sofakng

Do I have the latest revision official POE hat? (re: L-C filter and no mezzanine)

Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:56 pm

I've just purchased the official Raspberry Pi POE Hat (from Adafruit) but I'm not sure if this is the latest revision.

I know the initial release of the POE hat had a problem and they were recalled and had a 'mezzanine with L-C filter' installed. I've purchased POE hats before and they all had the mezzanine.

However, my latest purchase doesn't have it but appears to have the L-C filter directly on-board:

Is this version a later revision (i.e. safe to use)?
Last edited by sofakng on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Do I have the latest revision official POE hat? (re: L-C filter and no mezzanine)

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:03 pm

sofakng wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:56 pm
I've just purchased the official Raspberry Pi POE Hat (from Adafruit) but I'm not sure if this is the latest revision.

I know the initial release of the POE hat had a problem and they were recalled and had a 'mezzanine with L-C filter' installed. I've purchased POE hats before and they all had the mezzanine.

However, my latest purchase doesn't have it but appears to have the L-C filter directly on-board:

Is this version a later revision (i.e. safe to use)?

Yes revision 2.0 have the mod fitted as standard:

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry ... et-poe-hat
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

sofakng

Re: Do I have the latest revision official POE hat? (re: L-C filter and no mezzanine)

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Thanks very much for the reply. I saw that page The Pi Hut but it doesn't show both sides of the POE hat.

I've also searched for "PI POE 2.0" and can't find any official articles about it.

trejan

Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:15 pm

That is the revised board with the filter integrated. The original board doesn't have the components to the right of the fan.

PeterO

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 pm

sofakng wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:09 pm
Thanks very much for the reply. I saw that page The Pi Hut but it doesn't show both sides of the POE hat.

I've also searched for "PI POE 2.0" and can't find any official articles about it.
Look at the "Notices" section towards the bottom of this page...
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/poe-hat/

HTH
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

Return to “General discussion”