Ralphxyz
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is unusable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 6:47 pm

re: wonder if the Pi would do better on ethernet vs wifi.

What?? ethernet is in the gigabit transfer range you are lucky to get a 100mbs connection with wifi.

Ralph

cspan
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:03 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is unusable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 7:07 pm

My fiber optic service is 300 mbps. [that's not the max available, that's just what we pay for].

Not sure what my "gigabit" router then does in terms of attenuating that speed.

User avatar
Botspot
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 pm
Location: Texas
Contact: Yahoo Messenger

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is unusable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 7:10 pm

I think we are getting a bit off-topic.
My doctor told me my brain is as useful as a Raspberry Pi. Is that a compliment?

Ralphxyz
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is Usable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Getting off topic is OK, I solved the problem thanks to the help from the forum the PI is now usable as a daily use computer. I don't see a method of ending the conversation.

Usually most forums allow the originator to end discussion so that off topic subjects will not
confuse someone in the future searching on the topic finding a lot of extraneous post.

User avatar
rpdom
Posts: 14992
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 am
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is Usable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Ralphxyz wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm
Getting off topic is OK, I solved the problem thanks to the help from the forum the PI is now usable as a daily use computer. I don't see a method of ending the conversation.

Usually most forums allow the originator to end discussion so that off topic subjects will not
confuse someone in the future searching on the topic finding a lot of extraneous post.
You can't end the discussion as such, but you can edit your initial post and add "[SOLVED]" to the end of the subject line.

W. H. Heydt
Posts: 10762
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA (US)

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is Usable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Ralphxyz wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm
Getting off topic is OK, I solved the problem thanks to the help from the forum the PI is now usable as a daily use computer. I don't see a method of ending the conversation.

Usually most forums allow the originator to end discussion so that off topic subjects will not
confuse someone in the future searching on the topic finding a lot of extraneous post.
You can report one of your own posts and request that the thread be locked.

cspan
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:03 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is unusable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 8:19 pm

Botspot wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:10 pm
I think we are getting a bit off-topic.
How so? The pi's benchmark speeds are quite relevant w/r/t evaluating its suitability as an everyday computer.

User avatar
rpdom
Posts: 14992
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 am
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, UK

Re: Raspberry PI3B+ is unusable as everyday computer

Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 pm

cspan wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:19 pm
Botspot wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:10 pm
I think we are getting a bit off-topic.
How so? The pi's benchmark speeds are quite relevant w/r/t evaluating its suitability as an everyday computer.
If you feel the need to discuss that, start a new topic. Something like "Pi 3B+ Benchmark Speeds", or whichever model you feel like comparing.

Return to “General discussion”