hippy

"Reboot required" notification needed

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:19 pm

When 'apt update/upgrade/full-upgrade' updates the kernel, if a reboot is not applied, the existing system can be left in a state where some things no longer work as expected, no longer work as they did before.

The problem is, because there is no notification or indication that a reboot is required, a reboot may not be undertaken and the system continues to persist in this 'silently damaged' state.

A lot of time and effort can consequently be wasted in figuring that out.

Please can we have a notification that reboot is required when the kernel has been updated.

pidd

Re: "Reboot required" notification needed

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:03 pm

If a reboot is required it always notifies you.

You can also check /var/run/ for the reboot file

Heater

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:11 pm

I'd be interested to hear what you have seen break after an upgrade but before a reboot?

I don't recall seeing that in two decades of using Debian.

I have seen the opposite though, one does an upgrade and everything works fine. Sometime later one does a reboot and disaster strikes!

All my Pi run headless. Where would the notification go?
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

trejan

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:14 pm

Heater wrote:
I'd be interested to hear what you have seen break after an upgrade but before a reboot?
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=281898

rpdom

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:18 pm

pidd wrote:

You can also check /var/run/ for the reboot file
I haven't seen any notifications when running upgrades on RaspiOS. Nor does that /var/run/reboot file appear.

One way to check if one is needed due to a kernel update is

Code: Select all

[ -d /lib/modules/$(uname -r) ] || echo "Reboot required"
on the command line.
Unreadable squiggle

W. H. Heydt

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:38 pm

rpdom wrote:
I haven't seen any notifications when running upgrades on RaspiOS. Nor does that /var/run/reboot file appear.
It tends to be buried in with all the other messages produced by apt (full-)upgrade. If you aren't watching closely, it scrolls by very quietly.

pidd

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Reading that other thread reminds me of something that happened to me a few days ago.

Fresh install
Booted.
Did some setups in raspi-config which didn't ask me to reboot.
Did update/upgrade
Everything fell apart, many electrons of error messages.

One of the settings I had done in raspi-config had needed a reboot prior to the update. I know some settings make raspi-config ask(force?) for a reboot but whichever I had performed, didn't.

trejan

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:58 pm

pidd wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm
Reading that other thread reminds me of something that happened to me a few days ago.

Fresh install
Booted.
Did some setups in raspi-config which didn't ask me to reboot.
Did update/upgrade
Everything fell apart, many electrons of error messages.

One of the settings I had done in raspi-config had needed a reboot prior to the update. I know some settings make raspi-config ask(force?) for a reboot but whichever I had performed, didn't.
Nothing in raspi-config that asks you to reboot should cause any dire errors to appear if you don't immediately reboot.

buja

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm

rpdom wrote:

on the command line.
A reboot warning seems a very helpful feature to me. On Linux Mint (on a x86 system) the Update Manager warns me to reboot after a kernel update. I have never experienced any problems after a kernel upgrade before a reboot, but that may be just dumb luck. I have experienced problems with Firefox after upgrades without restarting it.

I just updated & upgraded a rarely used Pi and I am happy to report that rpdom's very mysterious command tells me a reboot is required, so that's what I will do after the upgrade has finished.

hippy

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:07 pm

pidd wrote:
I don't recall any when I upgraded to 5.4 nor in the past.
Heater wrote:
Missing /dev/ttyUSB* devices as already linked to.

I recently encountered it when I came to do a "make" which had worked before an upgrade, then failed after, because the kernel headers were mismatched to the running kernel. Luckily I was astute enough to figure out what the problem was and that rebooting was the fix.

I have also encountered it in the past, and recall other posters having issues due to such a mismatch, but can't recall the specific details.
Heater wrote:
Perhaps it is an issue specific to Raspberry Pi OS or Raspbian ?
Heater wrote:
All my Pi run headless. Where would the notification go?
To whichever console you are initiating your upgrade from I would presume.
rpdom wrote:

It's a PITA to remember to do that, or run a shell script, after every update, just on the off-chance.

