LTolledo wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 pm
These are the ones that I am using, none failed so far
1. Samsung EVO 860 250GB
2. Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB
3. Crucial BX500 120GB
4. Sunbow X3 60GB (this is a cheapo brand, have it for about 6 months now, still ok)
While I think that most SSDs will work out of the box the real problem lies on how the SSD is connected to the RPi
with the SSD as the boot drive
the following SATA to USB3.0 adapters worked for me
1. Eluteng Black (the original Eluteng Black)[ ASM1051E/ASM1153 chipset]
2. Eluteng Blue ELT-STAU1-U3--V2-BK-SNL [ASM1053E/ASM1153 chipset]
3. Inateck UA1003 [ASM1051E/ASM1153 chipset]
4. Sabrent EC-SSHD [JMicron chipset]
5. Moyagoa JP-MY-U3-SATA-BK [ASM1051E/ASM1153 chipset]
6. Orico Clear 2.5" HDD SATA to USB3.0 Case/adapter [JMicron chipset]
with the SSD as DATA drive, most adapters and 2.5" HDD to USB3.0 case worked for me.
Did those SATA to USB 3.0 adapters above showed you 6Gb /s under lsusb ?
I have a Samsung EVO 860 and Crucial MX500 500gb & 250Gb , which are current top performers for 2.5 SSD drives. However, haven't been able to get 6Gb /s on any of them, only 3 Gb /s under raspbian buster on my Pi 4.
My current one, ELEGIANT USB 3.0 to SATA, Super Speed USB 3.0 to SATA(ASM1153) works great without any issues, but only runs at 3 Gb /s.
I am getting a new one, StarTech.com SATA to USB Cable - USB 3.0 to 2.5” SATA III , will post results here if I achieve 6 Gb /s.