abishur

Re: New post on the front page: a date that'll interest you, and a datasheet that will too.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:44 am

Lob0426 said:

My craw got stuck on the troll comment. Just like witch hunts, troll hunts usually are caused by a lack of game to hunt. Dealing with trolls is one thing, actively hunting them is another completely. Do not seek trolls where none live!

There was a troll comment?  Either I missed it or I was oblivious to it being a troll lol!    And I'm sure we've agreed on just as many things as we disagreed on

Side note about Family Guy being well loved over there.  Who knew?  I feel like it's really hard to get good British programming in the states.  Most the time rather than airing it, we steal the idea and make our own version of it sometimes it works (The Office) and sometimes and doesn't (The I.T. Crowd)
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

TheEponymousBob

Re: New post on the front page: a date that'll interest you, and a datasheet that will too.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:00 am

The funny thing about Family Guy (well, apart from the fact it"s pretty hilarious on its own) is that while shows like South Park were immediately funnelled off to post-watershed "grown-up" TV slots, early episodes of FG were broadcast on terrestrial during early evening (~18:00) slots.

After a few episodes, someone somewhere noticed its actual content, and it was quickly rescheduled! Which is one reason I like it so much: I"ve always thought of it as a sniper rifle of filth, compared to South Park"s sawn-off shotgun approach.

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:37 am

Abishur said:

Side note about Family Guy being well loved over there.  Who knew?  I feel like it's really hard to get good British programming in the states.  Most the time rather than airing it, we steal the idea and make our own version of it sometimes it works (The Office) and sometimes and doesn't (The I.T. Crowd)

nah it's P.O.P. Apart from the news I hardly watch any american tv, maybe 8 hours a week. I mostly watch british tv, welsh, asian and german programmes or listen to radio 4, radio 2 or capital fm (was leicester sound)

Return to “General discussion”