asterdeve

Compiling Asterisk 1.8

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Dear,
All viewers, I need help for my newly brought Raspberry Pi 3 B+, I am new user of Raspberry I have no much idea about it, I am asterisk developer, I have portable asterisk for x86 OS, that asterisk running in any version of x86 Linux system & that asterisk I was try to run on my Raspberry Pi I am getting error cannot run binary code something like that, then I realized this error because of my Raspberry OS is 64-bits then I try to install Qumu to run x86 software in 32 bits & after I did that I am getting new error, No such a file directory, strange error. then I leave it & try to install another OS,

Like CentoS & Ubuntu

& try to compile asterisk in both but unfortunately I couldn't succeed, I try to run make command after while I am getting error, but if I try to install using apt-get command its installing successfully & running fine as well, but the issue is I need to install asterisk in specific directory which I cannot do by using apt-get & also I cannot install my exacted version of asterisk, please if anyone know how to compile asterisk in Raspberry, T.I.A

fruitoftheloom

Re: Compiling Asterisk 1.8

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:25 pm

asterdeve wrote:
Dear,
All viewers, I need help for my newly brought Raspberry Pi 3 B+, I am new user of Raspberry I have no much idea about it, I am asterisk developer, I have portable asterisk for x86 OS, that asterisk running in any version of x86 Linux system & that asterisk I was try to run on my Raspberry Pi I am getting error cannot run binary code something like that, then I realized this error because of my Raspberry OS is 64-bits then I try to install Qumu to run x86 software in 32 bits & after I did that I am getting new error, No such a file directory, strange error. then I leave it & try to install another OS,

Like CentoS & Ubuntu

& try to compile asterisk in both but unfortunately I couldn't succeed, I try to run make command after while I am getting error, but if I try to install using apt-get command its installing successfully & running fine as well, but the issue is I need to install asterisk in specific directory which I cannot do by using apt-get & also I cannot install my exacted version of asterisk, please if anyone know how to compile asterisk in Raspberry, T.I.A

http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org
Retired disgracefully.....

drgeoff

Re: Compiling Asterisk 1.8

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:18 pm

asterdeve wrote:
I have portable asterisk for x86 OS, that asterisk running in any version of x86 Linux system & that asterisk I was try to run on my Raspberry Pi I am getting error cannot run binary code something like that, then I realized this error because of my Raspberry OS is 64-bits then I try to install Qumu to run x86 software in 32 bits & after I did that I am getting new error, No such a file directory, strange error.
Wrong and wrong!

1. All RPis have ARM processors. ARM processors have a completely different instruction set from x86 processors.

2. You do not say what OS you are running on the RPi but if Raspbian that is a 32 bit OS not 64.

Return to “General discussion”