Kazp123

I can't run applications from the pistore without internet

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 am

Can I run applications from the pistore without internet connection because I dont have access to internet when i am connected to a screen and I ssh to the pi to download files.

Pankoi

Re: I can't run applications from the pistore without intern

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Kazp123,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using the Pi Store offline. We'll look into it. :)

Thanks very much for your patience,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

malakai

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Yes I don't have the full list of files Iridium Rising I know is multi player this one I don't think off hand will work but all the rest should be stand alone programs
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

dont_ask_me!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 am

I also could not play my games if i don't have internet, the tab of the already downloaded games is empty.

In the initialization, It run an update, and everything broke, no app, no store, no games.

Reinstalling everything from scratch now ... :(

Pankoi

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 am

If I understand correctly, there's no need to reinstall. Your tabs won't be empty if you restart Pi Store when you have regained an internet connection.

One way to access your apps and games whilst offline is to navigate to their location in the filesystem: /usr/local/bin/indiecity/InstalledApps and launch them individually from there. I'm aware that's just a temporary workaround rather than a solution, but due to the holiday season, I'm afraid it's impossible to deploy a fix before the early part of the new year.

~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

apex369

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi. Thanks very much for the Pi Store.
Could you please make or produce a app so that me and other Raspberry Pi owners can access and download the games, apps and software without the Pi being connected to the internet. I don't have internet access at home. I only I can access the internet is I go to the library or a internet cafe. I don't know if I can use my Pi with a mobile internet dongle (package). I belive many other Pi owners don't have internet access at home and I can not have a phone line added or connected to my home and I can not afford a home internet package.

Justin Evans

malakai

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Not sure how you can download apps without internet but if you download them you can

Code: Select all

cd /usr/local/bin/indiecity/InstalledApps
ls 
Then cd into the individual directories to run the games.
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

Return to “General discussion”