I'm also not convinced it is infallible. It seems to rely on old /lib/module directories being removed in an upgrade but that's not guaranteed -

pi@Pi3B:~ $ ls -l /lib/modules
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct  1  2019 4.19.66-v7+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 24 09:36 5.4.51+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug  1 15:41 5.4.51-v7+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 24 09:36 5.4.51-v7l+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 24 09:36 5.4.51-v8+

trejan

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:11 pm

hippy wrote:
Heater wrote:
Perhaps it is an issue specific to Raspberry Pi OS or Raspbian ?
PC installs usually keep a few versions so you can go back by selecting it from the GRUB menu.
hippy wrote:
I'm also not convinced it is infallible. It seems to rely on old /lib/module directories being removed in an upgrade but that's not guaranteed -
It breaks if you've ran rpi-update since kernel modules installed by rpi-update won't get removed automatically. apt doesn't know about those files so won't remove them and rpi-update doesn't remove them either.

jbudd

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Heater wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=281174

hippy

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:34 pm

trejan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:11 pm
hippy wrote:
It breaks if you've ran rpi-update since kernel modules installed by rpi-update won't get removed automatically. apt doesn't know about those files so won't remove them and rpi-update doesn't remove them either.
I think in my case it's because I am building and installing my own kernel modules. Some time ago on this particular Pi.

Only my .ko file is in the old directory so I guess rpdom's command line check could work with a bit of modification, checking a file / directory lower in the tree.

jahboater

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 pm

I just check the list of things to be upgraded and if any are obviously memory resident then I reboot.
That might be libc, systemd, the kernel etc
Never have a problem.
Pi4 8GB (Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit), Pi4 4GB, Pi4 2GB, Pi1 Rev 1 256MB, Pi Zero

bjtheone

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Latest updates to dbus require a reboot to install the new daemon. The update process clearly called this out.

This is yet another reason why some folks suggest running apt interactively, and reading what it tells you... :-)

I am also in the "never had a problem" camp.

GlowInTheDark

Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 pm

First of all, for anyone who is denying this is real, don't. I know I hit this once when all of a sudden Samba mounting stopped working (got weird error message about the module not being able to be loaded or something like that). Happened because I had not rebooted after a kernel upgrade.

Second, apparently (according to reports in this thread), there *IS* a message displayed somewhere in the mess of messages that is a typical "apt-get dist-upgrade" session that tells you you have to reboot. Problem is that I've never seen it and apparently, very few other people have either (including the OP of this thread). So, effectively, the message is useless (if every few people have ever seen it).

Of course, what it SHOULD do is prompt you at the end, ideally in a big, unignoreable GUI way, saying "You need to reboot - OK/Cancel". But, that would just not be the Linux way. So, I think we all just need to get in the habit, as I do, of checking the dates on the kernel files before doing a big upgrade (ls -sla /boot/kern* in a separate window), then check them again after the upgrade finishes. If they are different, then you need to reboot.

BTW, I have long thought that the real problem is that Windows prompts you to reboot all the time, at the least provocation - and it can generally be ignored. But Linux never prompts you to do so, even when it clearly should. You'd think somebody could get to a happy medium...
GitD's list of things that are not ready for prime time:
1) IPv6
2) 64 bit OSes
3) USB 3
4) Bluetooth

Loves Linux; loves to dance.

jojopi

Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 pm

There is a Debian/Raspbian package for this:

sudo apt install needrestart
Unfortunately it is not fully compatible with Raspberry Pi OS, because it wants you to be running the v8+ kernel, even if your Pi is 32 bit.

The issue of having installed modules not match the running kernel is also Pi specific. In Debian you can install multiple versions of the linux-image packages. Each version gets its own entry in the GRUB menu, so you can choose which one to boot.

