The EEPROM image for the bootloader has been updated in Github. An APT update will probably be released tomorrow so long as most of the bug fixes are verified as fixed.
For convenience, I've created a Github release for an EEPROM rescue image for this https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eepr ... eleases.md so that the EEPROM image can easily be updated via the Raspberry Pi Imager custom image route.
Please try to keep the discussion relevant to USB mass storage boot or new bootloader features (SELF_UPDATE, NETCONSOLE etc) and not other firmware issues (i.e. things that happen before the rainbow splash screen) otherwise, important bug reports might get lost in the noise.
See original thread for USB mass storage boot
** Edit: Updated with DPI fix and shared the GPU firmware release binaries in the Github release **
** Edit: Point at 2020-05-28 release for corrected VLI update fix **
(No more edits, the next release gets a new thread!)
To update the firmware without using rpi-update
- Make a backup of *.elf and *.dat from the boot partition
- Unzip USB firmware release to the boot partition https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eepr ... rmware.zip
- Resolve: VL805 readback failure in the bootloader #134
- Resolve: DPI failure after HDMI diagnostics screen in beta bootloader #133
- Resolve: USB boot fails if the GPT contains no basic data or EFI partitions #130
- Resolve: Fix default BOOT_ORDER in mass storage beta #129
- Resolve: Add support for booting from a "superfloppy" disk #120
- Resolve: USB MSD timeout message - incorrect units #131
- Resolve: Recognize efi partition (0xef) as a valid boot #126
- The HDMI diagnostics screen now displays the most significant bytes of the SHA-256 of the config.txt file.