clunkyman

Raspberry pi 4 not booting after attempting to install Windows 10 WOA

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 am

I just got a raspbery pi 4 Model B with 4GB ram. I installed the fix for the heat problem. Still booted just fine. Then, I tried to install Windows 10 WOA and now, I can't boot Raspbian or anything else. Did I mess up the UEFI settings or something? Also, how do I fix it?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspberry pi 4 not booting after attempting to install Windows 10 WOA

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:47 am

clunkyman wrote:
I just got a raspbery pi 4 Model B with 4GB ram. I installed the fix for the heat problem. Still booted just fine. Then, I tried to install Windows 10 WOA and now, I can't boot Raspbian or anything else. Did I mess up the UEFI settings or something? Also, how do I fix it?

WindowsonArm 10 is not officially supported on the Raspberry Pi SBC, and like previous iterations of Windows Arm Support Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC appears to be the platform of choice.

If you have received the Operating System from a 3rd party developer, ask them to fix issues.
Retired disgracefully.....

B.Goode

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am

clunkyman wrote:

What 'heat problem'? What fix?

What are 'the UEFI settings' that you imagine you might have messed up?

Effectively, your RPi board contains no user-modifiable non-volatile persistent memory(¶) that can radically change its configuration or behaviour.

Other than hardware damage, it is in the same state at every power on as when it left the factory.

There is a summary of all the knowledge accumulated from these forums during the past 7 years about difficulties getting an RPi to boot, see - STICKY: Is your Pi not booting? (The Boot Problems Sticky) - https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 28&t=58151

[¶]: Minor but irrelevant exceptions - there are a few bits of OTP configuration, and an RPi4 has an EEPROM containing the initial bootloader.

pica200

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:38 am

If really nothing boots anymore you can try the instructions under the recovery section here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

Return to “General discussion”