Yamahanytro

Cant install items from the Pi Store

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 am

I went to download WebIoPi and Code::Blocks today and it downloads and then it says Cannot install. Im not sure whats wrong! It does the same thing on the "TheMagPi" magazine. Please help

yamahanytro.

Pankoi

Re: Cant install items from the Pi Store

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi there, Yamahanytro.

I'm sorry to hear about these problems you're experiencing when trying to install content from the Pi Store.

If you wouldn't mind, please navigate to /usr/share/indiecity/pistore/scripts and run the enablelogging.sh script. If you could then try install a couple of items and exit the Pi Store, you should be able to find two log files in /home/USERNAME/indiecity/pistore - General.log and Scripts.log.

If you could send those both to me at rwilliams@indiecity.com, I'll see if they give any further information as to what the problem might be.

Thanks very much,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

NickLanding

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm a new Pi owner/Linux user and I'm having trouble with the Pi store.
I when i got the Pi for Christmas imaged a 4GB SD card and everything came up roses. I was able to experiment and play games i downloaded from the Pi store.
however, yesterday, I imaged a 8GB SD card (with the same image file), logged into the Pi store and i'm unable to install/play several games.

when trying to install Freeciv, for example, the terminal window appears during the install process saying "E: unable to locate package icelib" "install failed"

or,

OpenTTD, for example, will install but when i click the launch button in the store the information speech bubble informs me that it "failed to launch OpenTTD process"

why would it work one day, and not the next? software updates? IndieCity account conflict? solar flares? political trends among minority berry flavored pie across the world?? help me obi-wan kanobi, you're my only hope!

Pankoi

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 am

Hi there,

I'm afraid we've identified some issues with installs not working properly for certain apps in the current version of the Pi Store. These issues have been fixed and we're looking to release an update as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com

noob

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:03 pm

i have the problem that it cant install too since i installed the new update, before that everything worked great, but now i cant install games. apps, tuttorials and media however work great

Pankoi

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am

The Pi Store update I mentioned is now available. If you have any more problems, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the affected app. If that doesn't work, please let us know. :)

~Richard Williams

noob

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm

after the newer update you mentioned, it worked well, thanks

Return to “General discussion”