jimfriel

Rpi 0W bulk buy

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi,

On another thread jamesh said to PM him regarding bulk purchases of the Rpi0/1.3 and Rpi0W. I am interested in additional information; I'd like to get pricing, availability and delivery times for order quantities of 500, 1500, and 15k. I am an EE for a commercial vendor potentially interested in using this device within another system; the pricing will help us in early design decisions.

I'd rather continue this conversation over email, but if you need to do things over the forum, it's your info. Thanks.

Jim

HawaiianPi

Re: Rpi 0W bulk buy

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:01 am

Yea, that PM business was from before they disabled PM due to new child protection laws.

Hopefully he'll see this post. If not, you could try reporting your post so at least some mod will see it and pass it along to jamesh.

I don't know the pricing details, but I can tell you it will be more expensive than the $5/$10 retail prices, as those are "introductory" prices so that people can get at least one on the cheap. The $5/$10 price is suppose to be one-per-customer, but that's quite difficult to enforce across multiple dealers in different countries, so most dealers limit you to one per order.

The whole Pi Zero pricing situation is a mess that could (and should) have been handled better. But it is what it is, so we're stuck with it.

The important thing is, don't expect discounted pricing on bulk purchases.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

ejolson

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:32 am

jimfriel wrote:
Hi,

On another thread jamesh said to PM him regarding bulk purchases of the Rpi0/1.3 and Rpi0W. I am interested in additional information; I'd like to get pricing, availability and delivery times for order quantities of 500, 1500, and 15k. I am an EE for a commercial vendor potentially interested in using this device within another system; the pricing will help us in early design decisions.

I'd rather continue this conversation over email, but if you need to do things over the forum, it's your info. Thanks.

Jim
Personal messaging has been disabled due to liability concerns. This post from James suggests sending email to [email protected] and mark it FAO sales which seems to be the current preferred method to get in contact with sales.

W. H. Heydt

Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:35 am

HawaiianPi wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:01 am
Hopefully he'll see this post. If not, you could try reporting your post so at least some mod will see it and pass it along to jamesh.
I did that for him.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:32 am

ejolson wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:32 am
jimfriel wrote:
Hi,

Jim
Personal messaging has been disabled due to liability concerns. This post from James suggests sending email to [email protected] and mark it FAO sales which seems to be the current preferred method to get in contact with sales.
This is the correct approach.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

jimfriel

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 pm

All,

Appreciate all the help, and I'm certainly expecting a price higher than $5/unit. Funny pricing but I think I understand the idea.

Thanks for the pointer to [email protected]. Unfortunately I'm posting back here because I've received no response since an email to that address Monday AM. I'd be perfectly happy with a "we're working on it" reply but it would be nice to know that my inquiry has been received. Has anyone here dealt with RPF outside the forums? Are they responsive? I'd rather just build things myself but I've been directed to try hard to remain COTS.

I guess I'll report my own post now.

jamesh

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:38 am

All pretty busy in the office at the moment - part of the team is moving offices. In addtion, we only have a couple of people in the sales team, so they are generally pretty backlogged.

As long as you put FAO sales on the [email protected] email, it will get to them, and they will respond when they get to it.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

Return to “General discussion”