AdamStanislav

Raspberry Pi 4 on the Raspberry Pi 4 - Computerphile video

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Computerphile (of University of Nottingham) has made a video, with Dr Steve Bagley, about making videos with the RPi 4, and they edited most of the video on the RPi 4. It is available on their YouTube channel.

AdamStanislav

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 on the Raspberry Pi 4 - Computerphile video

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm

I should add (I only noticed it later) there also is an “extra-bits” video, in which the editor talks about his experience of editing the video in KDEnlive on the RPi 4. At the end of that video he says he was “massively impressed, massively impressed” with what it can do.

AdamStanislav

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 on the Raspberry Pi 4 - Computerphile video

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:24 pm

By the way, in the comment section of the second video (the one about how he edited the video on the Pi4), I asked the editor (my YouTube name is RustyTube in case someone wants to read the discussion), what memory size Pi4 he used. He said he was unable to edit it on a 4GB Pi4, but was able to do it on the 2 GB Pi4. He was not sure whether he was unlucky with the particular 4GB Pi4 he got or whether there is some kind of problem with the 4GB version that does not exist in the 2GB version.

I’m mentioning it here just in case there really was a design problem, so the designers might be interested in knowing about it.

Return to “General discussion”