nanard06

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Bonjour à tous et toutes , je m'appelle Bernard mais mes amis m'appelle Nanard . J'ai 56 ans mais malgré mon age :D , je cherche à apprendre toujours et encore . Je ne connais la Framboise que depuis peu de temps et j'aimerai approfondir mes connaissances (Je n'ai aucun projet pour l'instant ).
Alors si je peux me permettre par quoi je devrais commencer langage phyton ?
Merçi de m'accueillir parmi vous

lojzek

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm

And now me.
I am Branko from Slovenia, I have some Pis in the house doing their jobs and sometimes I get into problems like now, and I think that there is the right place to ask.

Dragontail281

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi All,
I am new to the PI world. Just got my RPI3B+ the other day to start learning (re-learning) Linux and learn to code with Python. I will probably use Pi's to do some small projects, but mainly got it to refresh myself on using something other than Windows. Mainly want to do this so that I can teach my now 2 year old son how to code. When I was a kid, in the late 70's early 80's, we used to have a Texas Instruments TI99-4A and did quite a bit with BASIC. I would like to get him involved at a young age, so maybe he goes the way I originally was going to, but didn't, and go to school for computer science. If not, no biggy, he'll at least have a little bit more knowledge about how computers work than his buddies. ;)
So far I have "written" a version of the "Hello World" Python program, installed scratch thru the GUI, installed libreoffice from the command line, and connected my network drive so that I could change the wallpaper of the GUI. I have had a problem with getting an openoffice spreadsheet to open from my network drive in libreoffice, but I'll ask about that on a different thread.

bartislartfast

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi, I am from the UK and I am totally new to the Pi and linux the environment, but I have been tempted by the idea of running my own cloud server and media server on a pi for some time now.

Recently I set up a private TS3 server to replace a Discord server seemed to cause more problems than it's worth on mobile devices but it's running on my laptop and I don't really want to leave that or another PC system running 24/7 for a TS server so, after a bit of research, I purchased a Pi 4 B 4G kit.

Unfortunately my research was not complete enough and I now realise that this solution might not be as easy as i first thought
barti :mrgreen:

natti89

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello!

I'm Natti and I'm just getting into Pi's - modding an existing Arcade1up machine. :) Nice to meet you and hopefully I won't be too much of a bother with questions.

Take care!

Natti

psychosaffa

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Hello! I'm a right auld fart that knows very little about Raspberry Pi and any of the associated hardware or programming! you may be wondering why I'm here then? well I managed to acquire a Raspberry Pi and I have no idea what I have, how to use it, or wat to do with it!

Keshwala

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello from India!
Looking to build some PI/Arduino projects based on agricultural tech. Looking forward to speaking with you all.
Cheers

Urs-1956

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:31 am

hi,
my real name is Gert, I´m living in Germany in the Area near Bonn/Cologne.
I´m retired and die rapsi`s should fill a part of my time ;-)
Since Novemer last Year I´ve got a 4b, a 3a and a 3b+ in 7"-Displaycase.
My first project was pihole on the 3a, that works fine after a time of try anr error.

My English is a bit rustic, but I´ll give my very best :-)

rashmka12

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:22 am

Hey, my name is Rashmika Mandanna as I requested to be a part of this forum community they allowed me to be with them. So here I am. :D
I am a student and usually work for SEO and online stuff. 8-) My favourite hobby is to answer questions also I have joined several communities to Reply the questions asked there.

You can also ask anything to me.

Richardo

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:51 am

Hi, I am Richardo. I have been making electronic projects since the past years, lately with Raspberry Pi. I like home automation and nice hardware :D

Omar Wagdi

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 am

I am Omar. I am a businessman who runs a 24/7 Digital Shop in Qatar.

