Botspot

Re: Running Zoom on RPi: made easy with Pi-Apps - the new RPi app store

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Xolarwind wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:27 pm
I have installed GIMP again without problems...it is running now.. Zoom launches with the new updated app.
Good. No idea what happened there, but let's hope it doesn't happen again.
Xolarwind wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:27 pm
I will try to install missing package recommended by ptitSeb to fix pulseaudio problem and enabling usb headset sound and mic in zoom app running box86. I will comment about the results later.
The latest Zoom app should install the necessary pulseaudio dependencies to work.
When you launch the new updated Zoom, do you see this?
2020-10-12-115933_1920x1080_scrot.png
2020-10-12-115933_1920x1080_scrot.png (44.4 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

If the RPi camera fails to work, then a USB webcam may end up being the only option. Or there may be a workaround. But before we think about that, we must get audio working first.
Want to run Minecraft Java on your RPi? Easiest way is with Pi-Apps - just click Install.
https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Pi-Apps also includes Zoom, Visual Studio, Tor browser, Windows 10 theme, and 33 more.
Over 50,000 users!

Xolarwind

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:54 pm

2020-10-12-143743_1360x768_scrot.png
2020-10-12-143743_1360x768_scrot.png (108.95 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
Launching pulseaudio.
the pulsepid is 28248
/home/pi/zoom/runzoom.sh: línea 3: pulseaudio: orden no encontrada
Launching Zoom.
Box86 with Dynarec v0.1.3 2375d707 built on Oct 11 2020 23:30:10

---> sh: 1: pactl: not found

zoom started.
Client: Breakpad is using Single Client Mode! client fd = -1
sh: 1: pactl: not found
[CZPClientLogMgr::LogClientEnvironment] [MacAddr: DC:A6:32:52:42:32][client: Linux][OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)][Hardware: CPU Core:4 Frenquency:1.8 G Memory size:3397MB CPU Brand: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1800MHz GPU Brand:][Req ID: ]
Linux Client Version is 5.3.469451.0927
QSG_RENDER_LOOP is
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = LXDE; GDMSESSION = lightdm-xsession
Graphics Card Info::
Zoom package arch is 32bit, runing OS arch is i386
AppIconMgr::systemDesktopName log Desktop Name: LXDE-pi

----> sh: 1: pactl: not found
---> link image0 hasn't been detected!
----> Could not resolve property : pattern0

Error: Send error, 22 Invalid Argument

Then ZOOM STARTS.

Botspot

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Xolarwind wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:54 pm
/home/pi/zoom/runzoom.sh: línea 3: pulseaudio: orden no encontrada
That right there is a huge problem. It's translated to "pulseaudio: command not found"
I don't know how that's possible as pkg-install is supposed to install it, but please run this to fix it:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libxcb-xtest0 libxcb-xfixes0 cmake pulseaudio-utils pulseaudio
Want to run Minecraft Java on your RPi? Easiest way is with Pi-Apps - just click Install.
Pi-Apps also includes Zoom, Visual Studio, Tor browser, Windows 10 theme, and 33 more.
Over 50,000 users!

michael9000

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 am

Thanks for this.

Pi-Apps installed fine.

Chromium media edition and TBOplayer installed fine.

It makes me think it could be something like EPEL repo for centos. The base repo has what you need, EPEL has what you want.

Michael

Botspot

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:37 am

michael9000 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 am
Thanks for this.
Pi-Apps installed fine.
Chromium media edition and TBOplayer installed fine.
It makes me think it could be something like EPEL repo for centos. The base repo has what you need, EPEL has what you want.
Michael
Thank you Michael. If you have any app suggestions, bug reports, or anything else to say about Pi-Apps, go ahead!
Over 50,000 users!

Xolarwind

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:22 am

I run the fix you sent for zoom app pulseaudio problem ( sudo apt install libxcb-xtest0 libxcb-xfixes0 cmake pulseaudio-utils pulseaudio)

Then I uninstalled zoom (it appears as corrupted on pi Apps), and reinstalled everything (zoom app, including box86) from the new updated pi-apps panel.
NOW audio and mic works perfect from my USB headset on zoom desktop launcher.
Success !
Thank you very much Botspot!. The updated pi app looks great! Pi-kiss and Chromium media edition also installed fine.

The video problem is still there (no video on zoom app) with pi V2 module camera installed in the original raspberry pi 4 Camera Serial Interface (CSI).
If i could help you in some way to solve it, try different fixes, etc, count on me.
Best regards!
Xolarwind

Botspot

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Xolarwind wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:22 am
I run the fix you sent for zoom app pulseaudio problem ( sudo apt install libxcb-xtest0 libxcb-xfixes0 cmake pulseaudio-utils pulseaudio)

Then I uninstalled zoom (it appears as corrupted on pi Apps), and reinstalled everything (zoom app, including box86) from the new updated pi-apps panel.
NOW audio and mic works perfect from my USB headset on zoom desktop launcher.
Success !
Thank you very much Botspot!. The updated pi app looks great! Pi-kiss and Chromium media edition also installed fine.

