Elliot28

Resistor and Capacitors damaged on raspberry pi 3 model B

Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:58 am

Hi, this is Elliot. I accidentally cleaned raspberry pi 3 model B with cloth, when i'm cleaning some of it resistors and capacitors damaged and i lost them on ground. Can anyone provide range values of resistors and capacitors(actually i lost so many, its better if i get all the components on the board).
Thank you.

Heater

Re: Resistor and Capacitors damaged on raspberry pi 3 model B

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:01 pm

I cannot take this seriously anymore.

This has got to be some weird SPAM bot thing or trolling. It has all the signs. So many times we see:

1) New forum member.

2) First and often the only ever post

3) Completely absurd situation/question.

In case I'm wrong Elliot28, my apologies.

I strongly suspect that in a situation where one has "wiped the board" and given your apparent lack of experience in electronics it would be a much better idea to simply get a new Pi. Certainly quicker and likely cheaper too.

Further:

a) I suspect that anyone with the experience of surface mount component soldering would probably choose not to do it unless they really had to.

b) Anyone who wants to gain such experience would be better of practicing on a simpler project. Perhaps with larger SMD parts.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Burngate

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:05 pm

(1) Are you sure you didn't remove anything other than resistors and capacitors?
(2) Noone here knows the values of all the components on any model other than the original Pi. The best we have is a cut-down schematic.
(3) Even knowing which values of which components, you would be unable to purchase them at a reasonable price unless you were to buy them in the hundreds or thousands - clearly you wouldn't need that many of each.

Am I going out on a limb if I suggest you buy a new a new Pi? It has all the right components in all the right places, so you could measure each, decide what you need, and purchase just those.
Or transfer the ones you need from the new Pi to the old one.
Or just use the new Pi as is (without cleaning it first)

I'd be interested to know what sort of cleaning cloth you used.
Most of my handkerchiefs have holes in them from cleaning things that don't want to be cleaned - the cotton is weaker than the solder.

jdb
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:29 pm

This is a troll post.

- Components do not "fall off" the board if you wipe it with a cloth, unless your cloth is made of sandpaper
- "please give me the values of all the components on the board" - but you only knocked some off?
- I fail to see how you could lose "all" the components on the ground, unless you were sandpapering your board over a flower bed.
Rockets are loud.
https://astro-pi.org

Return to “General discussion”