CalypsoPi

Get Fadein Pro Linux on a Pi 4?

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Fadein Pro is professional screenwriting software. It is the only one available in Linux distros. I'm a Linux beginner, but wondered if Fadin could be installed on a Raspberry Pi 4? I have a Fadein license so it would be great.

I tried the command

sudo dpkg -i debfilename

but no go. Any thoughts?

Link to Fadin in files. https://www.fadeinpro.com/page.pl?content=download

GlowInTheDark

Re: Get Fadein Pro Linux on a Pi 4?

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Unless it is available in source code (unlikely), it is probably only available for x86 Linux.
GitD's list of things that are not quite ready for prime time:
1) IPv6
2) 64 bit OSes
3) USB 3

PeterO

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Rather than guessing I followed the link you posted leads to this ... (My empahis)

"Linux
Compiled binaries for Linux. Download and open either the .deb (Debian, Ubuntu, etc.) or .rpm (Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, etc.) package. There are separate packages for 32-bit (i386) and 64-bit (amd64) systems. The program will be installed to /usr/bin/fadein, with resources in /usr/share/fadein/. "

so it is only available for Intel/AMD based machines. The Pi's ARM CPU is not mentioned so you are out of luck.

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

DougieLawson

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Maybe you should write to the developers at https://www.fadeinpro.com/page.pl?content=support and ask if they would like to support a Raspberry Pi.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Return to “General discussion”