ianeck

Re: RS & Allied Update #5 (9th Nov)

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Mike,

Any need for an update #6?

http://uk.rs-online.com is currently promising dispatch 7/12/12 even for orders placed today. This has suddenly jumped 12 days sooner than it was.

Given that am I guaranteed my order placed back in September will arrive before or at worst be dispatched on this date? My order is 118 267 XXX which doesn't feature in your table but was acknowledged.

I am also guaranteed it will be the latest Rev B 512mb?

Thanks,

Ian

sdjf

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 am

@ianeck: RS staff have said a few times they are only shipping the Vers 2 512MB now, so you should be okay. There is only Model B right now, no Model A available yet.

But your order number is not a standard one for ones placed on the RS website so it will not show in the order table. They say you have to go through normal customer service channels to find out it's status, see the posts earlier in this thread by Mike@RS and Vic@RS.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Lob0426

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 am

Ordered three 512MB on 10/22/12 they shipped on 11/16/12. Should be here Monday or Tuesday (holiday weekend delayed delivery). So 3 1/2 weeks from Farnell, shipped, and they were back ordered.

A whole lot better than 14 weeks from RS!

Just thought I would get one last dig in. ;)
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

Mjsarl

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 pm

I waited 4 weeks on my RS order, which was originally due to dispatch within 5 weeks, before receiving an order update with the new schedule indicating another 3 weeks delay... all this frustration before discovering the joys of New IT who shipped my Pi the same day!

RS order was cancelled forthwith ...

Pi arrived from NewIT yesterday.

JONO25

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Mjsarl wrote:I waited 4 weeks on my RS order, which was originally due to dispatch within 5 weeks, before receiving an order update with the new schedule indicating another 3 weeks delay... all this frustration before discovering the joys of New IT who shipped my Pi the same day!

RS order was cancelled forthwith ...

Pi arrived from NewIT yesterday.

Good luck getting a refund from RS. A few posts elsewhere on the net regarding legal proceedings to recover money paid over and not refunded.

Friese111

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Whats about the timetable? Is it uptodate?

phunixx

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am

Regrettable about the lack of info customers are getting from RS...
I ordered my rpi 15/10/2012 with order number 1010194102, confirmation stated delivery within 6 weeks. (I am from Belgium)
Only due to the fact i have done some research on a few fora, i got more or less info about delivery.
They should at least update the info for customers on delivery times......

Vic@RS

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi All

Hope you had a great weekend. Yet again thanks for the posts.

@JONO25 – please PM me your order number and email address and I can look in to why you have not yet received your refund

@ianeck – thanks for the information, I am unsure why the date appeared to have changed on the website, I can only assume this was due to a glitch in the system, which has now been rectified. I can also confirm you will receive the 512MB revision 2 of the board

@Friese111 – yes the table shipping table in this thread is correct

@sdjf – thanks for the suggestion of assigning a case number to emails to enable customers to know when their email has been received. I have proposed this to our customer services team

Thanks
Vic

UglyMike

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Ordered mid-july at RS: RasPi, powered hub, case, power adapter, the lot. Payment made immediately via Paypal. Something went wrong however.... :| I can't find any confirmation email from RS, my most-used mail accounts get a blank at RS, ie they never heard of me. (i do have the payment details from Paypal of course....) The people at raspberrypi@rswww.com had a look but no feedback there either... Maybe a typo in my email adress? Who knows. Got fed up in october and ordered a RasPi at Farnell, seeing they could deliver immediately.... That was 6 weeks ago. Still no RasPi. Apparently on backorder.... :roll: Ah well, no stress, I'm a patient guy. Still, wanted to get this of my chest. Of course, I still love the RaspberryPi, the foundation and everything it stands for and the vibrant community. The suppliers? Not so much. :P I'll crawl back under my rock now....

sagar.s

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:02 pm

I got a reply from Allied in US that my order will ship by Dec 21. the order no is 250033XXXX. #Yuss.
:twisted:

cparrish60

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm

This is getting ridiculous...
"Good news! We recently received a shipment of Raspberry Pis and are working hard to get your order out the door. It should ship no later than December 21st, 2012. Once the order ships, you will receive a shipment notification at the email address provided during checkout."

Ordered July 22nd.

Icabaud

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

FYI to others who also ordered from Allied. Here is my timeline:

Ordered from Allied on July 5th after receiving an invitation to order.
Received an email on July 10th stating a 12 week delivery delay.
Received an email today (Nov 26) giving a shipping date of no later than Dec 21st.

Order # 250021xxxx

riaanhar

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Good day I have places an order in June and have not received any order yet.
My order number starts with 1010134***. According to the schedule I should have received
it already. I have e-mailed to raspberrypi@rswww.com, where I was informed they will investigate
I am still waiting for a reply.

Just want to know that my order did not disappear into thin air.