Short of editing config.txt, the Pi bootloader only supports booting from a fixed file such as kernel7.img. You cannot install multiple RPF/T kernels using apt.

hippy

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:31 am

GlowInTheDark wrote:
Second, apparently (according to reports in this thread), there *IS* a message displayed somewhere in the mess of messages that is a typical "apt-get dist-upgrade" session that tells you you have to reboot. Problem is that I've never seen it and apparently, very few other people have either (including the OP of this thread).
And I'm calling that Fake News ...

pi@Pi4B-X64:~ $ uname -a
Linux Pi4B-X64 5.4.42-v8+ #1319 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 20 14:18:56 BST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

pi@Pi4B-X64:~ $ sudo apt full-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
  raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel raspberrypi-sys-mods
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 77.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 1,049 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster/main arm64 raspberrypi-kernel arm64 1.20200723-1 [73.0 MB]
Get:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster/main arm64 raspberrypi-bootloader arm64 1.20200723-1 [4,505 kB]
Get:3 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster/main arm64 raspberrypi-sys-mods arm64 20200729 [10.7 kB]
Fetched 77.5 MB in 17s (4,613 kB/s)                                          
Reading changelogs... Done
(Reading database ... 143098 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../raspberrypi-kernel_1.20200723-1_arm64.deb ...
Adding 'diversion of /boot/kernel.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel.img by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/kernel7.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel7.img by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/kernel7l.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel7l.img by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/kernel8.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel8.img by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b-rev1.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b-rev1.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-zero-w.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-zero-w.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-zero.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-zero.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-2-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-2-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bcm2711-rpi-cm4.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2711-rpi-cm4.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/COPYING.linux to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/COPYING.linux by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/README to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/README by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/act-led.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/act-led.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adau1977-adc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adau1977-adc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adau7002-simple.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adau7002-simple.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ads1015.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads1015.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ads1115.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads1115.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ads7846.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads7846.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adv7282m.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adv7282m.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adv728x-m.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adv728x-m.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/akkordion-iqdacplus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/akkordion-iqdacplus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-digione.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-digione.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-katana-dac-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-katana-dac-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-piano-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-piano-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/anyspi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/anyspi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/apds9960.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/apds9960.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/applepi-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/applepi-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/at86rf233.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/at86rf233.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-addons.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-addons.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-isolated-soundcard.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-isolated-soundcard.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-ultra.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-ultra.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-wm8731-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-wm8731-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audiosense-pi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audiosense-pi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audremap.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audremap.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/balena-fin.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/balena-fin.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/cma.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/cma.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dht11.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dht11.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dionaudio-loco-v2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dionaudio-loco-v2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dionaudio-loco.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dionaudio-loco.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/disable-bt.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/disable-bt.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/disable-wifi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/disable-wifi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dpi18.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dpi18.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dpi24.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dpi24.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/draws.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/draws.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dwc-otg.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dwc-otg.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dwc2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dwc2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/enc28j60-spi2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/enc28j60-spi2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/enc28j60.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/enc28j60.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/exc3000.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/exc3000.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/fe-pi-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/fe-pi-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/goodix.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/goodix.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/googlevoicehat-soundcard.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/googlevoicehat-soundcard.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-fan.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-fan.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-ir-tx.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-ir-tx.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-ir.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-ir.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-key.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-key.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-no-bank0-irq.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-no-bank0-irq.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-no-irq.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-no-irq.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-poweroff.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-poweroff.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-shutdown.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-shutdown.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hd44780-lcd.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hd44780-lcd.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hdmi-backlight-hwhack-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hdmi-backlight-hwhack-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-amp.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-amp.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadcpro.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadcpro.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusdsp.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusdsp.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplushd.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplushd.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-digi-pro.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-digi-pro.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-digi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-digi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/highperi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/highperi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hy28a.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hy28a.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hy28b-2017.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hy28b-2017.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hy28b.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hy28b.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i-sabre-q2m.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i-sabre-q2m.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-bcm2708.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-bcm2708.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-mux.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-mux.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-pwm-pca9685a.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-pwm-pca9685a.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-rtc-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-rtc-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-rtc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-rtc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-sensor.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-sensor.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c3.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c3.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c5.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c5.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c6.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c6.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2s-gpio28-31.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2s-gpio28-31.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ilitek251x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ilitek251x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/imx219.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/imx219.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/imx290.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/imx290.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/imx477.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/imx477.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-codec.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-codec.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-dacplus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-dacplus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/irs1125.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/irs1125.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/jedec-spi-nor.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/jedec-spi-nor.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/justboom-both.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/justboom-both.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/justboom-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/justboom-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/justboom-digi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/justboom-digi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ltc294x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ltc294x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/max98357a.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/max98357a.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mbed-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mbed-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp23017.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp23017.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp23s17.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp23s17.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp2515-can0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp2515-can0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp2515-can1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp2515-can1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp3008.