stuartb

Survey Spam

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 am

Hi All,

Since completing the Pi survey on the official site and then the Farnell one I get spam addressed to me by name offering gifts if I carry out survey work. These are the only two surveys I have ever completed online. So where is the security leak? I find this slightly annoying. Anyone else seen the same thing?

Stuart

notarat

Re: Survey Spam

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 pm

+1

I'm surprised that they were able to contact me. Especially so since I was contacted at the email address I made specifically for the Pi forum here...

Someone sold me out... :evil:

MattHawkinsUK

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 pm

It's likely to be the third party system that provided the survey facility. They allow you to create "free" surveys but someone somewhere pays.
My Raspberry Pi blog and home of the BerryClip Add-on board : http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter (@RPiSpy)

stuartb

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 am

" Hi Stuart,

How would you like to gain yourself £300+ in the time it takes you to read this email? "
................................................................................................................................................
Now I've thought about this some more I'm getting really fed up. I NEVER fill in any online survey rubbish but this time as it was rPi, the foundation and Farnell I thought I'd make an exception. My big mistake.
All the brains at Cambridge and Hi-Tech-Farnell and they are mugged by some bunch of idiots at .ru.

Blast.

Wizard

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:22 am

I also get this crap I've NOT ticked any boxes with "you are allowed to send me emails".
Not acceptable.
Raspberry Pi - finally a worthy replacement for A500!!!

hop

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:30 am

I didn't get any spam emails.

clive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi all - I can only apologise for this. Firstly I want to assure you that the Foundation is not involved -- we will never pass on any of your details to thrid parties and we take issues like this very seriously.

I'm looking into it and will let you know what I find.

In the meantime, can anyone affected please PM and tell me what survey(s) you completed (including URLs if you still have them). Thanks

Return to “General discussion”