lpsw

Solved: Anyone in the US need an official Pi4 UK power supply?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm

In my haste on launch day I mistakenly ordered a UK power supply. I realized within a few minutes, and contacted the seller's support, but was told it was too late to change the order (even though it didn't ship for 4 days :roll: )
It costs more to ship it back to the UK than it's worth.
Rather than it taking room up in my office I'll donate it to someone in the US that can use it.
Last edited by lpsw on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is - Isaac Asimov

klricks

Re: Anyone in the US need an official Pi4 UK power supply?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:36 pm

lpsw wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm
In my haste on launch day I mistakenly ordered a UK power supply. I realized within a few minutes, and contacted the seller's support, but was told it was too late to change the order (even though it didn't ship for 4 days :roll: )
It costs more to ship it back to the UK than it's worth.
Rather than it taking room up in my office I'll donate it to someone in the US that can use it.
You should be able to use the UK Power Supply with a simple UK to US plug adapter. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Universal-Pl ... gLfcvD_BwE
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

lpsw

Re: Anyone in the US need an official Pi4 UK power supply?

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:42 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I considered that, but I'm rather anal (can I say that?) about reliable power. It would cost about $8 to get an adapter I would be comfy with.
Should I be so lucky to get my hands on a 4B4GB I'll buy a US version (locally :D ) for about the same price.
So the offer stands.
Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is - Isaac Asimov

lpsw

Re: Solved: Anyone in the US need an official Pi4 UK power supply?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:04 am

It found a good home.

Return to “General discussion”