Botspot

How to compile Chromium?

Sat May 30, 2020 2:10 am

I apologize if this has been asked before.
How to compile chromium on the Raspberry Pi?
  • Preferably with the RPi graphics customizations, but not mandatory.
  • I don't care about cross-compiling.
I found surprisingly little on the subject. Specifically, only this outdated blog, which was no use.

A set of commands would be great.
A link to some good instructions will also do.
(Why? I'm trying to compile a version of chromium that has the NaCl API so we can run Zoom calls.)
Want to run Minecraft Java on your RPi? Easiest way is with Pi-Apps - just click Install.
https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Pi-Apps also includes Zoom, Visual Studio, Tor browser, Windows 10 theme, and 33 more.
Over 50,000 users!

Giga_Pi

Re: How to compile Chromium?

Sat May 30, 2020 10:29 am

Botspot wrote:
I apologize if this has been asked before.
  • Preferably with the RPi graphics customizations, but not mandatory.
  • I don't care about cross-compiling.
I found surprisingly little on the subject. Specifically, only this outdated blog, which was no use.

A link to some good instructions will also do.
(Why? I'm trying to compile a version of chromium that has the NaCl API so we can run Zoom calls.)
Nice idea. Looking around at the chromium project now.

I do have a feeling that you could compile chromium and then just install rpi-chromium-mods and it would work (just a theory, I could be very much wrong)
GNOME for Pi

A project to get the popular GNOME desktop to run on Raspberry Pi OS.

Guide here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=276512

Kendek

Re: How to compile Chromium?

Sat May 30, 2020 11:59 am

Botspot wrote:
Uncomment the deb-src line in the /etc/apt/sources.list file, and the commands:

Code: Select all

sudo -i
apt update
apt install devscripts lld clang ninja-build python-jinja2 flex yasm xvfb gperf bison nodejs valgrind x11-apps xfonts-base libglewmx-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev libva-dev libxt-dev libre2-dev libgbm-dev libxss-dev libelf-dev libvpx-dev libpci-dev libcap-dev libdrm-dev libicu-dev libffi-dev libkrb5-dev libexif-dev libflac-dev libudev-dev libopus-dev libwebp-dev libxtst-dev libjpeg-dev libxml2-dev libgtk-3-dev libxslt1-dev liblcms2-dev libpulse-dev libpam0g-dev libsnappy-dev libavutil-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libglib2.0-dev libasound2-dev libjsoncpp-dev libspeechd-dev libminizip-dev libhunspell-dev libharfbuzz-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libopenjp2-7-dev libmodpbase64-dev libnss3-dev libnspr4-dev libcups2-dev libevent-dev libjs-jquery libjs-jquery-flot libgcrypt20-dev fonts-ipafont-gothic fonts-ipafont-mincho
apt source chromium
cd chromium-*
debuild

Return to “General discussion”