location 1 : after a quick set up of vnc, remote connection via the viao on my lap, so in the lounge hanging near the tv.. or in the garage hanging off a network hub
location 2 : in my yet to be built man lair/cave plugged into a monitor, probably just flapping around hanging off of its connectors for the most part flanked by my main desktop, and another laptop i use solely for recording guitar and tinkering with music on (and the viao i'm typing on now – my main email/itunes and blu-ray source for the man lair)
used to do :
- the c/c++ opengl dev project i'm looking forwards to doing
- xbmc of course
- emulation. i have a usb hid device that allows an arcade style controller i had on my original xbox (which would still run a build of the discontinued original xbmc if i plugged it in) also have one that works with a ps1 controller and another for xbox360 wireless ones.. many options! some mame, pc engine (i love r-type) and amiga for sure
- having a general tinker with the platform/s on various cards without fear of trashing the OS for good.. (i'll snag good clutch of cards)
- cool software the community produces
- make that hardware addons too – if someone starts selling a must thing have then i'm in
- if a cool case comes out from the community i'll get one.
i have a spare hub and some usb hdd's kicking about, and i have also purchased a few cheap ps2 to usb hid convertors as i dont have a USB keyboard kicking about and only a couple usb mice. ultimately i might connect the pi via a vnc especially if virtualgl works.
also synergy once i've got a direct vga solution to run it on my other monitor, or if i replace that one, or permanently steal a tv from the main house.
further pi's.. possibly one with a wifi usb dongle in upstairs to xbmc more will depend upon what uses i identify – if addons, new revisions or new uses appear its an excuse to buy more!
Pi Status > Farnell, Arrived 24/5- RS, Arrived 1/6