pygmy_giant

Re: The raspberry pi foundation has no employees?

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Is that whats meant by 'mindshare' ?

Edit: nope - its this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_share

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:56 pm

ukscone wrote:
wirelessmonk wrote:I could never head a successful charity organization without becoming an alcholic or a raving madman or , more likely, both
Oh so you've met Liz in person then :)

She was actually quite sane and didn't have much of a drinking problem a couple of years ago but that all changed now. You know those holidays she keeps claiming that she's on? they are really where she puts mattress around her room and spends a few days banging her head against them until she feels better
That's quite right. I wrap myself in strait-pyjamas every night, to control the voices that come to me in my sleep, too.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

pygmy_giant

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 pm

do they sound like us?

I hope not

We all think you do fantastic work

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 pm

liz wrote:
ukscone wrote:
wirelessmonk wrote:I could never head a successful charity organization without becoming an alcholic or a raving madman or , more likely, both
Oh so you've met Liz in person then :)

She was actually quite sane and didn't have much of a drinking problem a couple of years ago but that all changed now. You know those holidays she keeps claiming that she's on? they are really where she puts mattress around her room and spends a few days banging her head against them until she feels better
That's quite right. I wrap myself in strait-pyjamas every night, to control the voices that come to me in my sleep, too.
Probably best to leave the cat out at night. A lot of people don't realise that cats can speak, but only in to sleeping human ears to indoctrinate them to the feline cause.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

poglad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 am

malakai wrote:The foundation is not concerned with money
I would like the Foundation to be fairly concerned with money, since we are donating our money to it! Obviously if the work is done on a mainly voluntary basis then this is great because it means our donations are able to be spent elsewhere, but money is still an important matter even if profit is not the aim.

jamesh

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:26 am

poglad wrote:
malakai wrote:The foundation is not concerned with money
I would like the Foundation to be fairly concerned with money, since we are donating our money to it! Obviously if the work is done on a mainly voluntary basis then this is great because it means our donations are able to be spent elsewhere, but money is still an important matter even if profit is not the aim.
Don't worry, the FOundaiton are not worried about making money (from a purely capitalistic POV). Money is of course needed to fulfil the Foundations aims.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

malakai

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 am

Sorry that was poorly worded by myself. Of course money matters.
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

audigex

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm

RaTTuS wrote:no
as Jack lang said
"At this instant we have no employees as such. The six Trustees cannot by law benefit in any way from the Charity - its all voluntary.
We do have some people working as sub-contractors, but mainly is voluntary and spare time labour"...
jamesh wrote: Charity rules are very clear and specific about what that money can be used for, hence the trustee cannot benefit. It doesn't get frittered away on Mooncake's new cat flap.
What are the rules on Mooncake's Cat benefitting from the profits? Has Mooncake's Cat been involved with any of the development? Is it a nice cat flap? Do any other cats use Mooncake's Cat's cat flap? Is the cat flap to be used for purely education reasons?

Frankly, I find it suspicious that Mooncake's cat has not made any statement on this subject to date, leaving us guessing in the dark about the true situation regarding this supposed cat flap.

Return to “General discussion”