Man in a van

Re: OKdo - Anyone else not received delivery yet?

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:35 pm

RaTTuS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:20 am
I used OKDo [from uk.rs-online.com ]
my Pi4 turned up in 2 days I just used basic shipping

Same for me, ordered last Monday (late in the afternoon). The order was confirmed in the evening.
Standard shipping, postie knocked the door Thursday am.
No complaints :)

drgeoff

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36 pm

I ordered RPi4 4Gbyte and OKdo 5v 3A PSU bundle, with standard delivery, after 8 pm on Tuesday 25 June (the day after launch). An auto email arrived soon afterwards acknowledging the order and payment.

At 0920 next morning (Wednesday) a second email saying "Order complete on our side".

Before 1000 on 28th (Friday) the postman rang my doorbell and handed me a box. RPi4 and PSU inside. I paid £61.86 total. No complaints from me.

BespokeTech

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:09 pm

As I posted earlier, mine did actually arrive today so all is happy in the end. And in fairness as others have commented they did eventually reach out to me.

I understand product launches can swamp even the best re-sellers to the point that things start going wrong. And I appreciate they cannot answer everyone's emails instantly... but there are very simple mitigation's that although they don't solve the problem they do at least appease the customer by keeping them informed. I am talking simple stuff such as having an email auto response explaining the situation and that there may be a delay in answering.

I also note that both the Pi Hut and Pimoroni both display prominent messages stating that things may take a little longer than usual. Where as OKdo did/do not.

No posts to facebook or twitter announcing that they are experiencing volume processing issues, just sell sell sell!!!!

RPIgoodSBC

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:17 pm

I am waiting since Tuesday, June 25 for Pimoroni to send me the raspberry pi 4.
Yesterday (after 7 days) I sent them a message to tell me when they plan to ship and I still have not received an answer.
Of course the order is paid and with email recibed of confirmation of the payment.
I have made other orders before to Pimoroni and I have never had problems but a week to send a package is exaggerated.
They should have been foresighted with peak demand and hire more people assuming that is the problem.

I'm still waiting for an answer from Pimoroni.

Pimoroni web says...

Due to Raspberry Pi 4-related shenanigans, shipping may take a little longer than usual! Please bear with us...

OK!!! but 7 days to send a package is very much.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 3&t=244456

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 2&t=244513

After a little problem with my rpi4 shipping from Pimoroni I have already received mi new pi4B on tuesday July 9 and now I am writing this post from it.
The package from Pimoroni is very well packaged on plastic bubble and rpi4B is working fine.
I am very happy with my new rpi4B.
Last edited by RPIgoodSBC on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bunklung

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:01 pm

I ordered on Sunday and I got this odd tracking number: SAxxxxxxx. Today the package shows up in: https://watchmyparcel.com/asendia

BUT your need to search by "Shipment Reference". After that it gave me additional details such as an "Identifier" which seems trackable by USPS. It still says sitting in warehouse :(

But I just wanted to give some people more information if they get an SA number, but don't seem to be able to get any tracking information.

OAV
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi all,

We're aware there has been some challenges around order tracking and delivery over the past week. Up until yesterday this was a manual process for our customer service team, who whilst they are working as fast as they can, they haven't be able to get back to everyone straight away. We do understand this is frustrating and we have worked quickly to make this an automatic process for all orders placed from 1pm GMT on 2nd July. We appreciate this doesn't help orders made before this time, however, if you have not already heard from our customer service team regarding your tracking details, or if you have any specific questions please reach out to them on [email protected] and they will be in touch in the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Ole
OKdo Technical expert

piFidelity

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:49 pm

bunklung wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:01 pm
I ordered on Sunday and I got this odd tracking number: SAxxxxxxx. Today the package shows up in: https://watchmyparcel.com/asendia

BUT your need to search by "Shipment Reference". After that it gave me additional details such as an "Identifier" which seems trackable by USPS. It still says sitting in warehouse :(

But I just wanted to give some people more information if they get an SA number, but don't seem to be able to get any tracking information.
I ordered the 27th and received the shipped email on the 28th with the SA tracking #.

Just checked using the reference field and it shows created on 7/2 and "In Transport" as the current status.

The identifier shows on the USPS tracking as "Label Created, not yet in system".

