okenido

About locking topics

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:05 am

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 3&t=243814

This post was made and just locked instantly. I think you guys needs to have some respect for the community, at least respect the author for the time he spends writing the post.

Locking topics because they don't please someone shoudn't be allowed, basic rules.

dsyleixa123

Re: About locking topics

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 am

I agree, and I also see no reason why that post had been locked, it's not offending or spam or anything.

RaTTuS

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:13 am

most posts speculating on future products will get locked
especially if it looks like a troll post
I agree more info could of been given but I've seen a lot of posts like that this week anyway so it probably gets to the mods
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

fruitoftheloom

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 am

dsyleixa123 wrote:
I agree, and I also see no reason why that post had been locked, it's not offending or spam or anything.

Speculation posts are always locked, you will find 100s of I want a better Raspberry Pi posts over the last 7 years, it is tediously boring.
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

okenido

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:15 am

Then create a unique topic dedicated to speculation, so when closing the separate topic moderators can link it

dsyleixa123

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 am
dsyleixa123 wrote:
Speculation posts are always locked, you will find 100s of I want a better Raspberry Pi posts over the last 7 years, it is tediously boring.
let people speculate, the ones who are bored are not forced to read or reply to them, it's simply a democratic expression of one's opinion which must be allowed, not forbidden, blocked or censored.

Heater

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:23 am

I don't agree.

Since the early days of the internet there has been an expected etiquette when partaking in forums, news groups. mailing lists etc.

That expected etiquette includes reading some of whatever it is back in time and getting familiar with what has been and is being discussed.

The idea here, of course, being that noobs don't constantly keep barging in with the same ideas that have been discussed to death a thousand times already or asking the same questions over and over again.

I could well argue that turning up here only days of the launch of a new product that has taken significant time and effort to develop, and explaining how it would be much better if it had feature X, Y, Z, is disrespectful to the people at the Pi Foundation.

It's also disrespectful to the members of this forum community who have heard it all before, over and over.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:23 am

Note to posters, very few rules on this forum, but one is that the mods are always right. Another is that this forum is NOT a democracy. It's a benign dictatorship.

Post about what people want on the next version are ALWAYS locked. They always have been, and they always will be. This is because there have been HUNDREDS of them over the last 7 years, and the number of complaints about them is HUGE. Just creates too much work for the mods.

There is a post on here about technical possibilities for the Pi4A. That is being allowed, just, because it is discussing what is theoretically possible using the HW, not what people demand in a new product.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “General discussion”