pipuppy

Epiphany, where are cookies stored?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know exactly where in the raspbian filing system the cookies are stored for the epiphany web-browser?

Regards,

pipuppy

DougieLawson

Re: Epiphany, where are cookies stored?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:39 pm

They're in /home/pi/.config/epiphany/cookies.sqlite
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

pipuppy

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi Dougie,

Seasons greetings and many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sadly, I did not find what I expected or I may be doing something wrong? I was looking for where and why a cookie called "hideBrowserUpdate" linked with www.youtube.com keeps returning after deletion.

It seems to be an in-built cookie which is re-written as soon as the browser loads and I was curious to discover its purpose.

A peacefull 2019

Regards,

pipuppy

fruitoftheloom

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:59 pm

pipuppy wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:52 pm
Hi Dougie,

Seasons greetings and many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sadly, I did not find what I expected or I may be doing something wrong? I was looking for where and why a cookie called "hideBrowserUpdate" linked with www.youtube.com keeps returning after deletion.

It seems to be an in-built cookie which is re-written as soon as the browser loads and I was curious to discover its purpose.

A peacefull 2019

Regards,

pipuppy

I may be wrong but I believe that setting is to stop the RPF Epiphany Browser from updating.

By the way why are you not using the supported chromium-browser in Raspbian Stretch ?
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

pipuppy

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi again Dougie and thanks for the information.

Dougie wrote:
By the way why are you not using the supported chromium-browser in Raspbian Stretch ?
Paranoia:-)
After the constant stream of revalations about Googles antics I prefer to avoid anything that has connections with Google as far as possible.
Since over 90% of what I do on-line with the pi is reading web-page text I find the less "glitzy" browsers more suited to that task. Just a personal preference.

Regards,

pipuppy

fruitoftheloom

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:34 pm

pipuppy wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:32 pm
Hi again Dougie and thanks for the information.

Dougie wrote:
Paranoia:-)
After the constant stream of revalations about Googles antics I prefer to avoid anything that has connections with Google as far as possible.
Since over 90% of what I do on-line with the pi is reading web-page text I find the less "glitzy" browsers more suited to that task. Just a personal preference.

Regards,

pipuppy

Vivaldi Browser is an up to date Web Browser, ARM 32deb:

https://vivaldi.com/download
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

n67

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Two personal opinions:

1) Vivaldi is very good (much better then Chromium), but it is based on Chrome, so if you don't like Google, it might not meet your purity standard.

2) For lightweight browsing, I still use Midori. Seems to work a lot better for me than Epiphany.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with OP's actual question, but that is par for the course.
"L'enfer, c'est les autres"

G fytc hsqr rum umpbq rm qyw rm rfc kmbq md rfgq dmpsk:

Epmu Sn!

J lnacjrw njbruh-carppnanm vxm rb mnuncrwp vh yxbcb!

Will5455

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am

Why in the cookie jar of course!(sorry couldn't resist.
I do strange things and am sometimes the techhead stereotype.
deal with it!

Return to “General discussion”