An interesting comparison. As cards age they slow down due to the need for wear leveling. Strangely, it would appear that
- Only one card of each type was tested.
- The age of each card was not mentioned.
- Links are provided to Amazon but no output from commands such as hwinfo disc to verify manufacturer and batch number.
- The raw data from the benchmark runs was not provided preventing further analysis and interpretation.
- No mention of wear leveling or whether steps like filesystem trim were performed to help mitigate those effects.
While such oversights are common in the journalistic coverage of science, engineering and technology, on a positive note, a script and discussion of how to download and install the software used to perform the tests was provided at the end of the report. Moreover, even with some information about the SD cards missing, the comparison between different Pi models is quite interesting.
I wonder if the same cards would still give the same results if run through the tests a second time.