Thanks

jbanks

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

@Vic@RS

You said you would look into my order (117515156) and I was hoping for an update. RaspberryPi@rswww.com got back to me. I asked for an ETA and again wasn't given one just told to go back to RS again. If I contact RS again I will no doubt be told to contact RaspberryPi@rswww.com, I seem to be stuck in limbo.

Stef4no

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Icabaud wrote:FYI to others who also ordered from Allied. Here is my timeline:

Ordered from Allied on July 5th after receiving an invitation to order.
Received an email on July 10th stating a 12 week delivery delay.
Received an email today (Nov 26) giving a shipping date of no later than Dec 21st.

Order # 250021xxxx
Order # 101015xxxx from Allied
Date of order Sun, 08 Jul 2012

I haven't received any email confirming the expected shipping date yet.
Also, when I contacted the Allied office in Michigan last week I was told " there is no firm delivery at this time due to demand" so no indication of when they think they're going to ship it whatsoever....

kshysio

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm

riaanhar wrote:Good day I have places an order in June and have not received any order yet.
My order number starts with 1010134***. According to the schedule I should have received
it already. I have e-mailed to raspberrypi@rswww.com, where I was informed they will investigate
I am still waiting for a reply.
Just want to know that my order did not disappear into thin air.
my order is 1010150xxx they told me to wait 9 working days from receipt of the dispatch notification due to mail delays ... two more days left... and then what? wild goose chase... :/
just be blue...

Cindley

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm

I received an email this morning from Allied (in the USA) advising they got a shipment of Pi's in and should be shipping them out no later than December 21st. It looks like they are starting to fill some of the backorders. I guess they never fully processed my cancel order in the system even after calling them twice to make sure it was canceled. In the mean time I have ordered 2 from MCM and have tracking numbers for both. My order number with Allied began with 250024xxxx. Hopefully this helps.

sdjf

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Yep, I got that email from Allied too, it is kind of ridiculous, at least I know they did not lose my order. But we still need a decent shipping table, Dec 21 is three and a half weeks from now!

I am not counting on getting a tracking email in a timely basis, figure I should be watching my credit card daily for the charge to go thru, that will give me a better estimate, assuming they do not charge until they pack the box to ship.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Caerulean

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Timeline for my order: 147978
Italicized text in brackets are snippets from the emails.

July 4: Place order and receive order confirmation.
[Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 12 week(s))]
August 28: Shipping Delay
[Since receiving your order, we have been advised that our next batch of approximately 40,000 Raspberry Pi’s will now be arriving during September, with further deliveries expected in October.]
Nov 12: Order Upgraded
[By way of an extra thank you, we’re pleased to let you know that your order for a 256MB Raspberry Pi Model B board will be upgraded to a 512MB revision 2 version of Raspberry Pi.] (In checking the website shipping table, I think my order was set to be despatched sometime in early/mid-December. I don't remember.)
Nov 16 (10 days ago): Order Despatched
[Expected Delivery by Mail within: ...21 Working Days for Countries Outside of Europe.] (I am in the United States, where apparently a lot of people were having issues with still getting the original board after the company had stated that they were giving people the new board to reward their patience.)
Nov 26 (today): Order Received

phunixx

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:57 am

Indeed ridiculous....
Yesterday i ordered a 2nd unit @ Newit
Immediately invoice and a bit later order shipped...

INGWesso

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 am

@Vic@RS

My order was dispatched last Tuesday to the Netherlands. A week later my order was not yet received. Are you using UPS to send packages to the Netherlands? If so, can you send me some kind of tracking link or information where it is.

Thank you :-)

sdjf

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 am

@INGWesso:
RS has been using DHL for international orders. Try tracking your order using the full 10 digit order number on the following page:

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/ ... rence.html

INGWesso

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 am

@sdjf

It can't find my order there, does it mean it is not being send by DHL or it hasn't been send at all?

sdjf

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:32 pm

@INGWesso: I don't know. Some countries, RS has been sending by the postal system instead. Maybe Vic will answer you, or you can search the forums for what other people have said about deliveries to the Netherlands.

Vic@RS

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your posts.

@UglyMike: please can you PM me your Paypal transaction ID, full name and email address and I will try to look in to this futher for you

@ riaanhar: if you PM me your order number, full name and email address I will find out if your order has been shipped

@Stef4no: your order number suggest that you ordered from the Pi Store and not through Allied. Please refer to the shipping schedule in this thread, which shows that your order should have been dispatched between the 12th and the 25th of November

@Cindley: if you would be kind enough to PM me your full order number, name and address I will make sure that your order has been cancelled

@INGWesso: your order is being dispatched through DHL and can take up to 7 working days. Keep me updated throughout the week and if you haven't recieved your Pi by the end of the week I will look in to this futher for you

Thanks again,
Vic

Return to “General discussion”