The problem may be finding the key where the # has moved to. It moved on my new laptop with a UK keyboard.
1. Power off (pull the power it won't hurt if the system is idle).
2. Create a new SDcard with plain Raspbian and boot that.
3. Set the keyboard on the new system before going a step further.
4. Mount the bad SDcard in a USB reader.
5. Set a password on the new system that doesn't include any special characters. Use numbers & letters only.
6. Copy the line from /etc/shadow for userid pi on the rescue system to /media/pi/*/etc/shadow on the bad system. Remove the line that's already there with nano. So there's just one new line with a new salted crypt for the new password.
7. Power off
8. Swap SDcards over and boot the old one
9. Login with your newly hacked password
10. Grab a beer and celebrate
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.
Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.