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp3008.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp3202.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp3202.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp342x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp342x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/media-center.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/media-center.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/merus-amp.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/merus-amp.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/midi-uart0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/midi-uart0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/midi-uart1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/midi-uart1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/miniuart-bt.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/miniuart-bt.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mmc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mmc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mpu6050.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mpu6050.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mz61581.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mz61581.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ov5647.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ov5647.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ov7251.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ov7251.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ov9281.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ov9281.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/overlay_map.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/overlay_map.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/papirus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/papirus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pibell.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pibell.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/piglow.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/piglow.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/piscreen.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/piscreen.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/piscreen2r.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/piscreen2r.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pisound.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pisound.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft22.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft22.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft28-capacitive.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft28-capacitive.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft28-resistive.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft28-resistive.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft35-resistive.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft35-resistive.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pps-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pps-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pwm-2chan.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pwm-2chan.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pwm-ir-tx.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pwm-ir-tx.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pwm.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pwm.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/qca7000.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/qca7000.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rotary-encoder.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rotary-encoder.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-backlight.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-backlight.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-cirrus-wm5102.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-cirrus-wm5102.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-display.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-display.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-ft5406.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-ft5406.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-poe.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-poe.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-proto.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-proto.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-sense.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-sense.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-tv.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-tv.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpivid-v4l2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpivid-v4l2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rra-digidac1-wm8741-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rra-digidac1-wm8741-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is750-i2c.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is750-i2c.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is752-i2c.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is752-i2c.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is752-spi0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is752-spi0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is752-spi1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is752-spi1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sdhost.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sdhost.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sdio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sdio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sdtweak.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sdtweak.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sh1106-spi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sh1106-spi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/smi-dev.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/smi-dev.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/smi-nand.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/smi-nand.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/smi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/smi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi-gpio35-39.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi-gpio35-39.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi-gpio40-45.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi-gpio40-45.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi-rtc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi-rtc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi0-cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi0-cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi0-hw-cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi0-hw-cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi1-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi1-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi1-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi1-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi1-3cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi1-3cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi2-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi2-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi2-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi2-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi2-3cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi2-3cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi3-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi3-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi3-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi3-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi4-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi4-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi4-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi4-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi5-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi5-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi5-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi5-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi6-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi6-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi6-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi6-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ssd1306-spi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ssd1306-spi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ssd1306.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ssd1306.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ssd1351-spi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ssd1351-spi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/superaudioboard.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/superaudioboard.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sx150x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sx150x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tc358743-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tc358743-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tc358743.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tc358743.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tinylcd35.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tinylcd35.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tpm-slb9670.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tpm-slb9670.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart3.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart3.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart5.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart5.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/udrc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/udrc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/upstream-pi4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/upstream-pi4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/upstream.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/upstream.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-fkms-v3d.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-fkms-v3d.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-kms-kippah-7inch.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-kms-kippah-7inch.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d-pi4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d-pi4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vga666.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vga666.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w1-gpio-pullup.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w1-gpio-pullup.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w1-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w1-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w5500.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w5500.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/wittypi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/wittypi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Unpacking raspberrypi-kernel (1.20200723-1) over (1.20200601+arm64-1) ..
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.42+ /boot/kernel.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.42-v7+ /boot/kernel7.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.42-v7l+ /boot/kernel7l.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postrm.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.42-v8+ /boot/kernel8.img
Preparing to unpack .../raspberrypi-bootloader_1.20200723-1_arm64.deb ...
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start_cd.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_cd.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start_db.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_db.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start_x.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_x.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup_cd.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup_cd.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup_db.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup_db.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup_x.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup_x.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/bootcode.bin to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bootcode.bin by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start4.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start4cd.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4cd.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start4db.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4db.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/start4x.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4x.elf by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup4.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup4cd.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4cd.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup4db.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4db.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup4x.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4x.dat by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/LICENCE.broadcom to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/LICENCE.broadcom by rpikernelhack'
Unpacking raspberrypi-bootloader (1.20200723-1) over (1.20200601+arm64-1) ...
Preparing to unpack .../raspberrypi-sys-mods_20200729_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking raspberrypi-sys-mods (20200729) over (20200514) ...
Setting up raspberrypi-sys-mods (20200729) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-com.rules ...
Setting up raspberrypi-kernel (1.20200723-1) ...
Split to next post

