bgirardot

Feature request/usage suggestion for moving threads [done]

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 am

I see a lot of posts that are clearly in the wrong sub-forum, troubleshooting in general discussion, robotics questions in the raspbian sub-forum, etc.

I personally do not care in the least if someone makes that mistake, but it is kind of a bummer for the folks posting if they do not get their question/idea/tutorial/etc in front of the right audience.

On other forums I have seen the "Report this post" dialog have one of the "reasons" be, a "please move to proper forum" type reason.

Could we add that as an option?

Would the mods hate it if more people asked for threads to be moved to the right location?

Could we use the current "other category" choice and then put in the comment box the sub-forum we think the post should get moved to?

scep

Re: Feature request/usage suggestion for moving threads

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm

bgirardot wrote:I see a lot of posts that are clearly in the wrong sub-forum, troubleshooting in general discussion, robotics questions in the raspbian sub-forum, etc.

I personally do not care in the least if someone makes that mistake, but it is kind of a bummer for the folks posting if they do not get their question/idea/tutorial/etc in front of the right audience.

On other forums I have seen the "Report this post" dialog have one of the "reasons" be, a "please move to proper forum" type reason.

Could we add that as an option?
Yes. It is done.
Would the mods hate it if more people asked for threads to be moved to the right location?
No, we would love it. A tidy, more logically arranged forum is easier to manage :)

thanks for the feeback!
scep

Return to “General discussion”