Vindicator

Re: If the first batch is to stimulate interest in development...

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 am

I wonder if some of those wishing to make further restrictions are newer member or older members of the people who are on here and the forums, what if the restriction was by the order of how you joined the mailing list , or if it was by join date of the forums as to where some of these elitist would fall within those parameters.

I have been waiting for many months for one of these devices and there are others who have been waiting much longer than I have, and have contributed much more than many here have contributed.

I signed on when there was less than 1000 members in the forums if I remember right and that would place me well within the first 5000 on the mailing list.

I would also say the forums were much friendlier than they have become when there was fewer members.

There also to many that are forgetting the real purpose of the device and should remember what that purpose is, for education not their projects and not for them to use to build other cheap devices that will make them money or to scalp on eBay, I hope the foundation will deny purchases to anyone they find selling them on Ebay.
If you are more worried about ,spelling, punctuation or grammar you have probably already missed the point so please just move on.

tek-monkey

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 am

pi disclaimer:

Please be aware that you might be a n00b, even if you don't know it.  This is a big boys toy, why don't you just toddle off and get an iProduct instead as they are probably more suited to your abilities.

Err, think not.  This doesn't even have a frigging case, if anybody buys one by mistake so be it but I suspect very few will.  Let me put it to you like this, the raspberry pi does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that you can't do on a PC.  So if you don't get one from the initial batch, carry on using a PC for whatever master plan you have.  If you can't do this, then maybe you are a n00b and the warning above should be included after all?

grumpyoldgit

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:42 am

Nice bright Sunday morning. Feeling at peace with the world and my fellow man. I wonder how they are getting on at Pi land. I'vebeenamemberofthisboardforlongerthanyousoiammoreentitledthenyou. Right. Same elitist bilge.  So no change then!

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 am

It's all getting a bit fraught here, so I am going to lock the thread.

There.....locked....
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

Return to “General discussion”