dasse

TC358743 B102 on CM3

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am

helo everyone,
I'm trying to get HDMI to CSI-2 B102 work through the Compute Module 3. When I start capture an Image, I become this message:

"The Driver for the TC358743 HDMI to CSI2 chip you are using is not supported. They were written for a demao purposes only, and are in the firmeware on as-is Basis and therefore request for Support or changes will not be acted on.""

Can you please tell me if and how I can fixt this Problem?
Thanks

fruitoftheloom

Re: TC358743 B102 on CM3

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:19 pm

dasse wrote:
helo everyone,
I'm trying to get HDMI to CSI-2 B102 work through the Compute Module 3. When I start capture an Image, I become this message:

"The Driver for the TC358743 HDMI to CSI2 chip you are using is not supported. They were written for a demao purposes only, and are in the firmeware on as-is Basis and therefore request for Support or changes will not be acted on.""

Thanks

There is a long long post here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 8&t=120702
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:09 pm

dasse wrote:
What exactly is your problem with it? It's an informational message laying out the support level on the use of that application with devices based on the TC358743 chips.
Raspberry Pi have never released an HDMI input board, therefore they have no obligation to provide any level of support. The fact that Auvidea choose to advertise an unsupported application is their problem.

There are now open source Linux drivers available for the device, and that is the preferred way of using that board.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

dasse

vcgencmd get_camera shows supported = 0 detected = 0 in compute module 3 lite

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks for all your Answers and your suggestions.
I have an another Problem with the lite Version.

I am trying to capture stereo images with raspberry pi compute module 3 lite development kit for my project. I installed the full Version of raspbian jessie on extern Sd Card successfully. Then I followed the instruction of this link
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -camera.md
to attach two cameras to i/o board. Apparently I failed.
When I tried that instruction vcgencmd get_camera, it shows 'supported = 0 detected =0'. I don't understand what went wrong? What did I miss?
Please note that, I'm totally new to raspberry pi. So, please any suggestion to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

fruitoftheloom

Re: vcgencmd get_camera shows supported = 0 detected = 0 in compute module 3 lite

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:18 am

dasse wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 am
Thanks for all your Answers and your suggestions.
I have an another Problem with the lite Version.

I am trying to capture stereo images with raspberry pi compute module 3 lite development kit for my project. I installed the full Version of raspbian jessie on extern Sd Card successfully. Then I followed the instruction of this link
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -camera.md
to attach two cameras to i/o board. Apparently I failed.
When I tried that instruction vcgencmd get_camera, it shows 'supported = 0 detected =0'. I don't understand what went wrong? What did I miss?
Please note that, I'm totally new to raspberry pi. So, please any suggestion to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

Raspbian Jessie was end of life over a year ago, the documentation on the RPF website assumes one is running the current and supported (since Aug 2017) Raspbian Stretch.
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

6by9

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am

It's generally best to start a new thread when changing the subject so completely!

As fruit says, Jessie is end of life and Stretch should be used instead.

If you had the B102 being identified / running on the CM3 then you were 95% of the way there.
Update the /boot/dt-blob.bin with the version from the documentation and reboot.

Hmm, it looks like the docs don't reference the precompiled dtb files. The quickest way to grab the right file is

Code: Select all

wget -O dt-blob-dualcam.bin https://github.com/raspberrypi/documentation/blob/master/hardware/computemodule/dt-blob-dualcam.bin?raw=true
sudo cp dt-blob-dualcam.bin /boot/dt-blob.bin
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

dasse

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 am

I didn't mean Jessie. Sorry. I installed the full Version of raspbian Stretch.
I hav just checked it with this code: ~# cat /etc/os-release
and I got:
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (Stretch)"
NAME ="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (Stretch)"
ID=Raspbian
ID_LIKE=Debian
That means I get the raspbian Stretch right?

dasse

Re: TC358743 B102 on CM3 lite

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am

As fruit says, Jessie is end of life and Stretch should be used instead.

If you had the B102 being identified / running on the CM3 then you were 95% of the way there.
Update the /boot/dt-blob.bin with the version from the documentation and reboot.

Hmm, it looks like the docs don't reference the precompiled dtb files.

The B102 works on my CM3 but I don't have a Display yet so I can't see what I have captured. That is why I wanna do it with the CM3 lite with full Version of Raspbian Stetch( that means with Desktop)

But it still Supporte = 0 detected = 0. I have alreadea install the:
sudo wget http://goo.gl/U4t12b -O /boot/dt-blob.bin

aBUGSworstnightmare

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am

are you sure you're display is working? Have you checked it?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... display.md
Or simply connect via HDMI to a monitor ..
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

dasse

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:52 am

so guys it works now. Thank you verry much for your Help :P :P you are the best

Return to “General discussion”