sz.bali

Change back from LCD driver

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi,

I've successfully installed this 3.5" LCD display, which uses this LCD driver: https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.

My problem is, that when I use VNC to remotely access the PI, (I assume) because of the LCD driver the resolution is too small and I can only see part of the windows and can't change resolution. Why can't I change the resolution?
Any idea how to solve the problem? Can I somehow delete the driver or revert to the original display configuration? Unfortunately I only have remote access to the PI right know. (BTW I'm using RealVNC and PI 3B+)

Thanks for the help in advance!

sconemad

Re: Change back from LCD driver

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 am

This sounds like a job for VNC Virtual mode - If you run the 'vncserver-virtual' command, it will start a new, virtual VNC desktop, which you can connect to using the details that are output by the command (which will be <IP-address>:1 for the first one).

You'll still be able to connect to your LCD display with <IP-address>:0 as before.

Bear in mind that the virtual mode desktop is slightly limited in that it can't run applications that require the GPU (e.g. Minecraft). It also doesn't support cloud connectivity at present, so you'll need to make a direct connection from the same network using the IP address or hostname (or setup port forwarding to access it from outside your network if required).

sz.bali

Re: Change back from LCD driver

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:11 pm

sconemad wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 am
This sounds like a job for VNC Virtual mode - If you run the 'vncserver-virtual' command, it will start a new, virtual VNC desktop, which you can connect to using the details that are output by the command (which will be <IP-address>:1 for the first one).

You'll still be able to connect to your LCD display with <IP-address>:0 as before.

Bear in mind that the virtual mode desktop is slightly limited in that it can't run applications that require the GPU (e.g. Minecraft). It also doesn't support cloud connectivity at present, so you'll need to make a direct connection from the same network using the IP address or hostname (or setup port forwarding to access it from outside your network if required).
Thank you, this is a good solution in case I want to keep the LCD!
Just for future reference, there is a solution for changing back to the hdmi display, it was included in the driver, I just missed it in the Readme...ooops.
I just had to run this command

Code: Select all

sudo ./LCD-hdmi

Return to “General discussion”