Sprocky

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:12 pm

hi to you all my name is paul ime 56years old just took earley retirement as wife not to well
i have a 3d printer and verry new to the raspberry pi

Faboo

Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi !
I'm doing AI research during the week and Personal projects in my free time. Not necessarily related to RPi, I really like wood working for instance.
But these days I have a lot of projects in mind with Pi's, and I decided to join this community for getting help and (if possible) helping others.
See you on the forum!
/F

Technik272

Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:24 am

Hello nickname = (Technik) i like programing in python 3 and make games with pygame

And im searching for programers that know python and pygame for me team : )
Im searching for programers that know python 3 and pygame contact haydaybots11@gmail.com

Silver-Chords

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm 25, I just recently bought my first pi in the form of a PiCar. After assembling it and playing with the code I fell in love with the pi, it can be used for so much stuff. I've been coding with python for just under two years, though I know a little bit of a few other languages, python is my main so the pi is a great fit for me.

I just recently started working on an AI to go in my PiCar. It's pretty much like siri but it doesn't spy on you and will be able to, drive the RC car, hold a decent conversation, and a few other nifty things lol. I'm always looking for programmer friends so if you'd like to, hit me up!

UbuntuWizard

Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:41 am

I am the Ubuntu Wizard!

I've used Ubuntu and general Linux for a while, and like coding in python3, or sometimes AVR Assembly!
I use Ubuntu Linux!

clentl

Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 am

HI I'm Clent, and I'm totally new to this raspberry pi thing.
Currently I'm studding to be a web developer. I like to do creative projects, 3D print, and paint them.
I'm joining this because I have an idea for a diorama that I want to use small multiple screen displays for.
Anyways, it's late and I can't think of anything else to say.
Thanks for having me.

jamieFL

Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:10 pm

I don't know where to start. In the past I've programmed a few Arduino projects. My background is NOT in computers, so I'm learning as I go. I recently bought a sailboat that had a 1990's era electronics that seriously need replacing. I found OpenPlotter and OpenCPN and decided to give it a try. I'm pretty happy so far. I'm into backups and redundency, which brings me to this forum. Most of what I've read here is way over my head, but sometimes I learn something.

ashburn15

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi I'm Ash from Singapore. Spent my life tinkering with computers, DIY stuff and simple electronics. When my company had some training funds a few years ago, i signed up for courses in (and got) the Arduino, ESP 8266 and Raspberry Pi (3B+). Tried building a RPi-Lego-JBL Juke Box a year ago but shelved the project due to onboard Bluetooth issues. Now my RPi with 32 inch TV has found new life as a spare PC in the hall for my 2 kids for school and Home Based Learning during this Covid-19 period. Windows laptop in the room handles Zoom meetings, Google Class live sessions and voice recordings (mostly cause its quieter). Still tinkering with my Rpi, trying to improve the experience with low cost accessories thru online shopping. Since no holidays for now, (online) retail therapy is the next best thing :D

My earliest memory of anything remotely computer related was seeing my dad using a ZX while i was growing up in the 80s but i was too young to understand anything. 90s onwards in my teens was the time experimenting with DOS, modems and BBS (can't forget the connecting tone and "ATZ" command). Been a Windows user all my life starting from 3.11, Win 95 and had a Win XP system for the longest time till i was forced to upgrade due to new software being incompatible. Learnt a bit of C++ and VB programming in school. Although i have a smartphone (S10+), i still prefer doing stuff on the PC.

So generally a linux and RPi newbie still learning and discovering new things. Hope i can contribute to the forums and help out!

AlwaysTinkering

Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:52 am

Hi all, I'm a tinkerer... I have been using Raspberry Pi's for many years now. Mainly just as Linux or Android machines, I have a deep passion for the community that has been fostered from the inexpensive SBC. I actually setup to play DOOM on a big screen on a pi when I was in Afghanistan.

After my time in the service I worked at Microsoft as a Software Developer. I had some hard times going from serving others directly to sitting behind a computer. And since have stepped away from development for some time now.

