devnull

User / Email not recognized

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 am

Hi;

I have forgotten my password, fortunately I am still logged on with my home computer, which is how I am able to post this message.

I have used the reset password option and I am VERY VERY sure that the userid and email address that I am supplying are correct, however it fails every time saying that it does not recognize the userid / email address.

I have checked my inbox, and confirmed that the email address used is the one that I am receiving notifications of private messages etc, but just to be sure I have also checked my profile and the email address and userid are correct, I also tried all of my other email addresses and I get the same answer every time: "The email/username information submitted could not be found"

If an admin can send me a PM then I will let them know the username and email address that is failing, that assumes that my PC does not get rebooted, in which case I will be completely locked out and unable to retrieve any PMs.

Thanks
> /dev/null 2>&1

Dweeber

Re: User / Email not recognized

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 am

Some browsers like Firefox have an option to see what your saved passwords are.

Using FF, Options->Security-> Saved Passwords and put the URL in... if it shows the username, you can click a button to show the password.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

devnull

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:30 am

Thanks, yes that worked, however I think someone needs to take a look at the password reset code and confirm that it is working.
> /dev/null 2>&1

Dweeber

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:07 am

I think the issue with the lost password on the forum is that you have to log completely out of the forum before you can use it. If you are still logged in, it won't work.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

devnull

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 am

Hi;

Thanks, yes I was not logged in whilst trying to get my password reset, it requested my user id and email and then just kept telling me that they did not exist.

This was using a PC that had never logged into the forum previously, so there definitely was not any old cookies being picked up, and I was not logged in.
> /dev/null 2>&1

Return to “General discussion”