Teuneman

Disappointed

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi guys. I just want to say that i am disappointed in the raspi. I got my model b v1 a couple of months ago and was really excited to have a cheap and "easy" platform to learn a bit of
linux and programming. I think the point of this was to plug it in and start learning but i was put off entirely by the usb power issue. I struggled too much with it and spent money on psu's hubs and cables.I believe there shouldn't need to be a workaround in the first place. I'm happy for everyone that has thei're pi's up and running but I've chucked mine in the bin.

excollier

Re: Disappointed

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Thus starts a stampede to Teuneman's bin.......

Ravenous

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Precisely. If you don't want it then sell it, give it away or (if you found it unreliable) send it back to the supplier.

notarat

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Can I have ur stuff?

pluggy

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Teuneman wrote:I've chucked mine in the bin.
Pity if you're in my neck of the woods' I'd have given you a few quid for it. I own 3 Pis and I don't have a USB hub to my name. I do run them headless though........
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
I must not tread on too many sacred cows......

RaTTuS

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I smell something like ....

Toll
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Teuneman

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Ravenous wrote:Precisely. If you don't want it then sell it, give it away or (if you found it unreliable) send it back to the supplier.
Sending it back to the uk will cost me the same as buying a new one.

Steven Boelens

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

I am curious why you would mention your disappointment in this forum when apparently you didn't ask questions in the forum on how to get rid of your problems. Your only messages in this forum are in this posting. If I had trouble with the RPi for months like you mentioned I would have asked advice before getting so annoyed that I would throw it away.

Too bad it didn't work for you. A pity you didn't give it away to a school or something.

Steven.

Teuneman

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Steven Boelens wrote:I am curious why you would mention your disappointment in this forum when apparently you didn't ask questions in the forum on how to get rid of your problems. Your only messages in this forum are in this posting. If I had trouble with the RPi for months like you mentioned I would have asked advice before getting so annoyed that I would throw it away.

Too bad it didn't work for you. A pity you didn't give it away to a school or something.

Steven.
My problems weren't unique. All the questions i could ask were already asked.

Point is, for a beginner to struggle with hardware issues from the get go puts one off.

PeterO

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

So why are you still reading this forum when you don't have a PI anymore ? I'm with RaTTuS...
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

MattHawkinsUK

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:08 pm

There are no power issues if you use a plain keyboard and mouse with a decent power supply.
My Raspberry Pi blog and home of the BerryClip Add-on board : http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter (@RPiSpy)

abishur

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:11 pm

First off, as a general rule for everyone, if you think someone is trolling, please do not call them a troll. Just click on the report post and a mod will check it out ;-)

For Teuneman, I too agree that there are several lamentable things in your post. Like:

1) Not posting on the forum, even if you have similar problems direct communication has no substitute.
2) Purchasing an R-pi from the UK when you don't live there. I admit that I'm not familiar with the selling options to South Africa, but I would hope that they have an option a little closer to home than UK export (Also if you received a bad product, return shipping should have been free, or at least that's how it works in the states)
3) Throwing it away instead of selling it. Even if you didn't like it, there are plenty of people (like half a million of them and growing ;-) ) who would have loved to purchase your pi from you
4) Posting on the forum only after giving up (see #1)
4b) Posting disappointment over something that has since been revised. The USB power port problem was one that was almost immediately recognized and fixed as quickly as possible (which is painstakingly slow in the world of product redesign). Of course that is of no help whatsoever to you since you purchased the old revision, but it is poor form to come around stating things need to be changed when they were changed months ago.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Joe Schmoe

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:13 pm

PeterO wrote:So why are you still reading this forum when you don't have a PI anymore ? I'm with RaTTuS...
PeterO
You do see the irony in the fact that you are still posting, don't you?

(And, of course, it goes double for this post)

(and triple for whoever responds to this post)
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

Teuneman

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Suppose you're right. Goodbye

Return to “General discussion”