The video problem is still there (no video on zoom app) with pi V2 module camera installed in the original raspberry pi 4 Camera Serial Interface (CSI).
If i could help you in some way to solve it, try different fixes, etc, count on me.
Best regards!
Xolarwind
Good!
I think the core issue was your non-english locale. My pkg-install script uses apt's "these NEW packages will be installed:" and "X to remove" messages to function properly. It has to find those 2 phrases in order to detect which packages will be installed. But with your Spanish locale, I doubt my script would find those phrases and so would probably not install anything.
Will try to find a more universal way to do it which at the same time supports regex and dependencies.
Over 50,000 users!

Xolarwind

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Perfect!. We could replace spanish language selection in all Rpis we are using with english language, if you think that this change could bring camera v2 functional on zoom desktop over box86. The problem could be that box86 is not working properly with camera v2 module, if i understand properly your previous messages ( also messages from ptitSeb). On zoom app desktop (over box 86) video settings show bcm2835 isp selection twice as camera options with one of the items selected, and do not show mmal 16.1.1 option which is a module that provides an object oriented interface to libmmal, which is the library underlying pi camera. Video settings also is not showing video "same as system" option. These 4 options (bcm2835 isp twice, mmal 16.1.1 and same as system) are showed in video settings selection on zoom web under chromium, where the pi cameras v1.3 and v.2 are complete functional. I hope that could bring you and ptitSeb some hints about the problem.... Could be libmmal library not emulated, or missing under box86? Thank you again.

Botspot

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Xolarwind wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm
Perfect!. We could replace spanish language selection in all Rpis we are using with english language, if you think that this change could bring camera v2 functional on zoom desktop over box86.
No, I was saying that your past problems getting this to work: apt-get problems, gimp problems, and pulseaudio problems were all caused by the Spanish locale.
Changing to an English locale will make Pi-Apps work, but I very much doubt it would make any difference for the Pi Camera.

As I have never seen/used/owned a Pi camera, I don't know much about them. Also, I don't understand how box86 works. So I won't be able to help you much. :(

Only advice I can give is: try following troubleshooting tutorials - maybe there is a lib you can install to make it work. Or maybe try creating your own virtual webcam with v4l2loopback that's really playing back the Pi camera's output.
Maybe you have Zoom broadcast the Pi's desktop, and one of the programs you have running on the desktop is a Pi-camera previewing window. And I'm sure there are other similar workarounds like these I mentioned. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Over 50,000 users!

Xolarwind

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:36 pm

...No, I was saying that your past problems getting this to work: apt-get problems, gimp problems, and pulseaudio problems were all caused by the Spanish locale.
Changing to an English locale will make Pi-Apps work, but I very much doubt it would make any difference for the Pi Camera....

Ok, thank you for everything you have done. The other pi apps that i have tried worked perfect! I used spanish locale set up because we are in Argentina. We need to use some menus in spanish because its for local students of bilingual schools (english and spanish)

I will try some of the workarounds you suggested for pi camera. I will try to contact ptitSeb about box86 and camera module v2. Do you know someone in Rpi fundation working on camera v2 software that I can contact.about this issue ? Thanks!

ge_ko

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Hello,

I managed to get the raspberry pi HQ camera working with v4l2loopback.
After installing and activating the v4l2loopback module I got an additional device in the zoom client "Dummy video device (0x0000)" which I can select. If I copy the video stream from /dev/video0 to /dev/video1

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 -vcodec copy -f v4l2 /dev/video1
I can see the camera picture in the zoom client. The frame rate is very low (this is what I see in the terminal running the copy job):

frame=    5 fps=3.3 q=-1.0 size=N/A time=00:00:01.42 bitrate=N/A speed=0.937x
So I assume the low frame rate is not a zoom issue, but an issue with my ffmpeg command.

geko

vgheo

Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the great effort to make zoom on RPi available to a wide community. There's obviously a big interest into this, and it's a pity that zoom are not interested in this.

I've tried the Pi-Apps/box86 approach and here are my preliminary results.

Test setup is
- Rasberry Pi 4 rev2
- Raspberry OS 10 with latest updates (@2020-01-24)
- Pi-apps commit 1eb1e5c (https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps)
- usb webcam Logitech C615 (connected to USB-3 port)
- audio to HDMI (TV)
- personal Zoom room with 3 participants.