996owner

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:27 am

Hi,
I'm David, an electronics engineer by trade. Very new to linux and have no idea where to start !
Youtube appears to be my friend :-)

David

996owner

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:57 am

Hi,
I'm David New to Pi. I'm an electronics engineer by trade

David

WasckaleWabbit

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:07 am

Hello, this JAY from Canada. just got my first RBP , a snazzy 4GB ! I'm very impressed so far. - i got the Canakit starter MAX, highly recommend it. my other computer (s) are just overkill for web surfing, streaming, etc ... i think the RBP 4b will use a heck of a lot less power, AND it will be fun to learn a bit of LINUX , maybe do some other cool projects.

back in the 1990s i studied UNIX and C on the University SUN micro systems network, so i have some familiarity with command line operations. yikes!

lets get this party started ! whooop whooop . . .

klinker klinker

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:43 pm

hello i i am Theo
52 yaer old

technolatyhub

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:05 am

Hi I am Robert, I am a tech engineer at a MNC in Baltimore.

mact

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:51 am

I'm 77 and live in Northern Calif between San Francisco and Sacramento along Interstate 80. Oddly enough, I graduated long time ago from an institution called Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute...RPI..as in Raspberry Pi<LOL>...where I learned machine language for an IBM 640 magnetic drum computer. I began using personal computers in 84 when I bought a Kaypro 4 CPM twin floppy "luggable" and today I have 3 W10/W7 machines using early i-core CPUs, 4 macs using similarly aged hardware, and a handful of tablets, laptops, and such. Am presently using a mac mini 2011 as a print server to a Brother laser where the Ethernet has quit working. I want to replace the mini with a Pi (fewer watts) and add file server functions to it to supplement my WD NAS.

From what I gather the Pi is itself needs to boot from an SD card. I see on eBay a reasonably priced addition that could let it boot from an NVMe blade drive via an adaptation of the USB 3 interface or, as an option, a USB-SATA interface that would boot from an SSD.

Any comments from those who have tried such?

I appreciate the speed difference of a SATA vs SD card and imagine that these additions could make a significant difference in the usability of the RPi-4B. It'll be another month before I equip myself so, so until then I'll just be a lurker noob.

George441

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:21 pm

This is George Gibson and i completed my study from the University of South Alabama where i earned my Bachelor's degree in Nursing. My nursing education started in the year 2011.
In March 2017 i joined the military and started my Army Nurse Corps career or ANC as a clinical assistant nurse position, At the Maxwell Air Base in Alabama. After a year of working, i quit from the Military clinical assistant nurse position for some personal family reasons. Now i joined a health care center in Alabama as a principal nurse to continue providing my health care experience.

Meric

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 am

Hi there !

I'm Meric, Engineer for work and maker for spare-time, both are rasp lovers 8-)
Eager to share our experiences !

lazysod

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:07 am

Hi, been running linux 20 years. I am no geek but know the basics. I bought a pi 4, less than a week ago. It is now my second computer and I'm loving it.
Once I settle down and have the desktop the way I like it and make my home made python filemanage ssh capable and etc. I will start looking into what a pi can really do. My biggest issue now is the Gtk3 version. Gtk is a nightmare at the best of times but now they have made redundant so many things and replaced it with insane complex crap. I long for the old Tk days...
Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

bealefay

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:24 am

Hi everyone,
I decided to register and join the local community ;)

MLinzy

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:37 am

Mike here, checking in from behind a Pi4B. Unlike some other forums I've been in where I might be something of a Mr. Knowitall, around here I know a little bit less than nothing.

CCloumartin

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi, I’m Lou

Last time I was this close to computer software was back in the 60’s trying to pass a course in Fortran. Hated it!
I was born in Honolulu, got my ham ticket when I was 12, and earned a EE from Purdue. A career in telecom at MCI as a tech, and facilities engineer during the infancy of email eventually led me to Colorado. Until now I’ve been hands-on, hardware all the way. But at 73, I’ve decided to dabble in the software side. Imua!

dmitr168

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 am

Hi, I am Dmitry, CCTV engineer.
I like the idea of ​​using a camera and Raspberry to develop computer vision applications.

swanfgc

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 am

Ciao!

Ettore,24 yo living in Milan.

Cheers

Return to “General discussion”