zalewskig

Re: RS and Allied Update #6

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 am

I just received a call that the shipment of Raspberry Pi is reached. After returning from work and pick it finally start to play :)

Bob8x

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Hello, I'm writing here hoping that someone from RS could answer me about the status of my order because my mail are unanswered...

I'm like to think that RS is closed due festivity because I've ordered the raspberry 27th december and up to now I've only received a mail of order confirmation and nothing else...

Hoping that someone could look up my situation here is my order number: 1010223251

Thank you.

bengouk

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 am

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my order, can somebody from RS help me please as I'm not getting anywhere by email?

I'm in the UK and ordered a Pi for a Christmas present in November (1010207288) and was told that I would definitely receive it before Christmas. Got an email on the 24th of December saying that the address was incorrect, which it wasn't, although I re-sent it with my mobile number. Heard nothing so sent another email to RS only to be told to wait further...

RS Components - Can you please get my order out the door please!!

A very unhappy customer.

Robbiedobbie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

I have the exact same problem. I would like to know my status too. Same date ordered, also nothing heard since. My order number is 1010223769.

Thank you in advance.

The Stick

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Now, I know this isn't the BEST place to be posting this, but it's the closest I can figure.

I've had an order through Allied Electronics (Yes, I know, not RS Components, the company who seems to be dominating this thread), initially ordered Sept 30, 2012.

I then received an email from AE Nov 26, 2012, saying that they'd received a shipment of RPi's to send out, including (from what I gathered from the email) enough Pi to fill my (1 Pi) order, and confirmation of sending was to ship by Dec 21, 2012.

Sometime after this email, we'd received a call from our credit card company, saying that they'd caught some fraud stuff and our card was cancelled. The list of services that card paid for was long, but, most importantly, the card was going to pay for the Pi.

And, sure enough, on Dec 17, 2012, we got an email from AE saying that the payment had failed, and we had until the 20th to rectify the payment info else our order was forfeit. We'd fixed it nearly immediately after we received the email, and our records indicate that payment was requested from our card on Dec 18, 2012 - however, the transaction is still pending for some dumb reason, not to mention the fact that I still haven't received the promised dispatch email yet.

It's been nearly 14 weeks since we'd ordered, and 18 days since we'd rectified the payment info. I'm starting to get a bit annoyed, especially since I'm seeing stories in this thread alone saying they'd gotten their Pi within days of ordering from other outlets.

Just what am I supposed to do to get my Pi already???

svennd

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am

I'm happy to write that I finally got my Pi; my order 101019703x probably was lost in the mail (due to no tracking number, unknown). So after some cursing, some flaming, and much more, they re-dispatched it, using DHL and I got it today. It was dispatched 3 Jan '13.

Its in a pink box, that is, a case for the pi, if you put some holes in it; If you have time to wait, (and I mean really allot of time) then RS might be a good choise for budget buyers, as the case is a free case. (just drill/cut some holes).

I wane thx [email protected] for his help in speeding up; I believe thx to him, I got my order after all!

The pi itself is 512mb, made in china, and probably due to the strong case, the pi is not damaged in any way. (security patches where unbroken).

JonnoC

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm glad for those that have received their Raspberry PI's.. but at the same time find it frustrating, as I ordered mine from RS back in September (order no 1010185xxx, and delivery in Belgium), and people who ordered in December are getting theirs.

I have had no communication from RS (apart from the order confirmation), no response on email.

To have delivery/supply problems is one thing, but to take customers money and not communicate anything for 4 MONTHS is absolutely disgraceful!!

Flou

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi,

I've ordered my Pi (and somme accessories) the 26th of december, order n° : 1010223040. The RS website said "Despatch expected within 1 week(s)".
I've sent a mail to get a status but have no answer from [email protected].
[email protected] or [email protected] : Can I have a status of my order ?

Thanks.

SebRei

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi,

I also waiting for a status message, because nobody answers on my mail...
1010196129, ordered in october 2012....
The money is already debited since october. :-(
It was a Christmas present....but now too late....
I can not understand why higher numbers are processed earlier?!

Thank you

SebRei

bloubul7

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 am

Good day,

Both my orders have been dispatched to South Africa on 12 December 12 but I still haven't received my orders. Can you please confirm what is the status of my orders:

Thanks,

Flou

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 am

Hi,

I wanted to inform the rest of you that I received an email from RS saying that it has been dispatched :
Your Raspberry Pi Order 1010223040 has been Dispatched
It's shipping to France, I'll inform you when I receive it.

Stanct

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 am

Hi Folks,

i ordered a Pi on the 27th of december at RS with the order number 10102234XX. As i was quite hurried and there was no news from RS, i canceled the order on the 4th of january. Today, the 8th, i just received a dispatching notification from RS. So i should receive the Pi soon.

I ordered another Pi from Element14 on the 4th of january and i received it yesterday, the 7th.

Maybe, my experience will help you guys finding out when your Pi will be shipped.