hippy

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am

Removing 'diversion of /boot/kernel.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel.img by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/kernel7.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel7.img by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/kernel7l.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel7l.img by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/kernel8.img to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/kernel8.img by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b-rev1.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b-rev1.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-cm.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-zero-w.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-zero-w.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2708-rpi-zero.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2708-rpi-zero.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-2-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-2-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bcm2711-rpi-cm4.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bcm2711-rpi-cm4.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/COPYING.linux to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/COPYING.linux by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/README to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/README by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/act-led.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/act-led.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adau1977-adc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adau1977-adc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adau7002-simple.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adau7002-simple.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ads1015.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads1015.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ads1115.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads1115.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ads7846.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ads7846.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adv7282m.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adv7282m.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/adv728x-m.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/adv728x-m.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/akkordion-iqdacplus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/akkordion-iqdacplus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-digione.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-digione.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-katana-dac-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-katana-dac-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-piano-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-piano-dac-pcm512x-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/anyspi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/anyspi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/apds9960.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/apds9960.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/applepi-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/applepi-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/at86rf233.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/at86rf233.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-addons.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-addons.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-isolated-soundcard.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-isolated-soundcard.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-ultra.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-ultra.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audioinjector-wm8731-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audioinjector-wm8731-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audiosense-pi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audiosense-pi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/audremap.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/audremap.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/balena-fin.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/balena-fin.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/cma.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/cma.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dht11.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dht11.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dionaudio-loco-v2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dionaudio-loco-v2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dionaudio-loco.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dionaudio-loco.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/disable-bt.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/disable-bt.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/disable-wifi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/disable-wifi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dpi18.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dpi18.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dpi24.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dpi24.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/draws.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/draws.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dwc-otg.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dwc-otg.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/dwc2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/dwc2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/enc28j60-spi2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/enc28j60-spi2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/enc28j60.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/enc28j60.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/exc3000.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/exc3000.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/fe-pi-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/fe-pi-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/goodix.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/goodix.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/googlevoicehat-soundcard.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/googlevoicehat-soundcard.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-fan.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-fan.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-ir-tx.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-ir-tx.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-ir.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-ir.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-key.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-key.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-no-bank0-irq.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-no-bank0-irq.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-no-irq.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-no-irq.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-poweroff.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-poweroff.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/gpio-shutdown.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/gpio-shutdown.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hd44780-lcd.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hd44780-lcd.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hdmi-backlight-hwhack-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hdmi-backlight-hwhack-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-amp.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-amp.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadcpro.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusadcpro.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusdsp.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplusdsp.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-dacplushd.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-dacplushd.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-digi-pro.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-digi-pro.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hifiberry-digi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hifiberry-digi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/highperi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/highperi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hy28a.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hy28a.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hy28b-2017.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hy28b-2017.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/hy28b.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/hy28b.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i-sabre-q2m.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i-sabre-q2m.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-bcm2708.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-bcm2708.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-mux.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-mux.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-pwm-pca9685a.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-pwm-pca9685a.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-rtc-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-rtc-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-rtc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-rtc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c-sensor.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c-sensor.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c3.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c3.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c5.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c5.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2c6.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2c6.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/i2s-gpio28-31.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/i2s-gpio28-31.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ilitek251x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ilitek251x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/imx219.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/imx219.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/imx290.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/imx290.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/imx477.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/imx477.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-codec.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-codec.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-dacplus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-dacplus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/irs1125.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/irs1125.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/jedec-spi-nor.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/jedec-spi-nor.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/justboom-both.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/justboom-both.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/justboom-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/justboom-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/justboom-digi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/justboom-digi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ltc294x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ltc294x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/max98357a.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/max98357a.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mbed-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mbed-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp23017.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp23017.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp23s17.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp23s17.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp2515-can0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp2515-can0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp2515-can1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp2515-can1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp3008.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp3008.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp3202.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp3202.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mcp342x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mcp342x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/media-center.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/media-center.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/merus-amp.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/merus-amp.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/midi-uart0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/midi-uart0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/midi-uart1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/midi-uart1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/miniuart-bt.