saurabhsharmaiit

Can I run Apache Airflow on Raspberry Pi 4/3?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi, I want to build projects using raspberry pi and apache airflow for workflow scheduler? I couldn't found much material on internet related to airflow on raspberry pi. It will be helpful if community can help me with this. Can I run airflow on raspberry pi. If yes, can you please share relevant resources I can follow to learn how to do this.
Thanks
Saurabh

clicky

Re: Can I run Apache Airflow on Raspberry Pi 4/3?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 pm

It should be seamless. Airflow works perfectly well on Python on Linux... Just take any material related to how to run Airflow and that's it.

saurabhsharmaiit

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:28 am

clicky wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:48 pm
It should be seamless. Airflow works perfectly well on Python on Linux... Just take any material related to how to run Airflow and that's it.
Hi @clicky, thanks for your response. May I please know that your answer is based on your experience or you know someone who has done that. I mean have you tried running airflow on Raspberry pi.
And also can you help me with the suitable RAM option for the same 1/2/4 gb, which one is suitable for running airflow.
Thank you again :)

clicky

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 am

I haven't tried it, but now you said so - I'll give it a go. I'll write later.

BTW my advice is coming from using it professionally on mac and linux docker.

saurabhsharmaiit

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:24 pm

clicky wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 am
I haven't tried it, but now you said so - I'll give it a go. I'll write later.

BTW my advice is coming from using it professionally on mac and linux docker.
Hi @clicky thanks for your response, Sure please update me on your result of this experiment. Thanks again.

clicky

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:48 pm

Yeah - it seems to be OK. I've, unfortunately, got tangled in different version (python vs airflow vs my example stuff) and didn't get scheduler to run properly, but so far all seems just fine. I'll give it a go sometime later...

But, as I said, I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't run. Also, docker machines I've run it locally (on my mac) didn't need huge amount of HD/resources - so running it at Pi is going to be just fine :)

saurabhsharmaiit

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:32 pm

clicky wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:48 pm
Yeah - it seems to be OK. I've, unfortunately, got tangled in different version (python vs airflow vs my example stuff) and didn't get scheduler to run properly, but so far all seems just fine. I'll give it a go sometime later...

But, as I said, I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't run. Also, docker machines I've run it locally (on my mac) didn't need huge amount of HD/resources - so running it at Pi is going to be just fine :)
Hi @clicky thanks for experimenting with it, I think this much info is sufficient for now for me to go forward, I will purchase 2gb RAM and will try to run airflow on it. Will update you with my results as soon as I am done with it.
Thanks again for fruitful discussion.
Saurabh

Return to “General discussion”