RHART7989

A project I'm working on.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:04 am

So, long story short, I'm trying to integrate a touchscreen keyboard into a desk that can be used for a PC. I have a zero, a b and a B+. Would it be possible to use one of those as a touchscreen keyboard that works on a PC? And if so, would it have to be dedicated, or could I say, use the same pi to manage multiple other touch screens on the desk. (Email, calculator, phone, etc) or is it possible to have all of those things on one larger display that overlays say, 60% of the desk itself? And connects to both a phone line with an already dedicated phone number, maybe a scanner, and the keyboard? Or would each of those require a different pi and display?

Andyroo

Re: A project I'm working on.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

You could use the Zero as a USB HID device (possibly as a mouse) connected to the PC BUT (and there is always a but) the touch screen would have to interface a different way as I do not believe the USB HID support will work through a hub (I think - may be wrong here).

This could lead to the use off two Pi computers - one USB to the touch screen, data back over serial / GPIO / network to the second that is connected to the PC.

This site goes into the config of a keyboard https://www.rmedgar.com/blog/using-rpi- ... definition and does explain the control data structure.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

RHART7989

Re: A project I'm working on.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Thank you for the source material :) I will check it out when I get home and can sit down! Do you think I would need a pi for each individual task I mentioned above?

Return to “General discussion”