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/miniuart-bt.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mmc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mmc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mpu6050.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mpu6050.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/mz61581.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/mz61581.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ov5647.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ov5647.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ov7251.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ov7251.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ov9281.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ov9281.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/overlay_map.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/overlay_map.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/papirus.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/papirus.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pibell.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pibell.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/piglow.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/piglow.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/piscreen.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/piscreen.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/piscreen2r.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/piscreen2r.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pisound.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pisound.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft22.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft22.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft28-capacitive.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft28-capacitive.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft28-resistive.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft28-resistive.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pitft35-resistive.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pitft35-resistive.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pps-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pps-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pwm-2chan.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pwm-2chan.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pwm-ir-tx.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pwm-ir-tx.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pwm.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pwm.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/qca7000.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/qca7000.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rotary-encoder.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rotary-encoder.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-backlight.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-backlight.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-cirrus-wm5102.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-cirrus-wm5102.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-dac.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-dac.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-display.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-display.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-ft5406.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-ft5406.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-poe.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-poe.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-proto.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-proto.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-sense.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-sense.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpi-tv.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpi-tv.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rpivid-v4l2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rpivid-v4l2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/rra-digidac1-wm8741-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/rra-digidac1-wm8741-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is750-i2c.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is750-i2c.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is752-i2c.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is752-i2c.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is752-spi0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is752-spi0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sc16is752-spi1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sc16is752-spi1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sdhost.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sdhost.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sdio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sdio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sdtweak.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sdtweak.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sh1106-spi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sh1106-spi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/smi-dev.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/smi-dev.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/smi-nand.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/smi-nand.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/smi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/smi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi-gpio35-39.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi-gpio35-39.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi-gpio40-45.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi-gpio40-45.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi-rtc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi-rtc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi0-cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi0-cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi0-hw-cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi0-hw-cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi1-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi1-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi1-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi1-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi1-3cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi1-3cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi2-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi2-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi2-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi2-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi2-3cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi2-3cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi3-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi3-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi3-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi3-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi4-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi4-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi4-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi4-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi5-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi5-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi5-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi5-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi6-1cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi6-1cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/spi6-2cs.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/spi6-2cs.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ssd1306-spi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ssd1306-spi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ssd1306.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ssd1306.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/ssd1351-spi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/ssd1351-spi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/superaudioboard.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/superaudioboard.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/sx150x.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/sx150x.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tc358743-audio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tc358743-audio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tc358743.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tc358743.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tinylcd35.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tinylcd35.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/tpm-slb9670.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/tpm-slb9670.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart0.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart0.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart1.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart1.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart2.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart2.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart3.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart3.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/uart5.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/uart5.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/udrc.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/udrc.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/upstream-pi4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/upstream-pi4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/upstream.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/upstream.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-fkms-v3d.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-fkms-v3d.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-kms-kippah-7inch.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-kms-kippah-7inch.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d-pi4.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d-pi4.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vc4-kms-v3d.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/vga666.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/vga666.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w1-gpio-pullup.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w1-gpio-pullup.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w1-gpio.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w1-gpio.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w5500.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w5500.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/overlays/wittypi.dtbo to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/wittypi.dtbo by rpikernelhack'
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 5.4.51+ /boot/kernel.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.51+ /boot/kernel.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 5.4.51-v7+ /boot/kernel7.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.51-v7+ /boot/kernel7.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 5.4.51-v7l+ /boot/kernel7l.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.51-v7l+ /boot/kernel7l.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 5.4.51-v8+ /boot/kernel8.img
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 5.4.51-v8+ /boot/kernel8.img
Setting up raspberrypi-bootloader (1.20200723-1) ...
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start_cd.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_cd.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start_db.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_db.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start_x.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start_x.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup_cd.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup_cd.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup_db.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup_db.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup_x.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup_x.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/bootcode.bin to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/bootcode.bin by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start4.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start4cd.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4cd.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start4db.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4db.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/start4x.elf to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/start4x.elf by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup4.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup4cd.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4cd.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup4db.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4db.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/fixup4x.dat to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/fixup4x.dat by rpikernelhack'
Removing 'diversion of /boot/LICENCE.broadcom to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/LICENCE.broadcom by rpikernelhack'
pi@Pi4B-X64:~ $ sudo reboot

