I would like to ask for your help!!
I want to learn more about robotics and want to build a robot using Raspberry pi. Since I am a beginner in this area, I don't really know where to start, e.g I don't know if I should buy a starter kit or all the robot parts separately.
I am from Germany.
The robot needs to have:
- Communication with the computer (sending frames/video stream, performing machine learning tasks such as object recognition, the robot should be able to drive by itself and to be controlled from the computer)
- I do not need drag and drop visual programming interfaces or existing apps for motion control. I want to program this by myself!!!! (I am a computer science student and experienced in programming).
- Sensors(such as line following, avoiding obstacles)
- Suitable for outdoor and indoor use
- Should be able to use Wifi and exchange data with my computer
A general idea of my project:
I would like to program the robot completely by myself:
Since I want to dive into this topic, I want to program the robot's moving with collision avoidance and stuff like this. I also want the robot to react to input, such as controlling its movement from my computer.
(but if you guys think it's too difficult for a beginner, I am fine with just the robot driving by itself or just controlling it from my computer)
- Machine learning:
I want to perform simple machine learning tasks, such as object/face recognition. That means the robot should be able to stream its surroundings on my computer with the objects/faces it could recognize.
Is it possible to load a pre-trained model on Raspberry Pi (it can be pretty big)? Would it be fast enough to provide results?
I've seen that many Raspberry starter kits provide interfaces for visual programming and even apps to control the robot. I don't need that, I want to do this stuff by myself.
Would it be possible to buy such a robot kit and like to load my code on raspberry pi and do all this communication stuff by myself without those helping apps? Or should I buy all the parts for such a robot separately? If yes, what exactly do I need to buy to build a robot like this?
Here's an example of a kit that I found on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/SunFounder-Raspb ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
It has this drag and drop interface and motion control app. Maybe if someone once bought this kit, is it possible to ignore this drag and drop stuff and load your own code?
I'm sorry for my bad English!
Have a great day and thank you very much in advance!