Leo Rest

Re: Iridium Rising

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm

rockhawk wrote:There isn't any sound right now. I'll add switching to roll instead of yaw control to the list too :-)
Thanks that's good to hear <pun> can't wait to try out roll imo a much better flight control method.

RaspberryPiLoaf

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:26 am

My version used to work but now it just says Unable to connect to Indecity server. WHATS HAPPENING!?
If there was a police division dedicated for Raspberry Pi I would be frog-marched away...

rockhawk

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 pm

It looks like there was an incompatible update to the Pi Store a couple of days ago :cry:

I've just uploaded a new version with a workaround for the problem, so please Update through the Pi Store to get it working again. The workaround means that for now everyone will have the name "IndieGamerXXXXX", even if you've registered a proper user name on the Pi Store. I've also emailed the Pi Store developer to try and get a proper fix!
Find Iridium Rising, our 3D space combat game, on the Pi Store!

DrPiD

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Sorry about this, a bug in our library :(

If you're happy running terminal commands then you can open up LXTerminal and run the following command

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install icelib
That'll update to the latest version of ICELib and correct the error on our side, we'll also release an update via the client in a couple of days for those that don't like terminal tinkering.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Community Manager - IndieCity

Bierdieb

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, the first times i tried "Iriduim Rising" used to work properly.

Im trying for weeks now, but the only message i get after reboot and staring is: Servers Full.

Is there any any error happening or are the servers really at 100% load 24/7 ?

ive tried on different days, different times, always there is the message about servers at maximum capacity.

rockhawk

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Unfortunately one of our servers locked up which is why you might have been having trouble logging on recently - and I was out in the US (for work that pays...) so I didn't get a chance to look into it until now.

Anyway, it should now be fixed so let me know if you're still having problems!
Find Iridium Rising, our 3D space combat game, on the Pi Store!

matrhint

Awesome Game!

Tue May 14, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks for making an awesome game for the Raspberry Pi. My biggest issue with this game is the lack of others who play it. My second problem is that there isn't any sound. Is this something that is normal or is it just something wrong with my setup? Thanks again for the cool game.

*oops* I just seen the post where you said there is no sound..

SageDesign

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:02 pm

I installed Iridium Rising today. 2 points:
1) There were no instructions about how to start or play the game
2) Once I read this forum, I found the start instructions, but mine will not start - it complains about my Raspberry firmware and does not like the method of running - my Pi has a WiFi connection to my PC, so it does not have a screen or keyboard. Will that ever work & if, so, how? If not, can you please specify the required hardware setup.
Thanks

toytttttt

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:05 pm

I've been playing this for a while know, but I never get any of the missions that the game says I should get. It counts down for fifteen minutes, then just resets. What am I doing wrong?
OH NO! ITS A GEEK IDEA!

daddadhad

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:48 am

For some reason when I try to launch using HTMI it just shows I picture and thats it.

Any help?
11 years of age
built my own computer at age 10
problem solver since the day I was born

Code: Select all

NUKE IN 3 2 1 BOOOOOM!!!

frobro

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:20 pm

i get it to launch then it says "connection error push esc to exit or any key to join meley" i cant get it to work from there any advice?

UK_IN_US

Strange startup error

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:55 am

Whenever I try to run Iridium Rising, I get an error back reading "Connection Failure. Press Esc to exit or any other key to return to the melee". Any ideas as to what might be causing it? I have a Model B, with what I think is the latest version of Debian installed, Minecraft, and not much else. I am using a WiPi through a powered USB hub along with a wired mouse and keyboard.

DinoBot

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Hey, I downloaded Iridium Rising from the pi store, launched it via pi store and launched it via the terminal outside x, upgraded the firmware (I guessed "sudo apt-get upgrade firmware" was that the right one?), and Iridium says it can't connect to some kind of server... I looked on pi store comments, and a lot of others seem to have the same problem, whats going on, will someone please help, I've read a lot of positive feedback about Iridium and I'd really like to play it!!!

tonymar

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi, I downloaded this today (Aug 20 14). Followed the directions for sudo update and install. Have launched it twice and get the same error: Press any button to join melee. Does not run. I appreciate that the makers have full time jobs and that this is free. Hope someone can fix this because it looks like a really cool game. Thanks, Tony

Buda

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 am

not sure about this game, looks cool but, it never connects to the server, error failed to connect press esc.... or any key to join..... nothing happens,

PiBoy825

Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:56 pm

rockhawk wrote:Hi all,

I hope people have managed to have a go at our game, Iridium Rising. We'd really like to know what you think about the game, so please reply with your comments!

Unfortunately I'm already away from home for Christmas, so I haven't been able to log in and see people in game yet, but I've been watching the stats on the servers and can see people logging in and giving it a go. One thing that might be nice to organise here is specific times to get a group of people to log on together to try the missions.

If you want to find out a bit more about the game, have a look at our website. Full instructions are on that site, or in game press "i" to bring them up.

We do plan to continue adding features to Iridium Rising in the New Year, so let us know what you'd like to see :)

Cheers,
Mike
The website isn't up! That stinks! I tried to wget the .tar.gz file for Raspbian, but it could not find the site! Also could not download from Pi Store. What's wrong, guys? I think I could help a bit.
(I would really like a slice of pi right now)

PiBoy825

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Buda wrote:not sure about this game, looks cool but, it never connects to the server, error failed to connect press esc.... or any key to join..... nothing happens,
How did you download and install? When I try the Pi Store, it gives an error. I was looking froward to playing this!
(I would really like a slice of pi right now)

Malman35

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:56 am

PiBoy825 wrote:
Buda wrote:not sure about this game, looks cool but, it never connects to the server, error failed to connect press esc.... or any key to join..... nothing happens,
How did you download and install? When I try the Pi Store, it gives an error. I was looking froward to playing this!
Yeah when I got my rpi a year ago I was really exited about playing this game. It looked soooo cool! But it said the thing about can't connect blah blah. :o Really the maker should have made a single player mode so something like that wouldn't happen. :cry:

Return to “General discussion”