I chose standard shipping which is 10 business days to NY/NJ in the US.

https://www.okdo.com/delivery/

I am relieved it has actually shipped and not on backorder (the 4GB model).

W. H. Heydt

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:20 pm

OAV wrote:
Hi all,

We're aware there has been some challenges around order tracking and delivery over the past week. Up until yesterday this was a manual process for our customer service team, who whilst they are working as fast as they can, they haven't be able to get back to everyone straight away. We do understand this is frustrating and we have worked quickly to make this an automatic process for all orders placed from 1pm GMT on 2nd July. We appreciate this doesn't help orders made before this time, however, if you have not already heard from our customer service team regarding your tracking details, or if you have any specific questions please reach out to them on [email protected] and they will be in touch in the next 24 hours.
Raspberry Pi Foundation...stress testing on-line ordering and processing systems since 2012. (I wonder who the RPF will break next?)

bunklung

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:09 pm

OAV wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks,

Ole
OKdo Technical expert
I would like to provide some feedback here in regards to the ordering page and tracking. You order page lists the SAxxxxxxx link. When you follow the link it does a query, ex.:
https://watchmyparcel.com/asendia?q=SAxxxxxxx

But it really should do a query for the "Shipment Reference" using he SA number. It's as if the URL needs to have a different query string so that it properly links to the information. Right now, the query does NOT work which leaves most customers scratching their head. So it seems like your IT team needs to provide a proper query string.

The German

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Well, it has been 10 days since my order and while it looks like it has shipped (not sure about that with the utterly useless tracking system they are using), it has not even made it to the U.S. :shock:

There support picked it up and I got the usual "sorry... overwhelmed... inadequate systems...wasn't picked up by shipping company....". I know that the employees try their best, but whoever was responsible for this mess should get fired on the spot. At least for me "okdo.com" is on the blacklist and I will never shop there again or even recommend them. 10 days into a 10-12 days to have it delivered and the pi not even being in the U.S. is just not excusable.

Great though that people in the U.K. seemed to have a better experience! Maybe okdo should not have frigging lied about being a U.S. company.

bunklung

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:01 pm

My tracking number is now showing up in the USPS system with updates, but it's not in the US yet.

Have you tried USPS with your LSXXX number?

Heater

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:22 pm

The German,

You know, if it's made in Wales and it has to get to the USA. If it's a new product, just launched, with a huge demand, I could well imagine it would take some time to get one to it's destination.

I fail to see how being a USA company or not makes any difference. The physics of the situation would be the same.

I'm amazed at the impatience of people complaining about this.

Anyway, there are 7 billion people on this planet. Those few in the USA will have to wait at the end of the line :)
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

B.Goode

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:48 pm

The German wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:08 pm
Maybe okdo should not have frigging lied about being a U.S. company.

Where do you perceive this 'lie' having been perpetrated?

Because if I look at their website I see:
OKdo Technology Limited, 5th Floor, 2 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG

Head Office Number (English only) 0203 109 0210
Ref: https://www.okdo.com/about-us/

trejan

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 pm

B.Goode wrote:
They're complaining about OKdo being listed as a US reseller on the RPi website *shrug*

MisterEd

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:53 pm

Update: To their credit, after reaching out to them on Facebook, somebody responded and explained that the volume of orders and inquiries is currently beyond their capacity/capabilities. They provided a "Hermes" tracking number, which when checked only was a label created, nothing was shipped (almost a week after ordering an in stock rpi-4gb). So, maybe it is a bit too harsh calling them a scam, however, their service is utterly pathetic and they should be removed from the vendor list until they got their act together.
We all need to take this as a lesson. It not uncommon for the status of an item as "shipped" to mean a label created. When the item is picked by the shipper is not always the same day. I don't count an item as shipped until it is actually picked up by the shipper.

I ordered the Raspberry Pi 4 4GB CanaKit Starter Kit on June 24th with a August 1st shipping date. The shipping date a couple of days ago was moved up to July 11th. I paid for Expedited shipping (2-3 days). July 11th is a Thursday so I might not get it before Monday July 15th. Still this assumes it is actually picked up by the shipper on July 11th. I will hope for the best but will not complain unless I have not received it by Thursday August 18th. BTW, CanaKit has said that shipments from Canada to the U.S. have no tracking.