1/ Application is not usable due to low FPS video rate and constant audio interruptions.
Maybe there are specific configurations that should be done before ?
I've noticed in various related posts :
- increasing GPU RAM,
- tweaks on audio interrupts,
- tweaks on pulseaudio config
Also - is it possible to change the Zoom video resolution ?
( I have only run on defaults - not aware if can be changed)

2/ After installing Zoom from P-apps, audio stopped working from Chromium. (eg play youtube).
Actually, some sound can be heared, but it's some cracks vaguely resembling the actual audio.
Uninstalling pulseaudio and reboot fixes this.
Maybe there's a reason why pulseaudio is not installed by default.

3/ (unrelated to zoom) Google Meet in Chromium works flawlessly, even on 720p video

Cheers

Botspot

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:59 pm

vgheo wrote:
Thanks for the great effort to make zoom on RPi available to a wide community. There's obviously a big interest into this, and it's a pity that zoom are not interested in this.
Thank you and I completely agree. The Zoom company does not seem the slightest bit interested in helping us out.
vgheo wrote:
I've tried the Pi-Apps/box86 approach and here are my preliminary results.

Test setup is
- Rasberry Pi 4 rev2
- Raspberry OS 10 with latest updates (@2020-01-24)
- Pi-apps commit 1eb1e5c (https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps)
- usb webcam Logitech C615 (connected to USB-3 port)
- audio to HDMI (TV)
- personal Zoom room with 3 participants.

1/ Application is not usable due to low FPS video rate and constant audio interruptions.
Maybe there are specific configurations that should be done before ?
I've noticed in various related posts :
- increasing GPU RAM,
- tweaks on audio interrupts,
- tweaks on pulseaudio config
Also - is it possible to change the Zoom video resolution ?
( I have only run on defaults - not aware if can be changed)
This is entirely out of my control, and mostly out of Zoom's control too.
Some webcams will support the necessary zoom-compatible codecs to send a native video stream, while other webcams will require local codec translation - a very taxing job for any computer, especially a RPi which is already struggling to display other people's incoming video.
Solutions:
  • Use a different webcam
  • Turn off the camera
vgheo wrote:
2/ After installing Zoom from Pi-apps, audio stopped working from Chromium. (eg play youtube).
Actually, some sound can be heared, but it's some cracks vaguely resembling the actual audio.
Uninstalling pulseaudio and reboot fixes this.
Maybe there's a reason why pulseaudio is not installed by default.
Yes, there is a big reason why pulseaudio isn't installed by default on Raspberry Pi OS: it breaks things like Chromium or Sonic Pi.
Unfortunately, Zoom requires pulseaudio! So at the same time, pulseaudio is required for Zoom but forbidden on Chromium.

Solution: install pulseaudio but disable its autostarting capabilities. The Zoom script should have done this.
When you launch Zoom, pulseaudio is started. When you exit Zoom, pulseaudio should be killed.

In your case, it sounds like something did not work right. Please reinstall Zoom, then reboot your Pi, then run this command: (and report the output)

pulseaudio --kill
Over 50,000 users!

Pi-master6000

Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:21 pm

heml me plz, whenever i try to install anything using pi apps, i get this popup windows from the terminal: failed to execute child process "cd" (no such file or directory), does anybody have a fix? ive tried running pi apps as root too

thatchunkylad198966

Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Can be used with Ubuntu 20.04/20.10?

blintze

Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:37 pm

When I run the command "/home/pi/pi-apps/install", I get a "USER DECLINED" message. Are there any permissions I need to set? I tried running it out of the /home/pi directeory, and also the /home/pi/pi-apps directory

Botspot

Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:07 am

blintze wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:37 pm
When I run the command "/home/pi/pi-apps/install", I get a "USER DECLINED" message. Are there any permissions I need to set? I tried running it out of the /home/pi directeory, and also the /home/pi/pi-apps directory
This sounds like it's related to zenity. Zenity is supposed to be installed by default, but just to make sure, please try running this in a terminal:

sudo apt install zenity
Edit: Were you running the install script in the console? That would cause this problem too. (as the $DISPLAY variable is not set)
Over 50,000 users!

digger72

Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:04 pm

This is interesting really. Has anyone tried using a USB Camera with Zoom App.

Botspot

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:03 pm

digger72 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:04 pm
This is interesting really. Has anyone tried using a USB Camera with Zoom App.
Yes, most of us do use a USB webcam with this Zoom solution. If you want to use the RPi camera, it involves setting up a v4loopback device. Not hard to do, but it's an extra step.
Over 50,000 users!