pi@Pi4B-X64:~ $ uname -a
Linux Pi4B-X64 5.4.51-v8+ #1327 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 23 11:11:34 BST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
Maybe I need to use an offical power supply :roll:

pidd

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:52 am

hippy wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 am

Well its silly of you to come on here if you aren't using a raspi-supply :twisted: ;) :lol:

Seriously, with the kernel upgrade and others I had messages to reboot/restart, whichever it is.

I also notice the dates on your directories in /lib/modules/ are all different, on both my Pi4s the dates/times are all identical from when I performed an update on 23rd July.

drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 4096 Jul 20 20:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root 4096 May 27 02:16 ..
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Jul 23 19:05 5.4.51+
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Jul 23 19:05 5.4.51-v7+
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Jul 23 19:05 5.4.51-v7l+
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Jul 23 19:05 5.4.51-v8+

hippy

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:06 am

pidd wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:52 am
I also notice the dates on your directories in /lib/modules/ are all different, on both my Pi4s the dates/times are all identical from when I performed an update on 23rd July.
I think I can explain that ...

pi@Pi3B:~ $ ls -l /lib/modules
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct  1  2019 4.19.66-v7+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 24 09:36 5.4.51+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug  1 15:41 5.4.51-v7+              <==
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 24 09:36 5.4.51-v7l+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 24 09:36 5.4.51-v8+
The '4.19.66-v7+' is from way back when, the 5.4 were all created Jul 24 Jul 20, and, because this is a Pi 3B (non-plus), I'm running '5.4.51-v7+'.