If someone around Paris, France is in a hurry too to get a Pi, i can sell my extra Pi with the associated bill from RS.

Best regards,

Drum34

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:46 am

Hi,

It's the same situation for me...
I did not receive my order, just an "Order Confirmation" e-mail on the 12th of november and my current account was debited in november...
Could you tell me something about my order n° 1010206163 ?

Thank you in advance,

gdw35

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 am

gdw35 wrote:
Gallium wrote:I just received my Raspberry Pi from RS Components. Oh and I live in Aussie.
When was yours shipped? I am in Australia too. Mine was shipped on December 14 and I am still waiting. I had 2 weeks holiday from December 23 and was hoping it would arrive during that time so that I could play with it on my break. Looks like that is not going to happen. :cry: Will be so annoyed it it turns up on my first day back at work.
Update...

Mine was finally delivered yesterday 26 days after notification of shipment and 57 days after placing the order. Nicely packaged and in full working order. Enjoying it already. :D

Worth noting that a mate from work ordered three from the local Element 14 site on 19 December and had them delivered to him 4 days later.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 am

I believe all outstanding RS orders should have been shipped by now, that's not to say they will have arrived...but if you have been waiting a long time, you need to get in touch with RS.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

dodoh

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 am

Hello,

It's the same thing for me...i'm from Belgium
I did not receive my order yet, just an "Order Confirmation" e-mail on the 22th of december, paid the same day via paypal and didn't get any dispatch mail since...
i also send an email to [email protected], no response yet...
Can you tell me something about my order, n° 1010221505 ?

Thanks in advance,

Dodoh.

cYbErMo

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:14 am

It was writen while ordering that the dispatch will be within a week ??

Can you tell me something if my order 1010225870 is dispatched? it's been more than a week!!!

achar

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Ordered 10 December 2012 reference 1010216561. Have yet to receive pi or notification of shipping. I'm in Australia.

Could someone in RS please look into this.

regards.

cYbErMo

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:06 pm

I believe saw tha the dispatch is within a week.
I' order for more than a week now,
Would you like to let me know if my order is shipped please 1010225870 ?

zoszos

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Got mine yesterday 9th January (case came a day earlier as forgot to order a case in the same transaction) to Australia (Melbourne). It was received by Australia Post (local Post here).

I ordered about 2 weeks before Christmas.

@Michaeljquinn are you Batboy from Knowfirst?

kevin

zoszos

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Got mine yesterday 9th January (case came a day earlier as forgot to order a case in the same transaction) to Australia (Melbourne). It was received by Australia Post (local Post here).

I ordered about 2 weeks before Christmas.

@Michaeljquinn are you Batboy from Knowfirst?

kevin

Daderushmore

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 am

Hi,

I ordered mine on the 16th of October last year....got a dispatch email on the 11th of December and still nothing...so annoyed. (live in South Africa)

AshrafE

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am

Whatever you do, DON'T BUY FROM RS. :roll:

I placed my order on the 26th September and to date have still not received anything not even a dispatch notice. When I contacted [email protected] they apologised for not sending me a dispatch notice but stated that it was shipped on the 10th December and said it would take 21 days for countries outside of Europe. They also said it was shipped via DHL mail which incidentally has no track and trace. So you will be left in the dark as to when your pi will arrive if it ever arrives.

Any South Africans looking at this forumn take heed of all the warnings posted. RS service is pathetic to say the least. They will give you the run around with some of the most lame excuses you ever came across. If I had known that Electrocomp is able to source the pi I would have bought directly from them or even from Farnell

Herewith excerpt of the last email received...

"Good Afternoon,

Good News! Your order was dispatched on Monday 10/12/12, we sent a dispatch confirmation to all orders that were to be sent out, apologies if you didn't receive one. The email stated that we are expecting shipping to take 5 working days for European countries, and 21 working days for Countries Outside of Europe. As for tracking information, we are sending via DHL Mail, which has no track and trace capability.

If you do not receive your package within this time frame please email [email protected] with your order reference and we will investigate into the location of your package. If you require a change of details I am afraid we cannot amend shipping addresses at the point of dispatch. However once delivery has been attempted and failed we will attempt to get in contact with you regarding either an updated or alternate address.

Thank you for your patience
Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team"

Nikoomba

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Alright everyone,

Today my Pi's finally arrived.
They're in good shape; everything works and I'm completely satisfied.

Thanks to the people at RS who undoubtedly worked very hard to get the thing here.

The only complaint that remains for me is that my question was never answered: What caused this massive delay?

The company's always avoided answering the question, which seems somewhat odd to me.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your hard work and I'm sure I'll enjoy this hardware quite a lot!

I hope everyone else receives theirs as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Sjors van Gelderen
From the Netherlands.

santos0250

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 pm

I just recived my Raspbeery Pi and hehe i was very happy with it!

Here is some info on my order:
Order date: 20/12/2012
Dispatched: 31/12/2012
Recieved : 11/01/2013

So its pretty good :-)

Return to “General discussion”