gsw

Re: Guesses at the date and time that the RPi will be available for purchase?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:09 am

According to the video on the site, the RPi will be available from the store a few weeks after January 17th, which would be maybe the first week or two of February. Does anyone have a better guess at the date and time it will become available for purchase in the store?

TPA5

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:13 am

I have been hunting around for more solid info, it seems that a couple weeks from now is the best bet so far. I signed up for the mailing list, it's my understanding that it will let subscribers know when they go on sale.

hjongste

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 am

Last week Eben said (on video) it would take "2 weeks and a bit" for the first batch to arrive in the UK. Assuming it takes the team a week to sample the boxes and test say 100 Rpi's?? (1%). That would make the Rpi's avialable for sale in the week of the 6th feb. Maybe a few days earlier, maybe a few days later. Unless there are hitches with the delivery of the first batch or the testing, that would be my guess.

DarkKnight

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 am

I very waiting R-Pi in this shop because ebay and other don't work with Russian.

Jessie

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 am

I know people want these bad (I mean I want one myself too), but people have to stop posting this question.  It is a pointless question, the R-Pi will be released the very second that it is ready there won't be any holding it back for some type of hard launch.  It's release has already slipped further than the foundation would have liked, I gaurantee no one not even Eben himself can give you a hard date yet.  The boards will come in within a couple weeks and they will pull a random sampling of them to test and make sure they are functioning, then they will be put up on the store for sale.

roelfrenkema

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:07 am

Unacceptable, we the Users demand a hard date the psychological stress on our persons and families is unbarable, people sit in front the shop screen with their finger on the button for days now. This amounts to serious User abuse!

Return to “General discussion”