Aug 1 15:41 is when I last built and installed my soft_loop kernel module and presumably when that directory got touched and its date-time got updated ...

pi@Pi3B:~ $ ls -l /lib/modules/5.4.51-v7+
total 2280
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     33 Jul 20 07:52 build -> /usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.51-v7+
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root   4096 Jul 20 22:55 kernel
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 548814 Aug  1 15:41 modules.alias
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 572815 Aug  1 15:41 modules.alias.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  12106 Jul 20 07:51 modules.builtin
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  13108 Aug  1 15:41 modules.builtin.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  56514 Jul 20 07:51 modules.builtin.modinfo
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 189957 Aug  1 15:41 modules.dep
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 262120 Aug  1 15:41 modules.dep.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 root root    324 Aug  1 15:41 modules.devname
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  62613 Jul 23 15:31 modules.order
-rw-r--r--  1 root root    355 Aug  1 15:41 modules.softdep
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 238019 Aug  1 15:41 modules.symbols
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 292437 Aug  1 15:41 modules.symbols.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  12396 Aug  1 15:41 soft_loop.ko        <==
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  12680 Jul 27 19:35 soft_rts.ko
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  24204 Jul 24 09:47 soft_uart.ko

pi@Pi3B:~ $ ls  -l -u /lib/modules
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 19  2019 4.19.66-v7+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 20 22:54 5.4.51+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 20 22:54 5.4.51-v7+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 20 22:54 5.4.51-v7l+
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 20 22:54 5.4.51-v8+

GlowInTheDark

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:15 am

Oooh! Good one!
GitD's list of things that are not ready for prime time:
1) IPv6
2) 64 bit OSes
3) USB 3
4) Bluetooth

Loves Linux; loves to dance.

hortimech

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:35 am

GlowInTheDark wrote:
First of all, for anyone who is denying this is real, don't. I know I hit this once when all of a sudden Samba mounting stopped working (got weird error message about the module not being able to be loaded or something like that). Happened because I had not rebooted after a kernel upgrade.
Samba doesn't put anything in the kernel, so I think you meant cifs mounting stopped working :)

bleep42

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:06 am

Setting up python3-pil.imagetk:armhf (5.4.1-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up liblirc-client0:armhf (0.10.1-6.2~deb10u1) ...
Setting up libdbus-1-3:armhf (1.12.20-0+deb10u1) ...
Setting up dbus (1.12.20-0+deb10u1) ...
A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon.
Please reboot the system when convenient.
Setting up libexif12:armhf (0.6.21-5.1+deb10u4) ...
Setting up libmariadb3:armhf (1:10.3.23-0+deb10u1) ...
Setting up python3.7-minimal (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up dbus-x11 (1.12.20-0+deb10u1) ...
Setting up libbluetooth3:armhf (5.50-1.2~deb10u1+rpt2) ...
Setting up rpi-eeprom (7.9-1) ...
Setting up rpi-eeprom-images (7.9-1) ...
Setting up glib-networking-common (2.58.0-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up raspi-config (20200727) ...
Setting up libinput10:armhf (1.12.6-2+deb10u1) ...
Setting up glib-networking-services (2.58.0-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up libpython3.7-stdlib:armhf (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up libpython3.7:armhf (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up libpython3.7-dev:armhf (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up dbus-user-session (1.12.20-0+deb10u1) ...
Setting up bluez (5.50-1.2~deb10u1+rpt2) ...
Setting up piwiz (0.18) ...
Setting up glib-networking:armhf (2.58.0-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up python3.7 (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up pi-bluetooth (0.1.14) ...
Setting up python3.7-venv (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up python3.7-dev (3.7.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.62) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.31.4-3) ...
Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:armhf (2.58.3-2+deb10u2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u4+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-4) ...
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi#
I see this and similar messages all the time, as above, update from a few mins ago. "A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon."

Heater

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am

bleep42 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:06 am
I see this and similar messages all the time, as above, update from a few mins ago. "A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon."
Ha! That made me chuckle.

The request here is for notifications when something is updated that requires a reboot.

Typically notifications are passed to applications by dbus.

But this message implies dbus may not work until a reboot....
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Return to “General discussion”