MartinC

Bitdefender Box

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 pm

I have just installed a Bitdefender Box on my network. Seems to be working, but it has flagged up all four of my Pis as vulnerable to Denial of Service attacks. Does anyone know why this might be, and what I can do about it?

B.Goode

Re: Bitdefender Box

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm

MartinC wrote:
I have just installed a Bitdefender Box on my network. Seems to be working, but it has flagged up all four of my Pis as vulnerable to Denial of Service attacks. Does anyone know why this might be, and what I can do about it?

Doesn't the commercial subscription to BitDefender entitle you to some level of support for the use of their product? https://www.bitdefender.com/box/

If you can get them to specify what they perceive the vulnerability to be then it might be possible to advise on possible mitigations.

General Raspberry Pi security advice here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... ecurity.md

To give any relevant specific advice it will be necessary to know what Operating System(s) are running, what network services have been enabled, and what your network environment/infrastructure is.

ejolson

Re: Bitdefender Box

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:34 pm

MartinC wrote:
I think it means you haven't installed or set up fail2ban on each Pi. In my opinion it is much better to simply disable tunneled ssh passwords. The Pi computers may also be replying to ARP packets, which is a good thing until a storm or flood. Do you have RealVNC enabled?

Alternatively, the warnings are designed to encourage you to purchase the paid-for version.

Return to “General discussion”