Xolarwind

Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:32 pm

I restarted from scratch with zoom over box86. In 2 separately installed new raspbian official OS rpi4 boards 8gb with pimoroni fan shim, overclocked arm freq 2000, overvoltage 6, gpu freq 620, working perfectly with power supply 5v 4.8 A, hdmi samsung monitor 24 inch curve, and trying with different audio outputs (hdmi, analog jack with active speakers, standard headphones, usb audio headset from logitech H570e zoom compatible, all working perfectly in chromium, youtube, audacity, etc). Using logitech usb camera c920 with mic 1080p 30 fps / 720p 60 fps zoom compatible and working perfectly. Previously i tried rpi4 camera module V2 with V4L2 loopback but the real terrible lag makes zoom desktop from pi apps over box86 or zoom web without box86 barely unusable so i gave up with camera module v2 setup. But with the different audio outputs as described above and c920 usb logitech camera... working out of the box in rpi4b....... I tried zoom from pi apps (installed ok) and then zoom from pikiss (installed also ok) both overwriting box 86 with the new version. And the result is UNUSABLE. It is not work for a normal use. Every time the USB camera works... with heavy lag from video reception, the audio output for hdmi works...but mic from the camera does not work, ending zoom call and resetting zoom mic and audio output on zoom setup gives you then mic working cropping audio all the time and audio output not working...the problem with pulse audio is still there. in every config i tried.. with zoom desktop (from pikiss or piappps) does not work. When you can use mic ... you cannot hear audio output from other participants and viceversa....and video lag gave zoom impossible to normal use. In zoom web without box 86...audio barely works, mic output crops a lot and video lagging is worse... so.. you cant use zoom for normal classes ...(until zoom decides to make a native app for armv7 some day... i hope). From now.. only google meet works perfectly. It s a pitty the lot of effort from botspot, ptitseb, novaspirit, pikiss developers, i am really gratefull for their effort and they really did hard work trying to solve the problems...but without zoom developers intervention.... and a native app ...probably zoom app will never work on rpi4b. Thank you very much to everybody that helps trying to bring zoom usable (an important education tool used by most schools and teachers for digital schooling) in low income countries like mine greatly affected with pandemia... where rpi4b as zoom desktop pc could be the only affordable opportunity to access digital clases and make homework with the covid19 pandemia situation. I think the only solution for now is to convince schools to change to google meet if we want to use rpi4b as a computer to assist digital classes and make homeworks over digital plattforms or ...if not....use a phone for zoom classes....but we cannot share screens of homeworks, etc... and use rpi4b to do homework later. Best regards. Xolarwind

ThiesDuke

Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:26 am

Unable to install zoom on a new raspi 4 8gb with fresh Raspberry OS. Pi-apps installation works well then zoom installation fails with
Downloading Zoom...
--2020-11-17 08:17:55-- https://zoom.us/client/latest/zoom_i686.tar.xz
Resolving zoom.us (zoom.us)... 3.235.72.190
Connecting to zoom.us (zoom.us)|3.235.72.190|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302
Location: https://d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net/pr ... 686.tar.xz [following]
--2020-11-17 08:17:57-- https://d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net/pr ... 686.tar.xz
Resolving d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net (d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net)... 99.86.243.70, 99.86.243.71, 99.86.243.120, ...
Connecting to d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net (d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net)|99.86.243.70|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2020-11-17 08:17:58 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Failed to download Zoom i686!

Failed to install Zoom with install script!

Apparently I get access denied from the installation source. Is this only me?

suman_alla

Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:40 pm

i am getting the below error when i try to install zoom from pi apps.

do i need to install any public key?

--2020-11-17 20:05:39-- https://zoom.us/client/latest/zoom_i686.tar.xz
Resolving zoom.us (zoom.us)... 52.202.62.233
Connecting to zoom.us (zoom.us)|52.202.62.233|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302
Location: https://d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net/pr ... 686.tar.xz [following]
--2020-11-17 20:05:41-- https://d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net/pr ... 686.tar.xz
Resolving d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net (d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net)... 13.32.33.21, 13.32.33.41, 13.32.33.113, ...
Connecting to d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net (d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net)|13.32.33.21|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2020-11-17 20:05:42 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

-Suman.

Botspot

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:37 pm

ThiesDuke wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:26 am
Apparently I get access denied from the installation source. Is this only me?
No, you're not the only one. Someone else posted a bug report about it on my Github page.

It looks like Zoom's download link is down! (Maybe because so many Pi-Apps users were downloading from there, the server thought it was a DDoS attack)
Over 50,000 users!

thatchunkylad198966

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 pm

thatchunkylad198966 wrote:
Please answer.

Botspot

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 pm
Please answer.
Sorry for not answering earlier. :oops:
Box86 will only run on armhf/arm32/armv7l OS'es. So if your Ubuntu is 32bit arm, then in theory, it will work. Report back to me how it goes, and if there's a problem, I can try to fix it for you.
Over 50,000 users!

Return to “General discussion”