, but I would argue it's not 'common' knowledge. For all these reasons I'll be getting my third slice of Pi, like my first, from Farnell. After all, given the choice why would I NOT want to support British manufacturing, even if it is Welsh. ;-)

Ironically I only ordered from RS in the first place because they had stock at the time of ordering and as a business customer I get free delivery on orders from RS over £20. The in-stock thing didn't really work out for me in this case, AND they charged me £4.95 for delivery in the end anyway!

Return to “General discussion”