People also need to understand how big the demand for the Raspberry Pi 4 is. I checked on my purchase last year for the Raspberry Pi 3B+. I ordered it the day after it launched. It was shipped to me by the seller the day after I ordered it.

The German

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:13 pm

When you go to raspberrypi.org and check the sellers per country, they are listed as a U.S. seller, which is clearly not the case. They may have a person working for them from here, or maybe even an office, but they clearly aren't selling or shipping from here.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ra ... 4-model-b/ - and despite having thousands of pissed off customers, they don't deem it necessary to fix that lie...
B.Goode wrote:

Because if I look at their website I see:
OKdo Technology Limited, 5th Floor, 2 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG

Head Office Number (English only) 0203 109 0210
Ref: https://www.okdo.com/about-us/

Heater

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 pm

But does it matter who is selling or shipping from where?

The source of Pi is Wales and that is where they have to come from.

If the product is new and in great demand, as it looks like the Pi 4 is, then there are no local distribution centers piled high with Pi that they could deliver to you next day.

Let's be realistic about this.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

travisfarmer

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 pm

I think "patience" is a virtue that has been lost from society, much like "Common sense". our culture seems to suffer from the need for immediate gratification. if thousands of people are all trying to buy a product, there will be a clog in the system. online shopping applications are not programed to be able to adapt to a demand that is greater than anticipated. consider the possibility that there are people suffering from the high demand on both sides of the sale.

that's my 2-cents.

~Travis
Most of my electronics/programming experience is in Arduino, but i am learning Rpi to broaden my projects capabilities.

MisterEd

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:42 am

The German wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:13 pm
When you go to raspberrypi.org and check the sellers per country, they are listed as a U.S. seller, which is clearly not the case. They may have a person working for them from here, or maybe even an office, but they clearly aren't selling or shipping from here.
OKdo does have resellers in several countries including the United States.

OKdo Resellers
https://www.okdo.com/us/okdopartners/

We’ve shed loads of awesome resellers all over the globe ready to help you buy great products where we don’t currently ship.

For example:

US & Canada
* Chicago Electronic
* Microcenter
* Canakit

United Kingdom
* The Pi Hut
* Pimoroni
* New IT

jgold

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:42 pm

If you get a tracking number starting with SAxxxxx, click on it. On the resulting page, put the tracking number in the "Shipment Reference" text box and click on "Search".

In my case it takes me to a ASENDIA screen with a transport line and additional identifer that looks like "LS#########CH". If you click on it it shows some detail but nothing useful. It just says things like "Arrival at inward office of exchange", BUT, if you paste the identifier into the USPS.com tracking field you get the details about where it is if it's made it over to the US.

Mine is still in Queens NY as of 1 hour ago.

bunklung

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

I got mine today. I live just outside of Boston MA. I ordered on the 30th, Sunday. 8 business days or 11 days in total.

marachnid

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:13 pm

I understand you've already received the item, but I wonder what shipping you picked. I ordered my 4b with premium shipping in the afternoon of a Thursday and received it Friday morning, and I'm based in the UK mainland.
I also received a tracking number on checkout page and bookmarked it so I could go back and check, but I never received a tracking number via email; so I'm glad I thought to save the checkout page :)
this is the only image i had to fit the requirements...

drgeoff

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:21 pm

MisterEd wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:42 am
We’ve shed loads of awesome resellers all over the globe ..
Two very different meanings to that depending on interpretation of "shed".

shed as in the verb meaning disposed of.

shed combined with loads to mean very many.

bunklung

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:07 pm

marachnid wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:13 pm
I understand you've already received the item, but I wonder what shipping you picked. I ordered my 4b with premium shipping in the afternoon of a Thursday and received it Friday morning, and I'm based in the UK mainland.
I also received a tracking number on checkout page and bookmarked it so I could go back and check, but I never received a tracking number via email; so I'm glad I thought to save the checkout page :)
I paid for the standard shipping.

marachnid

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 pm

trejan wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 pm
B.Goode wrote:
They're complaining about OKdo being listed as a US reseller on the RPi website *shrug*
I think perhaps its more like they're listed as a US reseller because they're a reseller that ships to the US, not one that's based in the US. Either way it does state pretty clearly on their site that they're based in the UK.
this is the only image i had to fit the requirements...

Return to “General discussion”