MangoKid

PreBuilt OpenCv and ROS Image for the Raspberry Pi 4

Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello All,

I have attached a link below that has a prebuilt image with both ROS and OpenCV prebuilt. I intend to maintain this image moving forward so if there are any issues at all please mention them here and I will be sure to address them. This image does not contain any malicous software or anything that might violate your rights to privacy.

Over the next couple months I will also be working on a robot that will pair with this image and the Pi4.

Please read the notes on the page before proceeding

https://roboteurs.com/pages/raspberry-p ... encv-image

FPSychotic

Re: PreBuilt OpenCv and ROS Image for the Raspberry Pi 4

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Im building ROS melodic right now, and I just found this post looking how to fix a compilation issue with actionlib. As I need learn and improve, Im going to try finish my installation, although n parallel as you made the effort to share this, I going to test your Image with the same stuff that I will use in the mine if I get it compile XD. I have realsense d435 and r200 if you need I test something,as I read your intention to add in the future.
just thanks thanks a lot by share. Your company and products looks awesome, I wish you the better.

FPSychotic

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:55 pm

I tested your image, first I noted wifi doesnt work.

for other side how you installed ros, I cannot install actionlib, ask me libboost1.62 and it is installed 1.67, if I install 1.62 brake another packages as rviz because OGRE library was uninstalled with libboost 1.67. did you installed desktop version with all pkgs as rviz?

FPSychotic

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 pm

I show the pkg list and actionlib and rviz are mot installed. Opencv is 4.1, bur ros is hardcoded to 3.2.0, have you both instaled? if is only instaled 4.1, can you use it with ros?

MangoKid

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Wifi does work but it is not setup to connect to anything. You have to edit the

Code: Select all

wpa_suplicant
file.

Good point about OpenCV I will see if there is a nice way to have both of them on there. CV 4 is excellent but I think it cant yet be bridged nicley to ROS.

FPSychotic

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:12 am

I got install ROS Desktop (rviz included)+ navigation+perception + robot_controll, realsense (r200) Legacy + rtabmap OpenCV 3.4.6 with contrib+opengl, GS etc.. correctly linked. If I can help you in something as check realsenses,or anything just tell me.

csanchez

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi guys,

Thank for the post. I am having trouble getting starting with my D435i on the raspberry pi. I did use the instructions provided on intel forums to install an compile the SDK for the raspberry pi but it is still not working for me. My goal is to use it for mapping purpose with rtabmap. If you can provide a copy of an image already ready with the SDK, and the other packages needed that would be very appreciated. I have the raspberry pi 3 and 4. Thank you

Stigma

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Is this similar to the Ubiquity Robotics image over at https://downloads.ubiquityrobotics.com/pi.html ?

Also it appears that after flashing the SD Card with the Roboteurs image, I cannot extend the filesystem to use the full capacity. It seems this image was created using Noobs and the raspi-config expand file systems option doesn't support NOOBS setups. So I cannot install much of anything else on the Pi due to it limiting the SD card space despite I have a 64 GB card on there.

Return to “General discussion”