Jackr

Questionable actors

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:13 pm

It's sad to see questionable actors in between your supporters. In the funders list there are g00gl€,m1cr0$soft,$amSung and others... I thought that raspbian was a free and pure linux OS, but now I must doubt. After all, the influence of g00gl€ in the project is a fact: the browser is chr0m€.
We know that most of g00gl€ products (I guess) legally spy us.
I wonder what else these actors influenced in the raspberry and raspbian project.

mikerr

Re: Questionable actors

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 pm

There seems to be something wrong with your keyboard ...
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

Heater

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Jackr,

I presume you mean Google, Microsoft and Samsung. Further that you are some how worried about their influence on the Raspberry Pi Foundation, the various operating systems available for the Pi or applications.

If this is concern for you I have bad news for you. Microsoft and Google are among the biggest contributors to the Linux kernel. That is actual code never mind funding. I suspect Samsung is a kernel contributor as well.

Even more bad, Microsoft is a full paid up Platinum member of the Linux Foundation and board member. Which means they put in a lot of money every year and gain a lot of influence. As you perhaps know The Linux Foundation pays Linus Torvalds' salary. That's right MS pays the Linux kernel project leader !

There is nothing for it. To avoid such "Questionable actors" you will have to stop using Linux altogether. All the time, everywhere. Never mind the Pi.

jdb
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 pm

I have no idea what this thread is supposed to accomplish other than encouraging flamewars and concern trolling.
Locked.
Rockets are loud.
https://astro-pi.org

Return to “General discussion”