Shpid0inkle

I made stupid mistake installing CastagnalT (Netflix for Kodi on a retropie build)

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:14 am

Hello all!

I'm almost finished with a super neat build for my car. My last step before I made my holy grail of a backup (I know I know) was to install Netflix for Kodi. I followed the instructions on GitHub but I screwed up on one line and accidentally installed from the Ubuntu repository (I think)

I was supposed to type "sudo pip install wheel pycryptodomex"

I accidentally typed "sudo APT install wheel pycryptodomex"

I need to uninstall the Ubuntu repository and install it from pip right?

Thanks in advance!!

hippy

Re: I made stupid mistake installing CastagnalT (Netflix for Kodi on a retropie build)

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:49 am

I prefer to use "sudo apt install" in preference to using "pip" when a package is available and haven't experienced any problems so far. YMMV but you may be absolutely fine as it is.

Shpid0inkle

Re: I made stupid mistake installing CastagnalT (Netflix for Kodi on a retropie build)

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:11 pm

I should've specified that Netflix is complaining about a missing crypto package so I don't think it plays nice with the Ubuntu repository version.

I tried "sudo apt-get remove wheel pycryptodomex" but it couldn't find it.

bjtheone

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Netflix is likely missing the DRM library (Widevine) that does not ship with the default ARM builds.

Rascas

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:24 pm

RetroPie uses Raspbian Repositories not Ubuntu's. And there is no wheel and pycryptodomex packges on that. So the command you run did nothing, your problem is something else.
I can confim that castagnalT Netflix Kodi addon works fine on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS if you follow the instructions from github correctly. It may not work on custom RetroPie Builds. You have to provide Kodi logs and the output of the commands you did to install the Netflix addon.

Return to “General discussion”