I post also to ask the community if anyone has seen a project where someone has used a pi to setup a single use video conferencing device. I have a daughter who lives across the country and would like to setup a single use tablet type device that she could use to reach out to me on a similar device. Has anyone heard of a project like this? If so, DM me please! ;)

trickytech

Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 am

Hi my name is Sherly and I work as a content writer. I love to cook and sing. I keep searching for tech projects and products for my 13 yr old son. He is a tech enthusiast and always ask for new and innovative games.
I am new to this Rasberry Pi thing.
Looking forward to know more about Rasberry Pi and Arduino board.

Thanks

spaceman21

Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:01 am

Hi from Manila, Philippines.

I got my first RPi (ver 4 4GB) about 2 weeks ago and haven't stopped tinkering with it. I guess like most noobs, my first project is a robot and it's been coming along fine.

Hope to learn from all the experts here.

weavo64

Hello all

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi all , just waiting to receive my starter bundle . I want to make an aircraft tracking receiver (ADSR signal Rx ) .

Thanks Graham

SamuelMac

Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:47 pm

I'm Sam, I am 61 and have worked in technology for over 30 years. I'm new to Raspberry Pi but not Linux.
I'm an application developer for a large bank, it's not like being a coder or programmer but I do some.

I love music and am attempting to get a LAMP server running so I have a database of my LP's, CD's, and Tapes.
I presently have a large text file that is not really functional.

Any how that's a bit about me.

Sam.

random1ng

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a software engineer (currently using Python), looking to do some cool IOT/analysis stuff using raspberry pi.

David Morton

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 am

Hi, I'm David;
I'm Kansas born & bred, but living in Australia and having high-functioning autism. My education was in electronics engineering, my career in commercial IT until the Tech Wreck. So, I've done a bit of everything: Programming, database design, and even spent hours teaching the same person how to do the most basic things in word processors and spreadsheets, over and over again. The "professional" name for that is help desk, and I've used mainframes, minicomputers, UNIX, PC's and Macs, so I believe absolutely in the right tool for the job, not in any one machine or coding language I used several from machine language to Visual Studio.
I got into Raspberry Pi's as it seemed the cheapest way to get into Mathematica; that didn't quite go to plan. I went from "I'll only ever need one (Pi 2 v1.1)" to a max of 13 (9 Zeros with WIFi, a 3B+ and now a Pi 4 of each memory size), now I'm giving Zeroes to friends since they've done there job for me. I've built small clusters for Mathematica, and inadvertently found myself to be good at breaking it. I've also found it unlike any other programming language, and hence hard to learn on your own.
I'm here now two try and get two questions answered about 64-bit Raspbian OS, I keep getting lost online looking for answers without help, so here they are:
1) This link (viewtopic.php?t=275370) says it will be updated and hasn't been since late May. Mind you it is the clearest summary of the 64-bit OS. It won't let me reply to ask if there any updates yet.
2) The second is obvious: is Mathematica (64-bit) available yet for 64-bit Raspberry PI OS. If it is only a beta, that's OK; although it might be too easy to break.

Carfluidsexpert

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Hey. My name is David Nelson. I'm from Alabama. My hobbies are Coaching and Mentoring, Movie Watching.Thanks Carfluidsexpert 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D

Driven2Madness

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi, I'm Chris. I'm a mechanical engineer and I enjoy tinkering. I've played around with some 3d printing and very little with arduino and trying to learn other code, but life always seems to be the challenge to keeping up with any of it. I'm not a computer guru or any sort of programmer. I have never used a Linux system despite installing Ubuntu when I built a computer, switched back to windows.

I was looking around at options for fun things to do and I play a game on a virtual tabletop with friends and saw people use raspberry Pis to host the game. I'm going to try it out for my friend, but I also thought it would be nice to have a small somewhat portable system I could play on. I picked up a RPi 4 that should hopefully arrive soon. I have a spare computer monitor I was going to. Strap it to the back of to play with.

Lots of info on here that I've seen. I'm a little interested in maybe trying to make one of those RetroPie devices. Can that work with a battery pack and a zero? Anyhow, thanks!

Return to “General discussion”